Sign in to follow this  
Cheeky Monkey

Green or Gallagher?

I''d take Gallagher any day. He hasn''t put a step wrong as far as I''m concerned.

He controls his back four well and his distribution is much better than Green''s.

Green wants out. He has one year left and we don''t want a Marshall situation on our hands.

I say off load him for £750k which is all he''s realistically worth and invest in a decent striker e.g. McLeod or Eastwood.

We couldn''t even go on to win the league.

Wouldn''t that be nice.

I think it would be fair to see Gallagher play more than 5 games before deciding if he better than a player who has given us 5 seasons good service.

I would not expect Paul Gallagher to command the box in quite the way that Greeno has in recent years but Paul seems to me more athletic & more likely to pull off the heroic, spectacular save. Paul has the job at present, and it would not suprise me to see Greeno go out on loan to a Premiership side with a view to a permanent transfer (if the transfer rules can be bent, sufficiently). The reality last night was that I saw Paul Gallagher playing his full part in an excellent victory at Carrow Road, I saw Greeno wandering, lethargically up Rose Lane about 30 minutes before the match, looking like he didn''t quite belong anywhere. He''s been a great servant to the club, part of our promotion winning team, perhaps one of the unluckiest players not to be voted Player of the Year, but maybe it will be the right time, for all parties, if he were now to move on to fresh fields

i think we should wait a couple more games before we "sell green, and bring in a striker", fair enough if paul continues to play well let rob go as we have a good, solid replacement but just give it another 3 games or so.

It might be  nice if some of us stop getting his name wrong !    its Gallacher  !    [ I`ll sink through the floor if I`m wrong ! ]  [6] 

[quote user="Yellow Shrimper"]I would not expect Paul Gallagher to command the box in quite the way that Greeno has in recent years but Paul seems to me more athletic & more likely to pull off the heroic, spectacular save. Paul has the job at present, and it would not suprise me to see Greeno go out on loan to a Premiership side with a view to a permanent transfer (if the transfer rules can be bent, sufficiently). The reality last night was that I saw Paul Gallagher playing his full part in an excellent victory at Carrow Road, I saw Greeno wandering, lethargically up Rose Lane about 30 minutes before the match, looking like he didn''t quite belong anywhere. He''s been a great servant to the club, part of our promotion winning team, perhaps one of the unluckiest players not to be voted Player of the Year, but maybe it will be the right time, for all parties, if he were now to move on to fresh fields[/quote]

Greeno...command his box....erm when exactly....excellent shot stopper granted but command of area is his weak point

[quote user="Hardhouse44"]Gallagher. Sell Green use the money to get that big striker and win the bloody league.[/quote]

I agree!

Still haven''t really seen enough of Gallacher but looks promising so far.  I would be tempted to stick with him.  Think Green may need a fresh challenge and would leave with the best wishes of the fans.

Interesting to see that David James wants to leave Man City.  Possible move from the mancs for Greeno by the end of August?

On Paul''s performance last year and this I think he could possibly be the best goalkeeper in this league as opposed to Robert. I agree with a former poster that Green commands his area very badly. He was poor for a lot of last season. Does anyone remember the Luton and QPR away games. Shocking! And, yes before people say it, the back four were shocking as well.

You are right Sheded, it is Gallacher, with a ''c''. Apologies Paul, and congratulations for doing a great job!

Thanks for being a great servant Mr Green. Now let him go, cos he''s more miserable than he''s ever been.

CM, I''m with you. We should cash in once he is fit and reinvest the money back in the team.

p.s are you going up for the Luton game?

I met you in your bar for the Burnley game (?? ) last season. The Australian

definately gallacher. i think green peaked with us at the end of the championship winning season. things need to be freshened up and green has gone a bit stale with us. its best for all parties if he moves on. but whether anyone will actually put in a bid is another question!

What you are all forgetting is that somebody has to come in for Rob and be willing to pay good money for him

After the championship season and the Prem season nobody wanted to buy him and his value and stock have dropped since then. Both Rob and Paul are good keepers and I do believe Paul is the future. Rob has not exactly hidden the fact the wants to leave and his perfomrances last season refelcetd that which was sad considering his history with the club. Paul on the other has shown he wants to stay so he really should be given the chance in my opinion.  

I''m convinced Greeno has played his last game for us, but I don''t think it''ll be a great loss.

i seem to be alone here, but i think it would be a grave mistake to get rid of greeno on the back of 5 good games for gallacher. We have no real proof that gallacher will be consistently good all season. What if we get rid of greeno and gallacher turns out to be dodgy? It''s a bit of a gamble if you ask me.

N4 - it wasn''t me. There seems to be two Cheeky Monkey''s on this board. So must have been the other.

But yes, I''m very excited about going to the Luton game. Which is great, because I think it''s the first time I''ve been excited siince we got hammered away by them last year.

I''m in the sell Green get the money for a striker camp. I heard someone mention Green to Man City for £950k + appearance money (up to £1.2million). Now don''t get me wrong my initial reaction when told was he has read the BBC website etc and put two and two together, however it''s also not far fetched. Just thought I''d share what I heard. Before anyone asks, no I won''t share the source cos if i did he''d never tell me anything again.

p.s. Norwich very good on Tuesday and am delighted that we''ve decided top play football again!

im in favour of selling green as i  think it would suite everyone and gallacher looks like he can do a good job at this level the only thing is he does make me abit anxious when he bounces the ball around after making a save and when he dribbles miles out of his box to punt it up the field.