Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Ashton gone: Earnie arrives, Football returns!.

Just an observation, could it be that the temptation to ''hoof'' it to Cashton was too great for some of the players in the past?. Now we have the mini God Earnshaw up front, ''hoofing'' to him is pointless.

Since Earnshaw''s arrival, football has returned to Carrow Road, coincidence?. I would also add Lee Croft and Martin Hunter to that as well.

Oh, and a litle bit of Worthington too!.[;)]

OTBC

Ironic though dont you think? When Ashton was here we had no decent winger to supply him with crosses. Now he has disappeared over the horizon we have a great winger and no big centre forward to get on the end of his quality crosses. Can anyone think of a big centre forward who could do that and who is looking for a club?

[quote user="Peter"]. Can anyone think of a big centre forward who could do that and who is looking for a club?[/quote]

Do you mean Chris sutton buy any chance?!!!!!Wink [;)]

[quote user="Peter"]Ironic though dont you think? When Ashton was here we had no decent winger to supply him with crosses. Now he has disappeared over the horizon we have a great winger and no big centre forward to get on the end of his quality crosses. Can anyone think of a big centre forward who could do that and who is looking for a club?[/quote]Hmmmm a quality striker with prem experience who loves the area and would sign on a free and play as he plays, hmmmm now there must be somebody??

Only some big-time charlie who wants 10k a game and to pick which games he plays between amateur cricket matches.  So no-one serious then.

" would sign on a free and play as he plays "

Isn''t life fun when reality doesn''t have to intrude ?

A world where there are no agents fees, no signing on fees or no basic wage.

Such a shame to have naughty old people like Mr Doncaster come along and spoil things by telling us how it really is.

Still never mind, at the rate we are going the fantasists will soon have Sutton offering to pay US to play.

[quote user="Peter"]Ironic though dont you think? When Ashton was here we had no decent winger to supply him with crosses. Now he has disappeared over the horizon we have a great winger and no big centre forward to get on the end of his quality crosses. Can anyone think of a big centre forward who could do that and who is looking for a club?[/quote]

I would like Sutton obviously but also Sheftki Kuqi would be great in my opinion ! He has fallen out of favour at Blackburn, Great at this level, Good in the air and he can finish well on the floor. The former Ipswich ties wouldn''t bother me too much. He''s by no reason the best we could get in but he is proven and most probably available.

[quote user="lambert gonzales"]agree i''d rather have kuqi than sutton, playing along side earnshaw[/quote]I''ve got to say, that would be a bridge too far for me. I''m not hugely enthusiastic about Sutton, but I''d take him over any scum reject any day of the week.Kuqi ain''t all that anyway - if he is, what was he doing playing for them?

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="lambert gonzales"]agree i''d rather have kuqi than sutton, playing along side earnshaw[/quote]

I''ve got to say, that would be a bridge too far for me. I''m not hugely enthusiastic about Sutton, but I''d take him over any scum reject any day of the week.
Kuqi ain''t all that anyway - if he is, what was he doing playing for them?
[/quote]

Herb , you said "Kuqi ain''t all that anyway - if he is, what was he doing playing for them?"

If you remember the season before last Kuqi''s goals esculated Ipswich into the play-offs. Thankfully Ipswich didn''t make it. Then along came Blackburn ( from the "premiership") and signed him up and he went on to score 5 or 6 times last season where he had little starts, what with the arrival of Bellamy who hit some ACE form. Maybe he isn''t good enougn for the prem but he still scored more goals than Leon Mckenzie did for us when we went up ! He is proven at Championship level. He scored alot of goals at Ipswich and showed many times that he could come up with the goods and it''s not like he had a bad season at Blackburn too. He was juist pushed down in the pecking order what with Bellamy as I said earlier. 

So before you say "Kuqi ain''t all that anyway" think that his performance at Ipswich earned him the right to go up a level in football.

and before say "what was he doing playing for them" Think Darren Bent, Dyer, Ambrose, Richard right, Marcus Bent and now after a year in the premiership Sheftki Kuqi etc. Yeah I hate Ipswich, HATE ipswich but you can''t say what was he doing playing for Ipswich when obviosly they have been consistant over the years at having decent players.. Hopefully that will all change now ! 

Ipswich to a risk getting Kuqi from Sheffield Wednesday and it payed off , why shouldn''t we take the risk on him ? it''s not like he is going to cost alot !

Now i''m off to clense my self and wash my hands. All this Ipswich type has made them dirty !

Juninho

You really do see things in simple, one dimensional terms don''t you 1st Wiz?

This is just sound-bite posting.

Don''t you remember the arguments about Ashton needing the ball to feet and his being poor with his back to goal. What about all those points that he was used to a passing game at Crewe and got hoofball at Norwich.

I am afraid the change in football is nothing to do with the simple change of strikers and you know that to be true, don''t you?

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="lambert gonzales"]agree i''d rather have kuqi than sutton, playing along side earnshaw[/quote]

I''ve got to say, that would be a bridge too far for me. I''m not hugely enthusiastic about Sutton, but I''d take him over any scum reject any day of the week.
Kuqi ain''t all that anyway - if he is, what was he doing playing for them?
[/quote]

HAHAHAHAHAHA