Sign in to follow this  
Huddy

Goodbye Greeno?

According to ''the nest '' greeno will be off to charlton by the end of next week. With the nest being a NCFC fanbase i see no reason for the site to lie about this and believe that they do indeed have a source than confirms this.

I might have misunderstood what they mean but it seems they expect we will get 1.5m plus 1 or 2 players. (am i right?) I reckon Bryan hughes, Jason Euell ,Shaun Bartlett or another keeper

could come in exchange because we are looking for a targetman and have been interested in hughes before i believe.

This would be a great deal if it came off because 1.5m would give us suffucient cash to buy that striker we need if we dont get one as part of the deal, Freddy Eastwood amongst others might just come into our price range although we would probably go after izale mcleod. The money should help us boost the squad and help us push for promotion

Green''s been a great servent for us over the years, but now the times right for him to leave for the good of himself and NCFC. We have Paul Gallacher who looks perfectly capable and Joe Lewis is highly rated.

If it is true (and we''ve heard this many times before about Greeno), then it should be a decent outcome for everybody.

Greeno leaves with the respect and good wishes of the fans.

Charlton get a good keeper for a decent sum of money.

Norwich get a reasonable fee (and perhaps some players).

Greeno gets back in the Prem and perhaps the next England squad.

(I''ll believe it when i see it though...)

[quote user="Matt Hudson"]

According to ''the nest '' greeno will be off to charlton by the end of next week. With the nest being a NCFC fanbase i see no reason for the site to lie about this and believe that they do indeed have a source than confirms this.

I might have misunderstood what they mean but it seems they expect we will get 1.5m plus 1 or 2 players. (am i right?) I reckon Bryan hughes, Jason Euell ,Shaun Bartlett or another keeper

could come in exchange because we are looking for a targetman and have been interested in hughes before i believe.

This would be a great deal if it came off because 1.5m would give us suffucient cash to buy that striker we need if we dont get one as part of the deal, Freddy Eastwood amongst others might just come into our price range although we would probably go after izale mcleod. The money should help us boost the squad and help us push for promotion

Green''s been a great servent for us over the years, but now the times right for him to leave for the good of himself and NCFC. We have Paul Gallacher who looks perfectly capable and Joe Lewis is highly rated.

[/quote]

It will certainly not be a swap including Shaun Bartlett beacuse he is no longer a Charlton player. He signed for one of the teams Man Utd played in pre season. An African team I seem to remember i''m just having some trouble remembering what they are called ..

Izzy Macleod or Steve Brooker - we''ve been linked to them for ages. Wouldnt be surprised to see Thorne going the other way with some cash in his pocket to make it sweeter - (Transfer money that is) 

Plenty people talk of Eastwood, but he''s 5ft 10 - hardly a target man. Same goes for the bloke at Carlisle - er - Karl Hawley. Steve Brooker not sure on, but i dont think he troubles the tape measure either at any point over 5ft 10. (I''m also sure he signed a new contract cose season) I think Izzy''s the tallest at 6ft, but isnt he reknowned for his pace? pace and aerial ability hardly go hand in hand.

I''m confident that thorne will be used as bait, unless of course he is sold to pay Suttons wages!

I am glad that Bartlett wont be an option, i would rather we took straight cash instead of any of their cast offs so that we can buy 2 quality players that we really do want and need. The only back up player they have that i would perhaps consider is Matt Holland, he would be a good signing, but certainly not kevin lisbie!

Man City are now on the hunt for a keeper. Would take the cash then decide who to buy rather than any part exchange.

Given that James cost £1.5m and Francis left us for a figure around that number anything less than £2m will be a steal.

Shame that he didn''t get the high profile of the World Cup as it would have certainly have boosted his value.

And yes before his absence I would have strongly recommended against, but we got through a season or two with Crichton as back up so there would be no real panic if he left.

Green isn''t worth £2M today, but he was probably worth that two seasons ago. His stock for a variety of reasons has gone down ever since.

I can''t get all misty eyed about Rob Green like some other fans. He has wanted out of Carrow Road for some considerable time and his body language for the last few months he played showed his mind was clearly elsewhere. He should of been dropped [another Worthy mistake] but probably retained his place due to the impending World Cup and by his potential transfer value going down, but he managed that by himself by not showing his true form.

Gallacher may not be Paul Robinson, but he is a breath of fresh air as far as I''m concerned. The whole team will benefit from having a keeper who WANTS to play for NCFC. Lewis will be an able deputy - I would like to see the cash raised from a Green sale spent on other areas on the pitch.

[quote user="komakino"]Green isn''t worth £2M today, but he was probably worth that two seasons ago. His stock for a variety of reasons has gone down ever since. I can''t get all misty eyed about Rob Green like some other fans. He has wanted out of Carrow Road for some considerable time and his body language for the last few months he played showed his mind was clearly elsewhere. He should of been dropped [another Worthy mistake] but probably retained his place due to the impending World Cup and by his potential transfer value going down, but he managed that by himself by not showing his true form. Gallacher may not be Paul Robinson, but he is a breath of fresh air as far as I''m concerned. The whole team will benefit from having a keeper who WANTS to play for NCFC. Lewis will be an able deputy - I would like to see the cash raised from a Green sale spent on other areas on the pitch.[/quote]

absolutely komakino - he got a bit up himself last season with his having a go at the crowd stuff and so on - until then he was a darling of the crowd. when he came onto the pitch at half time - i actually heard some boos! Shove off, get your haircut, lose some weight and get us some cash. I''ll be happy with that whilst you sit in the reserves at Charlton.

According to the Mail on Sunday he''s having a medical at Charlton

tomorrow and the clubs have agreed a fee of around £6m. Sounds rather

too good to be true doesn''t it

6 million, thats got to be a joke. the highest ammount i heard was 1.7 mill

[quote user="Yellow Shrimper"]According to the Mail on Sunday he''s having a medical at Charlton

tomorrow and the clubs have agreed a fee of around £6m. Sounds rather

too good to be true doesn''t it[/quote] It''ll be nowhere near 6m, but I understand the deal was done sometime ago, possibly around the time Greeno was called up to England.