Sign in to follow this  
Tom NCFC

Why hasn't Worthy got a Plan C?

I find this hard to work out, For the best part of 2-3 Months and 1 World cup, Worthy is telling us he can only think of 2 players to target. I know the club is financial not great but still there must be more than 2 players out there!

I''m not sure who is to blame more, Worthington or the Scout team. One of them must have been at the world cup and if so why haven''t we been in serious negoitations with a few of them players? What have the Scout team been doing this summer, topping up their tans? The whole set-up seems pathetic to me! I think Worthy and our scouts should get off the golf courses, remove their thumbs from their own behinds and start doing so work!

At the end of last season, i had a list of at least 30 players who we could have signed for very good prices.

Worthy had a list of two for a rip off price.

What I find interesting is that a former Worthy target (Scowcroft) has recently signed for Palace for a fee that we no doubt could have afforded. 

[quote user="Saint Canary"]

What I find interesting is that a former Worthy target (Scowcroft) has recently signed for Palace for a fee that we no doubt could have afforded. 

[/quote]

Ha, Scowcroft, waste of money if you ask me. £500k for a man who in 44 apparances for Coventry managed 3 goals. No thanks!

We are not looking for a goal scorer though are we?  All Worthy wants is a great lump to head on the "missiles" launched from the back four.

I don''t believe Worthy thought he would need a ''Plan C''!. He expected more from the board, but Delia is holding back. I''m sure if he knew he had so little to spend he may of trawled around the lower leagues earlier on - His support from the board is now in limited form.

The next few weeks will be very interesting, especially if NO purchases are made...

[quote user="Linda Hucker"]It is true what you say, Saint. We have the goal scorer in Earnie + others we need a hold up striker.[/quote]

Careful Linda, we don''t want to go agreeing too much.

Worthy has no plan ''c'' because he never learnt his alphabet.  Besides, he isnt known for his planning ahead as he is never wrong so therefore never needs to wander from his original train of thought.I find it completely puzzling that he hasnt even picked up a couple of ''free'' journeymen just to bolster the squad numbers.  Something is happening withn the board room of NCFC incorperated that even he cant budge.Mind you saying that, it will by no means shock me if we all of a sudden find a couple of million for players, well, the board have to prove us all wrong to keep face.  Dont they?????

[quote user="komakino"]I don''t believe Worthy thought he would need a ''Plan C''!. He expected more from the board, but Delia is holding back. I''m sure if he knew he had so little to spend he may of trawled around the lower leagues earlier on - His support from the board is now in limited form. The next few weeks will be very interesting, especially if NO purchases are made...[/quote]

That''s an interesting point, I wonder if Delia is holding back funds so that we can attract a better manager in Janurary by offering him money to spend in the transfer window?

Maybe the board are smarter than we thought, force Worthy out by not giving him funds and get a new manager and give him what worthy would have wasted!

Worthy Out, December!!!

[quote user="Tom NCFC"]

[quote user="komakino"]I don''t believe Worthy thought he would need a ''Plan C''!. He expected more from the board, but Delia is holding back. I''m sure if he knew he had so little to spend he may of trawled around the lower leagues earlier on - His support from the board is now in limited form. The next few weeks will be very interesting, especially if NO purchases are made...[/quote]

That''s an interesting point, I wonder if Delia is holding back funds so that we can attract a better manager in Janurary by offering him money to spend in the transfer window?

Maybe the board are smarter than we thought, force Worthy out by not giving him funds and get a new manager and give him what worthy would have wasted!

Worthy Out, December!!!

[/quote]

Well. I don''t think that makes them smarter than we thought Tom. It has been mentioned several times as a possible scenario for our lack of transfer action. I, however, would find it all a bit annoying as it would tell me that the board does not back NW but neither does it have the bottle to sack him. I think we are in for a very interesting time leading up to January 2007.

Mark .Y.

[quote user="mystic megson"]Plan C: Is Dean Windass still available?[/quote]

Dean Windass (considered too old by Chase and co 10 years ago) was still scoring shedloads in Division1 last year.  And no doubt would still do a job in the championship....

He has, that is sign nobody!

Worthy doesnt know the alphabet after C, and to save embarresment he isnt having any more plans.

Lets hope he gets to plan D fairly quickly and Deserts us [:D]

Given that plans A and B weren''t up to much I think we can only be grateful there isn''t a plan C.  The mind boggles as to who he would be after.

[quote user="Balham Yellow"]Given that plans A and B weren''t up to much I think we can only be grateful there isn''t a plan C.  The mind boggles as to who he would be after.[/quote]

Enoch Showumni?, Adrian Coote?, Steve Claridge? or somebody who scored against us by fluke. If worthy hears the fans saying they want the old player back, he''ll go for coote not sutton.

[quote user="Fact Hunt"]Worthy has no plan ''c'' because he never learnt his alphabet.  Besides, he isnt known for his planning ahead as he is never wrong so therefore never needs to wander from his original train of thought.

I find it completely puzzling that he hasnt even picked up a couple of ''free'' journeymen just to bolster the squad numbers.  Something is happening withn the board room of NCFC incorperated that even he cant budge.

Mind you saying that, it will by no means shock me if we all of a sudden find a couple of million for players, well, the board have to prove us all wrong to keep face.  Dont they?????
[/quote]

Me too, Fact Hunt, I did wonder if the board would let him have a free rein this pre season, going by last year''s successes, but not to pick up any freebies does seem strange.  He says he''s had targets but they have since gone elsewhere, so what''s his next move?  Publically plead for more cash?  Go with what he''s got?  Or, start coaching them properly (Hunter?).  I''d personally go with coaching what we have.  I can''t believe some of the dross we witnessed last season can''t be put right with proper coaching and some suitable game plans enforced.  I don''t want to hear anymore of this "They can do it in training". 

Maybe the board will keep all the money, somehow I think they will.  They might publically back NW, but have to have a plan B if it all goes tits up again. 

Welcome back Gazza [:D] I see Mr Mumbles has confirmed today that we have got 1m to spend after all.

Still think Worthless could be on to Plan D within a month!