Sign in to follow this  
MacDouble rides again

So who do you think should go before the season starts!

Thorne

Hughes

MLJ or Colin

Fleming is a decent squad playert and i reckon etuhu has potential and willl come good.

Peter Thorne is the most likely to go.

Andy Hughes had the toughest time with supporters I would say.  Etuhu will be staying and improving, Robinson also.

I don''t think many will leave.  It''s easier to sell players when the team is doing well, regardless of whether individual players are any good.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

Peter Thorne is the most likely to go.

Andy Hughes had the toughest time with supporters I would say.  Etuhu will be staying and improving, Robinson also.

I don''t think many will leave.  It''s easier to sell players when the team is doing well, regardless of whether individual players are any good.

[/quote]

Very true blahblah, also the squad is still very thin and numbers are low. We certainly can''t afford to lose the likes of Craig Fleming, whom proved he can still do a job at this level and was probably our best right back last season.

I shall be a little bit sad to see Peter Thorne leave. I never thought we got the best from him. He had a good goals to games ratio at Cardiff and when he arrived here I thought that maybe, just maybe we had snapped up a bargain. Sadly, it wasn''t to be.

Why does this board seem so anti-MLJ. no-one has seen him play enough for norwich to give an opinion... and up until coming here the bloke had a good injury record

some people are Ignorant to that fact Dave.. as far as they see it the guys Injured ergo he must be reubbish! shame.. i think MLJ could do well for us and i for one am hoping to see him in the team next season to prove me right

jas :)

I''d like to join the MLJ love-in.

The poor lad has had a horrific season in terms of injuries, but

hopefully he''ll stay fit for the start of the season and will give us a

good option at RB, as well as possibly even at Right Midfield!

Bashing the chap is ridiculous when we''ve barely seen him play. 

We didn''t pay anything for him, other than Holty, and he''s probably not

the highest earner in the squad, so let''s give him a chance.

People can suggest he''s a sick-note, but that would be like Newcastle

getting on Owen''s back! Okay, dodgy comparison, but you get my point...

I''d also like to stick up for MLJ - he deserves a chance: just because he got injured early on in his first season for us doesn''t mean he will always be a ''sick note'' and I''m sure he''d come through for us given a chance.....Colin, on the other hand, was given ample opportunity but seemed to be far too in and out for my liking.  If we are talking about offloading players then my order would have to be Colin first and then Thorne - but again, Thorne is much better than he showed us last season and may be worth another crack.

Again I will repeat myself in saying that the squad is too small to lose many (any??) more players.   The only players we can really afford to lose are a striker or those worthy does not want.  The latter group are already gone.

Moving Thorne on does leave us with only one type of striker - small pacy players who prefer the ball to feet - no problem with that at all unless we dont change our tactics from last year.

So at the moment I say keep them all - with better coaching and tactics I remain sadly deluded that we can win this league with this core squad and a couple of decent midfielders...

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

So at the moment I say keep them all - with better coaching and tactics I remain sadly deluded that we can win this league with this core squad and a couple of decent midfielders...

[/quote]

I too am slightly deluded Zipper and think with a couple of good additions this squad can challenge next season. 

I just don''t think it''s a good idea to lose anyone at the moment but it looks almost certain that Thorne is on his way.  Colin has had one season here - so many foreign players struggle for that first season.  Bergkamp and Henry being the two main examples of players who took a while to find there feet.  This is said a bit too often but the pace of English Football is so different from foreign football and it really can be a shock, so lets give him another season.

Hughes to my mind is well worth keeping - maybe not as a first team player though.  He is to me, a very useful squad player who can fill a variety of roles coming off the bench.  Etuhu and Robinson need more time to prove themselves.

Players should certainly leave if Worthington does not want them but replacements should come in before anyone leaves.  At this point we still have Simon Charlton to replace from our small squad of last year and we can''t afford for it to get smaller.

absolutely ZLF, the problem is the current midfield crop are not good enough to play the passing game.  So we either sign a lump and hoof it at him, or sign a good couple of midfielders (a right sider and a central player) and play our way out of this division.

I fear a lump will be arriving before the season starts, lets hope it works.

As for our appalling defensive record??  who knows?  I don''t even think a new right back is going to sort out the deep rooted problems at the back....

perhaps Hunter will be able to help with our appalling defensive record - we do have the players to perform effectively IMO - and I also think that MLJ should be given a chance to show what he is made of when he is fit. I think the amount of criticism directed at him has been grossly unfair considering the lack of opportunity he has had to play.

I don''t think it''s his [MLJ] ability which people are questioning, it''s just the frustration - everyone knew he was injury prone and the likelyhood was, we would only get half a dozen games out of him a season, keeping Steady Eddie would have been a better option.

There''s no one i REALLY want to go.. but i think we need to offload Thorne, MLJ and colin and bring in some fresh legs.

I''d like to see Johansson back here perm

wouldn''t mind Davenport either; he was good :)

Worthless would be a good start to any dismissals. I''m quite happy to let the new manager decide which players should stay and which ones should go.

Worthington of Course!

and if we are to get rid of any player then Carl Robinson... the man is quite simply Rubbish! Water carrier springs to mind

jas :)