Sign in to follow this  
Herb

Its probably not the first time...

But what the hell. I''ll post it again anyway - its not like anyone here will ever tire of watching it:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owCt1dGrK2EGenius!

I was only a young lad at the time, but I remember it well, one of my earliest memories of Norwich City and indeed the beautiful game. No wonder I''m hooked for life!

perhaps th ebest goal ever scored at Carrow Road...

most people think we won that match 1-0 and that was the winner.. we lost 5-3 and it was game over when Justin put that away

jas :)

I wasnt around then either but I have seen it a few times before.Is it me or is it one of those goals that gets better and better everytime you see it again. It reminds me of Henrys goal a couple of seasons ago when he flicked it up and shot - this is almost 20 years prior to that.What a gifted player Justin was and again Norwich were lucky to probably see the best of his career. A true footballing great.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

perhaps th ebest goal ever scored at Carrow Road...

most people think we won that match 1-0 and that was the winner.. we lost 5-3 and it was game over when Justin put that away

[/quote]

It was the 5-3 game, but if my memory serves me right liverpool scored two late goals to make it 5-3, so the game was far from over when he scored that

happy days, that was one of the first games my dad took me to see

cant think of a better goal than that or safs.

[quote user="fat lip"]

cant think of a better goal than that or safs.

[/quote]Speaking of which: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObPEL0McCcAThe internet''s bloody great innit? :)

[quote user="Calle"]

Found another thing at that site. Not much to do with football, but if there is anyone out there who gets this great feeling when everyone in the crowd sings the national anthem, then watch this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meLpuF9UMvk

[/quote]

I think the scene in Cassablanca where they sing the French national anthem is very stirring! On the main topic, I think the Fashanu goal was fantastic but I''m always amazed at the state of pitches back then.

Think the Welsh know how to do National Anthems very well. Shame we English folk don''t sing Jerusalem really rather than God Save the Queen. Could be far more rousing and filled with passion. God Save the Queen just seems a bit crap to me. Not saying she''s not a lovely lady and its a good song. Just I think we could do better anthem wise.

can anyone find Darren Eadies Halfway line Lob at Carrow Road vs Sunderland.. awesome Strike! was about 1997/98 i think