Sign in to follow this  
streakey

REASONS TO BE CHEERFUL PART 2. YOU POST YOUR 1

Its the weekend , the sun is going to shine .  I just  may  take a trip to Cantley wearing a  Norwich City  base ball cap to see if they are at home....or i may say bugger the baseball cap and Cantley ,to go to the pub on the pull  . yes yes please.

Im going to the Test match at Trent Bridge tomorrow. Sitting on the front row, probably behind where Monty will be fielding!

And to top things off Ive got a three and a 1/4 hour HR exam starting in an hour..

Does anyone still live in Cantley????   Go down the road a bit further to Reedham & wait for the new holiday makers trying to moor there boats.It kept me amused for years as a nipper!

[quote user="streakey"]Its the weekend , the sun is going to shine .  I just  may  take a trip to Cantley wearing a  Norwich City  base ball cap to see if they are at home....or i may say bugger the baseball cap and Cantley ,to go to the pub on the pull  . yes yes please.[/quote]

Charming! Bugger you too!

I''m feeling mildly better from a horrendous hangover that I had this morning! I''m moving in the right direction.

I like the new found optimism!! I am also relishing the day,the sun is shining, just got paid , can have the roof off of my car for once, may pop into the city to see what summer gear women are walking about in (i believe short skirts are in!!) and to top it off England are on tonight!!

I''m just so ecstatic, that Nigel is still at the rudderless helm of the "Sinkin'' Ship" Canary, and that means - that I can carry on with some serious moanin'' for at least half of yet another mediocre season.........[li]

The club is currently a pair of ill-fitting pants - and we need some new ''belt and braces'' to keep us up. Ah, negativity......it''s in my nature, and the instant cure for narcosis whilst watchin'' Norwich......[|-)] ;~)

My boss has just phoned (on his way to the airport and somewhere very hot and sunny) to say can I go in an hour early because someone''s phoned in sick.  Super, smashing, lovely.

BUT. . . as he''s out of the way I''m going to take a radio in so we can listen to the England game this afternoon.

To cheer you up . . . here''s a rumour I got from a cheeky 10-year-old called Jamie (don''t say I never name my sources).  Theo Walcott could be coming here on a season''s loan, but won''t decide until after the World Cup.  The boy clearly has a bright future in tabloid journalism.   

I''ve finished my exams, England are playing today, the world cup starts this week and I''m free to watch every last game! [:D] but then there Norwich....oh well can''t have everything perfect

[quote user="Getting off the fence"]Hundreds of Worthy outers have not renewed their season tickets meaning that the rest of us can enjoy the football again...[/quote]

"Enjoy the ''football'' again?" You''re obviously not going to Carrow Road next season then ''Getting off on a fence''.....Kings Lynn or Norwich Utd at Plantation Park is it?...........

For those of you who are not aware  , England play Jamaica  , BBC 1 , kick off 2 pm 

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="Getting off the fence"]Hundreds of Worthy outers have not renewed their season tickets meaning that the rest of us can enjoy the football again...[/quote]

"Enjoy the ''football'' again?" You''re obviously not going to Carrow Road next season then ''Getting off on a fence''.....Kings Lynn or Norwich Utd at Plantation Park is it?...........

[/quote]

We don''t have to win all the time for me to enjoy it. If you want that support Chelsea.

Goodness me Fence. You are remarkable fellow (I assume you are of the male gender).

Apart from the fact that your comments always seem to be crass, with the greatest of respect, I don''t think you get it. Most of us are not complaining that we dont win matches, it''s the style of play and the wonderment of what exactly the coaching staff do to earn their money.

It is no exageration to say that I see better football being played on the local pitches on a Sunday. I sit in the Upper Barclay and I can assure you there is nobody in our vicinity that would agree with any of your postings.

You seem constantly to imply that because most of us have renewed our season tickets that we actually support Worthington and everything the club does. You are wrong - it''s just that we are all loyal supporters of the club and I would say the vast majority of us can''t wait for Worthy to go.

Now, you never know, Worthy might go through some type of time warp and with a really decent coach we could start playing pass and move football again. The board might emphasise ''ambition'' a bit more rather than the prudence which seems to have given the directors a healthy balance sheet. I hope for all this but I just can''t see it happening. I sincerely hope I wrong.

I have no reasons to be chearful.

I played cricket today, scored just 1 and dropped a catch in the slips. Englans cricketers are going to lose to sri lanka.

And the whole country is getting over excited just cos we beat the might of Jamaica. They are crap, worse than T&T, and they lost to wales! Crouch gets a hat-trick and all of a sudden he''s the new alan shearer. The world cup willl be an anticlimax and we''ll be lucky to reach the quarters.

And i have good indications that suggest that NCFC ill spend little over the summer, due to Rob Green''s injury. I have it on authority that we were prepared to cash in which would have been good to raise transfer funds, but now he''s crocked and we''re stuck with free transfers probably. Worthy is an admirer of Luke Chadwick. GREAT!

So 4 great reasons NOT to be chearful.

[quote user="Getting off the fence"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

We don''t have to win all the time for me to enjoy it. If you want that support Chelsea.

[/quote]

You''re right there Fence. I also can take loosing as long as the team has given it their all and done their best to play decent football. However last season we didnt really see any half decent attempt to try and play football the way we had in previous seasons which was what annoyed me the most. When the supporters saw how much money had been spent on the squad they naturally expected us to have done better and won more games. It''s also hard to enjoy a game when you see the ball pumped into the sky all game, its leaves a rather nasty pain in the neck area [;)]

[quote user="Getting off the fence"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I would support Chelsea now - as they''re a lot betterer and richer and more suckersessful and have loadsa good kickers and stuff and although I supported  Arsenal and Man Utd they''re not winnin'' the prem anymore and they''re not as fashunable as mega ACE Chelski! But their merchandise is quite expensive - so I''ll have to make do with ''ickle underachieving NCFC'' for anuvver 20+ years I suppose......Anyway, London''s too far away and big and scary......and I don''t really like the colour blue! Funny how their Chairman''s a RED though innit.......PS What''s ''Fickle'' fency?[:|] and R U easily pleased? [8-|]