Sign in to follow this  
Maverick

Worthy Out Campaign - a suggestion

I have been critical of the behaviour at Mondays game and have made no secret of the fact that I''m not in the Worthy Out camp (yet).I am,however,interested in how many people do want him out and think I''ve got an idea that will be more successful than previous efforts in gauging exactly how large this group is.

I witnessed the protest before the Leicester game , which given the number of fans that are supposed to want Worthy out , can only be described as disappointing.I think most people know that these protests will not give an accurate view of exactly how many people feel this way because many people just don''t want to do things that way.

On Monday , on the way to the ground at about 20 minutes to kick off I witnessed the people queueing to sign the petition.I didnt want to sign it myself but one of the guys I was with wanted to but he didnt want to wait around in a queue to do so.How many like him walked past because they wanted to get in the ground on time and how many did not even know the petitions were there ?

Anyway , here''s the idea -

Given that the Wolves game is a sell out , it is fair to assume that the majority of City fans attending will be season ticket holders or members.There is one thing that we all share and it will be totally redundant the minute that we walk through the turnstiles on Sunday week - our Membership card/Season ticket.No-one needs it any more and we’ll get a new one for next season anyway.

Why not have a collection after the game of season tickets/membership cards from all fans that want the manager replaced ?

I''m assuming that no-one that wants Worthy Out will stay for the ‘lap of (dis)honour’ after the game , so why don’t 20 of you (5 per stand) leave 10 minutes before the end , each grab a bucket and start collecting season tickets/mem cards from those who want a change of manager as they leave ?

This is a much more effective way of gauging support because-

- Its quicker for people to throw their ticket in a bucket than waiting to sign a petition.

- Some people just don’t want to stand outside the ground chanting or marching to the ground en masse.

- It cant be fixed – people can only register their opinion once.

- People not attending can tell whoever is using their ticket to throw it in the bucket for them.

- Its just as good as a petition anyway – each ticket has a name on it.

It will be easy for you to let everyone know this is happening – the local press are quite receptive to both sides of the argument at present and I’m sure they will give it some column inches if they know it is happening.

On Sunday you collate and count all the tickets then on Bank Holiday Monday at the Open Day , track Mr Doncaster down and present him with the tickets.

Just a suggestion,I would be interested in what you think ?

[quote user="Maverick"]

I have been critical of the behaviour at Mondays game and have made no secret of the fact that I''m not in the Worthy Out camp (yet).I am,however,interested in how many people do want him out and think I''ve got an idea that will be more successful than previous efforts in gauging exactly how large this group is.

I witnessed the protest before the Leicester game , which given the number of fans that are supposed to want Worthy out , can only be described as disappointing.I think most people know that these protests will not give an accurate view of exactly how many people feel this way because many people just don''t want to do things that way.

On Monday , on the way to the ground at about 20 minutes to kick off I witnessed the people queueing to sign the petition.I didnt want to sign it myself but one of the guys I was with wanted to but he didnt want to wait around in a queue to do so.How many like him walked past because they wanted to get in the ground on time and how many did not even know the petitions were there ?

Given that the Wolves game is a sell out , it is fair to assume that the majority of City fans attending will be season ticket holders or members.There is one thing that we all share and it will be totally redundant the minute that we walk through the turnstiles on Sunday week - our Membership card/Season ticket.No-one needs it any more and we’ll get a new one for next season anyway.

Why not have a collection after the game of season tickets/membership cards from all fans that want the manager replaced ?

I''m assuming that no-one that wants Worthy Out will stay for the ‘lap of (dis)honour’ after the game , so why don’t 20 of you (5 per stand) leave 10 minutes before the end , each grab a bucket and start collecting season tickets/mem cards from those who want a change of manager as they leave ?

- Its quicker for people to throw their ticket in a bucket than waiting to sign a petition.

- Some people just don’t want to stand outside the ground chanting or marching to the ground en masse.

- People not attending can tell whoever is using their ticket to throw it in the bucket for them.

It will be easy for you to let everyone know this is happening – the local press are quite receptive to both sides of the argument at present and I’m sure they will give it some column inches if they know it is happening.

On Sunday you collate and count all the tickets then on Bank Holiday Monday at the Open Day , track Mr Doncaster down and present him with the tickets.

[/quote]

Sounds like a cracking idea!

[quote user="Maverick"]

[/quote]

its not a bad idea maverick, I will be helping with the petition next time as I heard only 6 people were collecting signatures!!!  I also arrived only a few minutes before kick off so could not sign the petition.....

Not been about to post on here for ages, but did see your recent thread about what happened on Monday and thought it was spot-on (for the first - and I hope last - time ever the behaviour of our ''supporters'' made me feel ashamed), as is this idea....indeed, it sounds far too good to catch on, it does  seem to me that many individuals seem to be getting to like the sound of their own sound-bites at the moment!

Yep,must agree. You have came up with a great idea there.My season tickets halfway in the bin already.

Its such a shame worthy couldnt come up with some ideas each week,well good ideas anyway.

Ever thought of going into football management Maverick?

Good idea, mate. I take it there are no security risks in letting somebody else have these cards? People wanting Worthy out could also dispose of their matchday ticket stubs in the buckets, couldn''t they?

Boadicea would you rather the club sell our details, which they may well be doing, little risk in this I feel, where can I send my 2005-6 membership card to show my support, won''t go to games while Worthy at NCFC, also  my daughter  wants him out.

Please advise address.

Doesnt really matter what numbers want him in or out , the thing is this in fighting will carry on into next season because too many people hate the sight and sound of Worthington and its not going to change .

lets remeber that season tickets get therm discounts at other local business as well as with Canary Travel(fly be) and the club shop.

this is a stupid idea!

i want Worthy out but will be holding onto my season ticket until the new one arrives to take advantage of the other offers.

jas :)