Sign in to follow this  
Citizen Journalist Foghorn

danny crow - 15 goals

It beggers belief when you compare Danny Crow to the lads who have just been offered one year pro contracts,  Danny absolutely shone for the reserves I dont believe any of the 4 new pros do that.   Worthy really has lost the plot.

Crow would have done a better job than Thorne. Thorne has had his chances and scored 1 goal, Crow proved himself at youth and reserve level yet wasnt kept.

If worthy goes, lets resign him, give him a chance to play for his boyhood club but not under worthy!

With the Crow goals and the Darrel  Russell display at ipswich today I was just thinking - if you were to put a team together with the players worthy has given away or sold and asked them to play our present side, who would come out on top - now let''s see - Crow, Russell, Malky, Francis, M Jonson, Steady Eddy, Bellamy, Ashton - hmmmmmm think i''ll stop right there before the image of Hux on a 50k transfer starts to materialise

Sorry, this is rubbish.  League 2 is a completely different kettle of fish to the championship.OTBC!Chunky

[quote user="FilletTheFishWife ."]in League Two[/quote]

Would that be the same League two in which Northampton play? The Northampton we managed to defeat this year but who beat us a couple of seasons ago?

Not indicative of a gulf in class that form is it?

At norwich its not the ability to score goals thats the problem

we could have henry and ronaldo upfront and we still wouldnt score!

Its the service, we just dont have the creativity in midfield....

[quote user="John Boubepo"]With the Crow goals and the Darrel  Russell display at ipswich today I was just thinking - if you were to put a team together with the players worthy has given away or sold and asked them to play our present side, who would come out on top - now let''s see - Crow, Russell, Malky, Francis, M Jonson, Steady Eddy, Bellamy, Ashton - hmmmmmm think i''ll stop right there before the image of Hux on a 50k transfer starts to materialise
[/quote]

Danny Crow - now in league two, scoring these goals

Malky - released by Norwich when we reached the premiership, West Ham did the same (and Watford probably will as well)

Daryl Russell - we couldn''t keep him because he wouldn''t sign a contract

Damien Francis - Wanted to leave

Mathias Johnson - scored one goal for us

Bellamy - wanted to go, we got a good price

Ashton - wanted to go, we got a good price

Edworthy - only now playing in a struggling Derby side

Where they bad decisions at the time? The players we bought in were on paper very good players, even Dickson. Its just not worked out, but i cannot belive we would be in a better position if we had kept all of these players.

[quote user="djb"]

[quote user="John Boubepo"]With the Crow goals and the Darrel  Russell display at ipswich today I was just thinking - if you were to put a team together with the players worthy has given away or sold and asked them to play our present side, who would come out on top - now let''s see - Crow, Russell, Malky, Francis, M Jonson, Steady Eddy, Bellamy, Ashton - hmmmmmm think i''ll stop right there before the image of Hux on a 50k transfer starts to materialise[/quote]

Danny Crow - now in league two, scoring these goals

Malky - released by Norwich when we reached the premiership, West Ham did the same (and Watford probably will as well)

Daryl Russell - we couldn''t keep him because he wouldn''t sign a contract

Damien Francis - Wanted to leave

Mathias Johnson - scored one goal for us

Bellamy - wanted to go, we got a good price

Ashton - wanted to go, we got a good price

Edworthy - only now playing in a struggling Derby side

Where they bad decisions at the time? The players we bought in were on paper very good players, even Dickson. Its just not worked out, but i cannot belive we would be in a better position if we had kept all of these players.

[/quote]I wasn''t suggesting we should have kept them, or trying to look into why they left, just asking a hypothetical question - our present team versus a select 11 from players Worthy has let go - who would win?