On 28/04/2024 at 21:32, norfolkngood said:

Hog i agree with all what you have said my only gripe was Wagner never found a formation / way of playing / tactic switch to get best out of the players when Sarge was injured ,

i believe a better manager might have , changed something tried someone else to play there changed to suit the players who were fit until Sarge came back and found a solution , 

it was  Bad until Sarge came back and wonderful since could we have picked up some points in that period by doing something different 

That is my only gripe , he was sold down the river with Idah and getting SVH 

he has done very well since those days and like you said if he was a new Manager knapper picked he would be a magician i just wonder about those dark days before the turn around 

But this ignores that fact that he did change it to get results before Sargent came back.

This run started on Bonfire Night and Sarge didn't start a league game until 12th Jan. 

Credit where credit's due should probably be based on actual events instead of imaginations. This would be problematic on here because the people who earned that credit are disliked on what I assume are personal reasons rather than achievements.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

But this ignores that fact that he did change it to get results before Sargent came back.

This run started on Bonfire Night and Sarge didn't start a league game until 12th Jan. 

Credit where credit's due should probably be based on actual events instead of imaginations. This would be problematic on here because the people who earned that credit are disliked on what I assume are personal reasons rather than achievements.

Facts are Facts , Mr Guy Fawkes🎯

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

the run which started bonfire night ? Nov 5th ? we lost 3-1 to Blackburn

so between 5th nov and sarge return on 12th Jan

12 games so 36 points available 

we got 18 points so we dropped 18points in that run  of 12 games 

we were hanging on but not until Sarge came back did we kick on 

he has done well Nutty in second part of season i was just pointing my opinion on Wagner 

• Confused 1

Perhaps it is some kind of rehabilitation for Stu too but then his problem was what happened between bonfire night 2021 and the same in 2023 plus he must have been sizzling in Summer 2021 too.

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

he has done well Nutty in second part of season i was just pointing my opinion on Wagner 

"Since Bonfire Night" has been my favourite stat on here for months. Actually on Bonfiore Night I didn't see a future for Wagner but after that defeat they had a team meeting and found a way. The siege mentality was born and since Bonfire Night we've picked up 56 points from 30 games.

The point I am making is that Wagner found a way. People seem to think he should have found a way to win as many games without Sarge, Barnes, Sainz and Gunn as with them. Or that seems to be the point being made here.

Shouldn't there be an improvement when those players returned?

Edited by nutty nigel

20 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

18 points from 12 games is almost play off form (69 over a season) so that was clearly a turnaround from what had came before. 

On 28/04/2024 at 14:01, essex canary said:

Idah has 14 goals in 2,200 minutes for his 2 clubs this season, SVH 1 goal in 500 minutes.

Brad Hills record is quite good even though he’s a defender, but he does play in league 2 as well I suppose.

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

"Since Bonfire Night" has been my favourite stat on here for months. Actually on Bonfiore Night I didn't see a future for Wagner but after that defeat they had a team meeting and found a way. The siege mentality was born and since Bonfire Night we've picked up 56 points from 30 games.

The point I am making is that Wagner found a way. People seem to think he should have found a way to win as many games without Sarge, Barnes, Sainz and Gunn as with them. Or that seems to be the point being made here.

Shouldn't there be an improvement when those players returned?

i agree the upturn was amazing and of course the players returning helped no end ,

Wagner did find a way and we will never know if it was Him or some help from Knapper ? or a combination 

what ever happened it worked ,

of course we will never know if he could of tried something else or played someone else as that's history ,

i think Idah was played in a system set up for Sarge not set up for Idah ,

totally different players i know and goals per mins was good but not the same style as Sarge 

Edited by norfolkngood

Loads of credit due for Wagner, really. I was one of the last holdouts but even then I got to the point I just wanted him gone. I'd say, in particular, there were many knowledgeable folk who said he wouldn't survive 'attacking the fans' but I'd suggest he times his words perfectly.

For clarity, I don't think anyone is arguing that he hasn't had the deck stacked against him at times- injuries in particular. My issue was in continuing to play a system broken by those injuries rather than trying to find a MVP until reinforcements came back to fitness. I felt we took a lot of punches during that period that we didn't really need to.

All the same, well in David.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

i agree the upturn was amazing and of course the players returning helped no end ,

Wagner did find a way and we will never know if it was Him or some help from Knapper ? or a combination 

what ever happened it worked ,

of course we will never know if he could of tried something else or played someone else as that's history ,

i think Idah was played in a system set up for Sarge not set up for Idah ,

totally different players i know and goals per mins was good but not the same style as Sarge 

I think it's really convenient to somehow credit Knapper but if it helps go for it.

All I will say is what we saw on the pitch. That comeback at Cardiff and the late win at Bristol we could all see what it meant to the manager and players. 

Knappers time will come. I hope with Attanasio he can at least replicate what Webber achieved with D&M. However, for now they are Webbers signings, it's Webbers recovery hub and fitness team that got the players back so quickly. And Wagners management alongside the fitness team has kept the players fit enough to keep turning out week after week and get the results. Even the set piece coach should be recognised if credit really goes where it's due.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I think it's really convenient to somehow credit Knapper but if it helps go for it.

All I will say is what we saw on the pitch. That comeback at Cardiff and the late win at Bristol we could all see what it meant to the manager and players. 

Knappers time will come. I hope with Attanasio he can at least replicate what Webber achieved with D&M. However, for now they are Webbers signings, it's Webbers recovery hub and fitness team that got the players back so quickly. And Wagners management alongside the fitness team has kept the players fit enough to keep turning out week after week and get the results. Even the set piece coach should be recognised if credit really goes where it's due.

You forgot the kit man, clearly the players love him. I noticed on Saturday, as the players leave the pitch after the warm up most kiss him on the top of the head. I had never noticed this before, is this a recent thing ? Or some sort of superstition ritual by the players ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Well b back said:

You forgot the kit man, clearly the players love him. I noticed on Saturday, as the players leave the pitch after the warm up most kiss him on the top of the head. I had never noticed this before, is this a recent thing ? Or some sort of superstition ritual by the players ?

They love him. He's a legend.

He came to Duncan's club a few months ago. There's a Burnley fan goes so he went and found him a Burnely shirt. Top man!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

They love him. He's a legend.

He came to Duncan's club a few months ago. There's a Burnley fan goes so he went and found him a Burnely shirt. Top man!

Yeah, didn’t realise, just happened for the first time to notice it on Saturday

13 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Yeah, didn’t realise, just happened for the first time to notice it on Saturday

Did you ever see the BBC Film 'Marvellous' about Neil Baldwin who became Stokes Kitman. It's a brilliant watch.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Did you ever see the BBC Film 'Marvellous' about Neil Baldwin who became Stokes Kitman. It's a brilliant watch.

His brother Mike was a right sh1t and even tried to steal Deirdre from Ken. Years before Samir turned up or that Wendy Crozier. 

It is a good watch in fairness. 😉

• Haha 1