Sign in to follow this  
Peregrine Shorts

Blades to start on minus 2

Posted (edited)

Sheffield United to start their next EFL season with  2 point deduction

football leagues are becoming more about finances than performances on the pitch

Edited by Peregrine Shorts

Just now, Peregrine Shorts said:

Sheffield United to start there next EFL season with  2 point deduction

football leagues are becoming more about finances than performances on the pitch

Overspending unfairly on players directly influences performances on the pitch!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

I understand that and it is far better done a the beginning of a season that part way through

1 minute ago, Peregrine Shorts said:

I understand that and it is far better done a the beginning of a season that part way through

Agree about that.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Couldn't happen to a nicer club.. 

Oh well, carry on. 

Yes but only 2 points but they now have £200 million in the bank! So take away wages they’re still going to have a big advantage next season! There should be a transfer embargo too!

Edited by Indy
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

This isn't for overspending; it's for not paying transfer installments on time by the looks of things. 

Of course, that could've been related to cashflow problems caused by overspending, but Sheffield United claim it was because other clubs were late paying them.

19 minutes ago, Indy said:

Yes but only 2 points but they now have £200 million in the bank! So take away wages they’re still going to have a big advantage next season! There should be a transfer embargo too!

Yep. I agree. 

6 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

This isn't for overspending; it's for not paying transfer installments on time by the looks of things. 

Of course, that could've been related to cashflow problems caused by overspending, but Sheffield United claim it was because other clubs were late paying them.

Okay - but it's deeply unfair to whichever other club they're shafting by not paying agreed transfer installments on time. Lets hope Forest are paying up in a timely fashion for Omobamidele and Everton for Godfrey. 

7 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Okay - but it's deeply unfair to whichever other club they're shafting by not paying agreed transfer installments on time. Lets hope Forest are paying up in a timely fashion for Omobamidele and Everton for Godfrey. 

The EFL says it was related to a number of payments, totalling 550 days overdue.

8 minutes ago, Peregrine Shorts said:

late payments on transfer fees should automatically mean the player is ineligible to play

Send the bailiff in to take back our players, if Omobamdele & Godfrey payments aren’t up to scratch! Get them back for next season😂😂

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Indy said:

Send the bailiff in to take back our players, if Omobamdele & Godfrey payments aren’t up to scratch! Get them back for next season😂😂

Could we not do it before Saturday?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Could we not do it before Saturday?

If only! I think Hucks & Dublin could be signed in an emergency?

1 hour ago, Indy said:

eh ?

£200m ?

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, RobJames said:

eh ?

£200m ?

Oh look out there’s a troll about!

1 minute ago, Indy said:

Oh look out there’s a troll about!

Asking you to explain your claim makes me a troll ?

Now, why not explain that £200m figure instead ?

The one you claim they now have in the bank

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RobJames said:

Asking you to explain your claim makes me a troll ?

Now, why not explain that £200m figure instead ?

The one you claim they now have in the bank

No you didn’t ask you made your normal stupid high horse patronising post! And if you can’t work out tv money and parachute money they will bank then that’s your issue!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Nik Vawn said:

Fits the Bill

Indeed City 1st Troll! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Indy said:

If only! I think Hucks & Dublin could be signed in an emergency?

And Holt. Please.

19 minutes ago, Indy said:

No you didn’t ask you made your normal stupid high horse patronising post! And if you can’t work out tv money and parachute money they will bank then that’s your issue!

as in

"eh

£200m ?"

Never mind. Let's have a look at this supposed £200m in the bank.  Might I point out that contrary to your belief parachute payments are not paid in advance. They are paid over the course of the season they fall due - 2 years in this case.

The same as with TV money', this season which I would suggest Sheff Utd have already spent/committed. So again, not in the bank.

So there is no £200m in the bank as you claimed. And I doubt any club has that sort of money in the bank. I haven't been issued with anything either, though a hefty bank loan might help, if any of them are daft enough to oblige ☺️

56 minutes ago, RobJames said:

as in

"eh

£200m ?"

Never mind. Let's have a look at this supposed £200m in the bank.  Might I point out that contrary to your belief parachute payments are not paid in advance. They are paid over the course of the season they fall due - 2 years in this case.

The same as with TV money', this season which I would suggest Sheff Utd have already spent/committed. So again, not in the bank.

So there is no £200m in the bank as you claimed. And I doubt any club has that sort of money in the bank. I haven't been issued with anything either, though a hefty bank loan might help, if any of them are daft enough to oblige ☺️

You’re a total troll you know as well as everyone else even without future promotion Sheffield will bank 233 million from their visit to the premier.

So yes you’re being a pedantic troll as usual and that’s why not many engage with you. It’s far better when you’re not around, shame you’re back in a new guise! Still I’ll do what I did when you trolled under your other guises and block you.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Indy said:

Indeed City 1st Troll! 

The most obvious posting style on the forum

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nik Vawn said:

The most obvious posting style on the forum

Yeh I don’t understand his antagonistic posting style, why he feels the need to try and be clever rather than engage in a forum discussion! It’s tiresome.

3 hours ago, Indy said:

Yeh I don’t understand his antagonistic posting style, why he feels the need to try and be clever rather than engage in a forum discussion! It’s tiresome.

Probably a senior manager at Aviva. Fits the Bill

11 hours ago, Indy said:

It might not be so bad if all this antagonism was backed up by correct facts. In most cases it seems to be press keyboard first then engage brain. Who can forget that howler when he was adamant that a Norwich match being streamed wasn’t being shown by a particular provider when the company logo was visible in the corner of the screen. Hilarious.

He’s his own worst enemy is City 1st.