dylanisabaddog

Worried about the play offs?

Perhaps we shouldn't be. Our record with Josh starting is now 43 points from 21 games. 

Two of those games (Middlesbrough and Southampton) were affected by very strange refereeing decisions which probably robbed us of 5 points. 

Given a fully fit Josh Sargent throughout (and Barnes, Sainz and Rowe) we would probably be top of the league. 

We really shouldn't fear anyone. 

The away form suggests City would need some sort of lead going into the second leg.  

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Perhaps we shouldn't be. Our record with Josh starting is now 43 points from 21 games. 

Two of those games (Middlesbrough and Southampton) were affected by very strange refereeing decisions which probably robbed us of 5 points. 

Given a fully fit Josh Sargent throughout (and Barnes, Sainz and Rowe) we would probably be top of the league. 

We really shouldn't fear anyone. 

Fans of every team in the division gets to the end of the season believing that dodgy refereeing has cost them points. 

But in every instance there is also an opposing side that has benefitted, fans seem to have a selective memory and don't recall those times.

I don't think we can say "oh we should have 5 more points so should be above West Brom", as West Brom fans will just say "well we should have 6 more points because of X or Y"

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

Fans of every team in the division gets to the end of the season believing that dodgy refereeing has cost them points. 

But in every instance there is also an opposing side that has benefitted, fans seem to have a selective memory and don't recall those times.

I don't think we can say "oh we should have 5 more points so should be above West Brom", as West Brom fans will just say "well we should have 6 more points because of X or Y"

In general you're right.

If you take away Southampton and Middlesbrough it has been 50/50 for us with refs this season but the Southampton game in particular was crazy. I don't remember anything like it. 

But this isn't really a thread about poor refs. It's more about the serious effect that injuries have had on our season. We have been without between 2 and 4 of our main/only attacking players for up to half the season so far. If you extrapolate the points gained with them in the team we would be in the top two. 

@DraytonBoycorrectly says we're not as good away as at home but nevertheless we shouldn't fear anyone if we remain injury free.

I may be wrong but I'm not aware of any other club in the top half that has struggled to the same degree. 

Edited by dylanisabaddog

Posted (edited)

Just cant see us getting through 2 legs vs Leicester or Leeds ,with the 2nd leg being away, with or without Sargent.

Our best hope would be to play that ordinary side we saw on Saturday ...or engineer a 5th place finish and play Southampton

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

Nope. Will worry about them when (if) we get there. First things first. 

We'll know a lot more by Saturday. 4 pts or more and we'll be in a very strong position. 2 pts or less then it suddenly gets more tricky.

I can't see beyond an Ipswich semi final at the moment.