Anyone else got loads of season highlights videos gathering dust on the shelf ? … What to do with them ? Is it legal to get them copied on to dvd’s ? Does it cost the earth?

A few forgettable seasons there, but I’d sure like to watch Dean Ashton in action again - and the Centenary video was a smasher !

Best ask the binners, they're used to only being able to watch their good times on VHS 👍

• Haha 7

3 minutes ago, Deptford Yellow said:

Anyone else got loads of season highlights videos gathering dust on the shelf ? … What to do with them ? Is it legal to get them copied on to dvd’s ? Does it cost the earth?

A few forgettable seasons there, but I’d sure like to watch Dean Ashton in action again - and the Centenary video was a smasher !

Someone has uploaded loads of the annual season review videos onto Youtube.

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Best ask the binners, they're used to only being able to watch their good times on VHS 👍

I'm not sure if VHS was around then, not in public usage anyway

Much of their stuff is on cine film, accompanied by music such as this

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Deptford Yellow said:

Might be worth buying a VHS to DVD combo VCR if you can still find them working on the cheap. If. Otherwise you are looking at places that copy them for something like £8 a tape or £15 ph. So yeah the cost can be off putting plus some copy places won't copy commercial tapes.

• Thanks 1

89/90 was the first one I owned and then 92/93. 89/90 I was far too young to understand but remember Rosario scoring a corker against Saints... and 92/93 I loved but probably didn't understand the magnitude of what we were doing. Great days never to be seen again unfortunately... for us and 97% of teams out there. Football is dead.

I put a load of them onto DVD years ago. The quality obviously isn't great as it's a direct copy of VHS but you're certainly allowed to make copies onto DVD as long as you aren't selling the copies. You're always allowed to make "backups" of your media. 

6 hours ago, RobJames said:

I'm not sure if VHS was around then, not in public usage anyway

Much of their stuff is on cine film, accompanied by music such as this

Apparently you set the cine film rolling and then a bloke emerges out of your living room floor playing an old style cinema organ.

19 hours ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

89/90 was the first one I owned and then 92/93. 89/90 I was far too young to understand but remember Rosario scoring a corker against Saints... and 92/93 I loved but probably didn't understand the magnitude of what we were doing. Great days never to be seen again unfortunately... for us and 97% of teams out there. Football is dead.

I deduce from that Worthy that we are of a similar vintage!

Also, DVDs are well on their way to becoming obsolete now too. 50c each in Oxfam yesterday!

• Haha 1

On 08/04/2024 at 17:56, Ken Hairy said:

Really? I thought they had to use a Grammar phone and listen to old Timey broadcasts of their achievements. Hard to believe vhs is old enough to record any of it. 

• Haha 1