Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Pete the kitman

32 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

What’s his story ? Has he always worked for City, if not what did he do ?

Not sure how long he's done the job, but I've seen him described as the hardest working person at the club. I think he drives to away games ahead of the players in a white van. Must be long hours, he can't get the plane home like the players do!

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Satriales said:

Not sure how long he's done the job, but I've seen him described as the hardest working person at the club. I think he drives to away games ahead of the players in a white van. Must be long hours, he can't get the plane home like the players do!

They used to put it in the luggage space under the seats. That way the only time the kit would not get there was if the bus broke down

Edited by RobJames

Just now, RobJames said:

They used to put it in the luggage space under the seats. That way the only time the kit would not get there was if the bus broke down

That makes sense. Maybe he has to drive when they fly up north, can't see them loading the plane up with all their equipment.

I remember watching videos from a couple of years ago & I can remember there was Pete & another younger guy who looked after the kit, but I haven’t seen the younger guy in any recent club videos.

9 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Used to play in the same footy team as Pete many moons ago, really top bloke. From memory before working for NCFC he was a "fluffer"............

You’re sick…

Pete is a true Norwich fan. Met him after games a number of times in the past and he really cares and takes his job seriously. One of the unsung heroes of the back team and you could see that Saturday! 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I went to Hobart High School with Peter. He was in my brother's class, a couple of years above me and was well known for being the tuba player in our school brass band (under the tutelage of the great Ron 'Trom-bomb' Hinton).

AFAIK Peter joined the army (as a musician) and that was the last I saw of him until I spotted him at Carrow Road as the kitman during the pink dressing room era.

He lives just up the road from me and has done a lot of good work for the club in the local community.

He's an all-round good egg.

Edited by Andy Larkin
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

No I really did play footy with Pete and he really is a top bloke........

In view of the various definitions of a fluffer provided online, please tell us he cleaned the tracks on the London underground...!

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

There was a cracking bit of footage after we got promoted of Pete playing the tuba in the dressing room!

Edited by First Wazzock