57 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Ipswich fan on here laying out idle threats to norwich fans on a norwich forum...

Run along, it only goes one way from here

Idle threats? Where? 

37 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

To begin at the beginning, "matey,"  You don't get it, do you? You gyrate with some ease, though.

As for value? You clearly admire yourself and your postings.

Please do hold your breath. Ten minutes should be enough.

"Ta da." I hope that's a promise.

P.S. Do you really understand the role of a private equity firm has in football, though I know they can benefit some businesses, but cannot see it with football club: 

Quick Google:

"Private equity investments are traditionally short-term investments with typical holding periods ranging between three and five years. Within this defined time period, the fund manager focuses on increasing the value of the portfolio company in order to sell it at a profit and distribute the proceeds to investors.**** Furthermore, private equity firms have come under increased scrutiny in recent years, with many critics arguing that they are motivated primarily by short-term gain and have little regard for the long-term health of the companies they acquire."

None of us would be experts, of course, but this would alarm me if it happened to NCFC to the extent that I'd rather have old Delia for a few more years.. Less control, more fingers in the pie, short-term gain for ITFC, even more long-term uncertainty in a very precarious business environment.

**** See Thames Water.

i'll ignore the unpleasantness and resist the urge to threaten to 'report' you for it.

Three to five years you say, and they presumably then sell their holdings at a profit so I guess the target is to be an established PL club within three to five years. I think I can live with that. I genuinely don't see the downside as they only profit when the club is successful.  

Well you seem to have triggered a good old fashioned pile in on this one so i'll leave you to it. I tell you what I will return next weekend, win loose or draw and maybe we can discuss the game? Or maybe you could just ignore me and let others who do want a want sensible discussion have a go. 

3 minutes ago, BlueHope76 said:

i'll ignore the unpleasantness and resist the urge to threaten to 'report' you for it.

Three to five years you say, and they presumably then sell their holdings at a profit so I guess the target is to be an established PL club within three to five years. I think I can live with that. I genuinely don't see the downside as they only profit when the club is successful.  

Well you seem to have triggered a good old fashioned pile in on this one so i'll leave you to it. I tell you what I will return next weekend, win loose or draw and maybe we can discuss the game? Or maybe you could just ignore me and let others who do want a want sensible discussion have a go. 

...or maybe you could just take the hint and pi ss off?

• Like 2

A few years back a bet was made on here . Someone calling themselves Bluemike and our own @nutty nigel . I can’t recall the amount in question but Bluemike lost and was never seen again 

If any Binners want to genuinely make for “reasoned debate” why don’t you take this post back to TWTD and suggest to the fans that they honour the bet on behalf of their bigmouth representative  and send the money to the CSF . Look up the CSF to see what fantastic work they do. 

If it was me I’d stump up because I wouldn’t want the embarrassment by association. 

We might then take the Binners on here a bit more seriously 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

...or maybe you could just take the hint and pi ss off?

Nah...

Posted (edited)

Rum old thread this.

I guess if your position is that you think binners should be banned on principle from this forum, fair enough. I don't agree, but it's a consistent opinion.

But @BlueHope76 seems to me to have conducted him(?)self pretty reasonably on this forum. There was an exchange a few weeks back I vaguely recall where he might have got a bit riled up, but other than that I haven't seen anything untoward. Certainly no gloating (unless just posting here when the binners are having their first good season of the century is a form of gloating).

I guess discretion might be the better part of valour in the week leading up to the derby, but I've always felt that fans of other clubs are welcome here as long as they are good guests.

Anyway, that's enough of that. Hope we stuff 'em on Saturday and the long unbeaten run continues. Looking forward immensely to shattering their dreams in comic style in the play-offs. OTBC

Edited by Robert N. LiM
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

A few years back a bet was made on here . Someone calling themselves Bluemike and our own @nutty nigel . I can’t recall the amount in question but Bluemike lost and was never seen again 

If any Binners want to genuinely make for “reasoned debate” why don’t you take this post back to TWTD and suggest to the fans that they honour the bet on behalf of their bigmouth representative  and send the money to the CSF . Look up the CSF to see what fantastic work they do. 

If it was me I’d stump up because I wouldn’t want the embarrassment by association. 

This however I totally agree with. Come on here and make a bet, then you should pay up.

4 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

It was @King Keano and he made it back alongside the others back in December. Scuttled off again with no offer to pay up. And the others including Mr "aren't I reasonable" Bluenohope made no offer either. I know the good posters on this board put that right but that doesn't let these binners off the hook. In fact it should make them totally ashamed...

Just now, nutty nigel said:

It was @King Keano and he made it back alongside the others back in December. Scuttled off again with no offer to pay up. And the others including Mr "aren't I reasonable" Bluenohope made no offer either. I know the good posters on this board put that right but that doesn't let these binners off the hook. In fact it should make them totally ashamed...

Sorry @nutty nigel I stand corrected. None of them will do anything of course. They still owe St John’s ambulance and crow about having a larger stadium than us which they never paid for . 

That’s participation right there. Participating in ripping off charities. 

Stick that on TWTD if you like . 

• Like 2

On 30/03/2024 at 08:13, dylanisabaddog said:

Rather them than us

Screenshot_20240330_081128_Flashscore.thumb.jpg.83a724333b790ecdec6e8b2123ae98b1.jpg

Tough on paper. But in reality, Watford and Boro will be on the beach. They’ll beat Huddersfield, and with the fixtures coming up, not beyond the realms of possibility that Hull and Cov are out of the playoff hunt by the time they play each of them. Which again, would make those games significantly easier. Especially with a potential cup final for Cov.

Next two are huge for them. And us!

5 minutes ago, BlueHope76 said:

(2) Well you seem to have triggered a good old fashioned pile in on this one so i'll leave you to it. I tell you what I will return next weekend, win loose or draw and maybe we can discuss the game? Or maybe you could just ignore me and let others who do want a want sensible discussion have a go. 

(1) "Unpleasantness?" My a-rse. "Threat?" My ar-se.  Report me?! What for, sticking up for my own forum and fans in the face of your constant unwelcome intrusions.

(2) Established PL club? Ipswich? Do you grasp how difficult that is? Then again, why should any binner as it's been so long since  their club has been there.

(3) I seem to have "triggered a good old-fashioned pile in?"  Eh?  That surely takes the biscuit when you triggered that by your very  appearance on this forum.

Here's some real unpleasantness for you. I consider you a wind-up without the brains to realise it. I consider you are incapable of reasoned debate, as you seem to be yet another clueless binner.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I'm not sure why you should expect me to pay up for a bet I didn't make. I agree that its a poor show from whoever King Keano is but not really my responsibility just because I happen to support the same football team. 

Out of interest, what was the bet and how much was it for?

31 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Rum old thread this.

I guess if your position is that you think binners should be banned on principle from this forum, fair enough. I don't agree, but it's a consistent opinion.

But @BlueHope76 seems to me to have conducted him(?)self pretty reasonably on this forum. There was an exchange a few weeks back I vaguely recall where he might have got a bit riled up, but other than that I haven't seen anything untoward. Certainly no gloating (unless just posting here when the binners are having their first good season of the century is a form of gloating).

I guess discretion might be the better part of valour in the week leading up to the derby, but I've always felt that fans of other clubs are welcome here as long as they are good guests.

Anyway, that's enough of that. Hope we stuff 'em on Saturday and the long unbeaten run continues. Looking forward immensely to shattering their dreams in comic style in the play-offs. OTBC

Thanks, but why did you have to go and spoil it right at the end there 🙂

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Rum old thread this.

It's nothing anywhere near your esteemed appraisal of his contributions, imo, and unlike you to fail to read between the lines.

He's an annoyance by his very presence, no matter how he conducts himself.

As I said, he's a wind up on this forum whilst being clueless of that fact.

His debate is more or less confined to discussing the fortunes of his own club with little of any substance devoted to NCFC, the perils of PL existence or of even of their recent investment. This is a City forum, not an ITFC love-in.

Few want him banned. Many wish he would take the hint and that he should either disappear or widen the scope of his contributions.

Edited by BroadstairsR

11 minutes ago, BlueHope76 said:

I'm not sure why you should expect me to pay up for a bet I didn't make. I agree that its a poor show from whoever King Keano is but not really my responsibility just because I happen to support the same football team. 

Out of interest, what was the bet and how much was it for?

Tagged you in the post. The difference ended up 63 points. So the debt was £63. Of course when it became obvious there was no payment coming the good people of this messageboard made it up so that our charity didn't miss out. However that doesn't make it right. Does it?

5 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Nobody wants him banned.

I do. I've been reading through some of his posts you'll get better football conversation from the scum on a garden pond.

Come on Connor, I've seen you banning people for less.

4 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Tagged you in the post. The difference ended up 63 points. So the debt was £63. Of course when it became obvious there was no payment coming the good people of this messageboard made it up so that our charity didn't miss out. However that doesn't make it right. Does it?

No it doesn't, and I agree its a very poor show. Send me a link to the charity and as a gesture of goodwill I will make a donation. 

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

I do. I've been reading through some of his posts you'll get better football conversation from the scum on a garden pond.

Come on Connor, I've seen you banning people for less.

I've changed it to 'few.'

Let's not sink to Ham's level, even though his so-called debate is more or less limited to talking about his own club..

Edited by BroadstairsR

Just now, BlueHope76 said:

No it doesn't, and I agree its a very poor show. Send me a link to the charity and as a gesture of goodwill I will make a donation. 

Thanks

https://www.communitysportsfoundation.org.uk/

Please reference PUPs so that I get notification and the donation gets to where the pledge was made.

2 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

For the first time ever on this forum after many, many years and even after receiving some abuse during those years, I have considered reporting a post. You have become a pest who never gets the message. You persist and persist and persist whilst seemingly incapable of working out that you are unwelcome here, have taken up too many column inches and are, indeed, gloating despite the fact that you kid yourself you desire reasonable debate and talk ****e.

Blimey. How have you missed Essex canary’s “contributions”? He’s far more guilty of your list of offences than this binner.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, BlueHope76 said:

Done. Quoted PUPs in the message section, was that the right bit?

Thanks 🙏👍

I'll check with Emma after Easter so that we add it to the total.

21 hours ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Tough on paper. But in reality, Watford and Boro will be on the beach. They’ll beat Huddersfield, and with the fixtures coming up, not beyond the realms of possibility that Hull and Cov are out of the playoff hunt by the time they play each of them. Which again, would make those games significantly easier. Especially with a potential cup final for Cov.

Next two are huge for them. And us!

This is why a City defeat today is far from a bad result. Puts Leicester back above the binners and keeps Hull and Cov interested in the top six so they have a better chance of breaking suffolk hearts. 

Wagner's basically playing 4D chess here and I for one am all for it.