16 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

I stopped thinking this yesterday. Then I saw your run-in... 

It's an intriguing aspect of the end of the season that with us playing you and Leicester next two games, we're going to have a bit of a say in the automatic promotion race. Equally, with your remaining fixtures,  you're going to have a big say in the play-off race. There could be the very weird spectacle of the two East Anglian rivals helping each other out. Except next weekend, when we are going to f***ing end you. 

We will see, its certainly going to be interesting to say the least. I am just genuinely happy to part of the conversation again near the top of this division, until Mckenna came in that seemed like a very long way off indeed. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

Because everyone expected you to bottle it by now or have an injury crisis and neither has happened. I don’t think your run in is that hard given how much you’ve walked it so far. What makes you think anything will change now?! As much as it pains me to say it, unless you implode out of thin air I think you’ll get autos. Ffs. 

Because its as tight as a gnat's chuff at the top and it would only take a small drop off in form to let the others back in. If we have another repeat of our December form  ( ie. lots of draws ) then we will probably be consigned to the play-offs. The narrative from some on here will then be that we've bottled it, but I will never accept that as whatever happens now our team has had an extraordinary season and for me we are still punching well above our weight. 

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

GJ7QtJhXIAAN7hR?format=jpg&name=large

Lol 🙂 

they clearly didn't watch our second half yesterday, must have forgotten to administer the drugs at half time!

4/1 to win the league, Leicester still favourites @ 11/10 and Leeds 6/4. Norwich odds on @ 4/6 to finish top 6, 10/1 back in January. 

22 minutes ago, BlueHope76 said:

Lol 🙂 

they clearly didn't watch our second half yesterday, must have forgotten to administer the drugs at half time!

Leeds fan are a bit weird, least we can agree on that one!

• Like 1

It seemed for years that the prospect of a PL East Anglian derby was an impossibility. At this moment in time it’s looking like a serious possibility. I don’t believe we should fear anyone in the playoffs if we make it, But it may well be in our best interests to avoid Leeds and Ipswich for the obvious connections there 

The presence of Binner fans on this forum tells you all you need to know. 

No word from anyone for 10 years. Then back they come in the pretence that they want reasoned debate. 5 mins in and they can’t control themselves exhibiting  a generation of football where their only success was hoping Norwich lose. Whilst we have won leagues , playoff finals and had some years in amongst the cream of English football , Ipswich still teach their kids that they once won something . 
They are back again. 
Tell them all to fück off. 

I

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

No word from anyone for 10 years. Then back they come in the pretence that they want reasoned debate. 5 mins in and they can’t control themselves exhibiting  a generation of football where their only success was hoping Norwich lose. Whilst we have won leagues , playoff finals and had some years in amongst the cream of English football , Ipswich still teach their kids that they once won something . 
They are back again. 

I

Ignoring the covid seasons their average attedences the last five or so years has been around 15.000 to 17,000. Now all of a sudden they are playing some ok football they are selling out. Their fanbase is a joke.

Posted (edited)

The Binners can’t cope with this success. The cup final approach to a simple league game in December showed that. Their CEO marching around laying hands on the infirm, the “Ultras” and the ceremonial throwing of the beer cans were pathetic in every sense of the word 

My kids are 30 and 28. In their football supporting time they have seen us win leagues , been to Anfield , Old Trafford , the Emirates in the league and seen us win at The Etihad. Seen us win at Wembley (that’s the new one by the way)

Every time we play the Binners in anything meaningful , we win. 

My kids have an interest in the World Cup and European championship because norwich players are in it playing for international teams 

They know success and think nothing of Ipswich because they have been nothing but cannon fodder in the few times our paths have meaningfully crossed 

Imagine a 30 year old Binner . All they will be taught is about black and white success and how Norwich “hent never won nothin” 

My kids got bored going to civic receptions . 

No wonder the Scum can’t cope . Most of them have never seen anything like this since their brief sortie in the prem - which ended in Relegation and Administration. 

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard
  • Like 6

12 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Ignoring the covid seasons their average attedences the last five or so years has been around 15.000 to 17,000. Now all of a sudden they are playing some ok football they are selling out. Their fanbase is a joke.

Wrong, our average attendance for the 5 years prior to this season ( excluding covid ) is just over 20'000. It has obviously gone up this season and last due to winning lots of matches, hardly a great surprise or a 'joke'. What do you think your attendances would be if you suffered a period similar to the 15 years of dross we had under Evans? Do you think they would drop off quite considerably and then shoot back up if you became successful again? I think we both know the answer to that one.    

13 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

They are back again. 

I

What a charmer you are. I'm here for reasoned debate because we are now in the same division, we are playing each other and there is an interest. When we were in league one and you the prem, there didn't seem much to talk about really other than you mocking us for being in division 3 ( understandably ) and us mocking you for getting hammered in the prem. It was all a bit boring frankly.

12 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

The Binners can’t cope with this success. The cup final approach to a simple league game in December showed that. Their CEO marching around laying hands on the infirm, the “Ultras” and the ceremonial throwing of the beer cans were pathetic in every sense of the word 

My kids are 30 and 28. In their football supporting time they have seen us win leagues , been to Anfield , Old Trafford , the Emirates in the league and seen us win at The Etihad. Seen us win at Wembley (that’s the new one by the way)

My kids have an interest in the World Cup and European championship because norwich players are in it playing for international teams 

They know success and think nothing of Ipswich because they have been nothing but cannon fodder in the few times our paths have meaningfully crossed 

Imagine a 30 year old Binner . All they will be taught is about black and white success and how Norwich “hent never won nothin” 

No wonder the Scum can’t cope . Most of them have never seen anything like this since their brief sortie in the prem - which ended in Relegation and Administration. 

All largely true and I didn't like our approach to the home Derby myself but there you go. The tables are turning though and regardless of what happens this season we are now on the up and far more competitive with yourselves again As for coping with success, I'll let you know if/when we actually have any.

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, BlueHope76 said:

What a charmer you are. I'm here for reasoned debate because we are now in the same division, we are playing each other and there is an interest. When we were in league one and you the prem, there didn't seem much to talk about really other than you mocking us for being in division 3 ( understandably ) and us mocking you for getting hammered in the prem. It was all a bit boring frankly.

You don't get it, do you?

This is an NCFC message board and, as such, "reasoned debate" about the fortunes of ITFC is not particularly high on the list of priorities, especially as this debate is centred around that club, no matter how well you are currently doing or how much you attempt to justify your intrusions. Quite frankly, you want that debate on this rival forum because you are doing better than us for a change, which, in itself, is a bit desperate.

Most of us, to a greater or lesser extent, are well into the rivalry and as such enjoyed your years of dross and wish you the worst during this current upsurge. That's the nature of rivalry, but even so nothing ever posted on this forum sinks to the schoolboy level of crass abuse and repetitive and hackneyed "rib ticklers" about fingers or empty trophy cabinets, (yours isn't exactly brimming whilst also being metaphorically infested with woodworm) or some weak nonsense about participants which, in particular, is brought up time and time and time again as if each time the poster thinks he is being original and funny. 

If you do go up, and we fail to, which is entirely possible, then there is no chance that the PinkUn will become the "Daily Ipswich" the way TWTD used to become the "Daily Norwich," or if you bottle it there is little chance of your forum being infested with gloating canaries. We'ii leave that to our own forum.

If you want reasoned debate then I, for one, am quite prepared to have a decent discussion about the house of cards that makes up the current owners of your club, the recent development involving the surprising and somewhat alarming purchase of 40% of the club by a private equity firm no less which puts even more fingers into that very small and vulnerable pie. Not that that would be possible, as all you Binners ever see is banknotes being hurled in your direction with little regard for the long-term consequences.

Finally, you do seem rather lucky to have hit upon Keiran McKenna after god knows how many spins of the dice, so concern yourself more with losing your excellent young manager, sooner rather than later, as well. I'll debate the possibility of that.

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

This post has just got a complete airing on TWTD. Well done sir! It's not often we get a look in on that closed shop. I'm betting it'll get 100 down votes by the day's end, they don't like a few home truths.

Also, re: my mention of the 'participants' jibe. Sure enough, one response is:

"The last line is a classic
"My kids got bored going to civic receptions.

I know they had open top (sic) bus parades just for participating in competitions, but bloody hell that's a statement and a half."

Surely the head boy of the school, Phil Ham, is already preparing some sort of prize (a few free tins of Brasso to polish all those statues perhaps?) for the millionth mention of the word.

Looking at their run-in if they can pull it off they will of deserved it.

I'm rather hopeful we'll help them out a little tomorrow (Southampton probably won't) and put a real spanner in the works next Saturday.

Well to be fair we were participants in the Championship the three times we won it , and the time we finished second under Lambert . 
We were also participants when we WON Div 3 , and when we participated in the playoffs . 

And we would have participated 3 more times in Europe if it wasn’t for the Heysel ban. 

I don’t go on TWTD’s but it sounds like they are proving my point nicely. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

You don't get it, do you?

This is an NCFC message board and, as such, "reasoned debate" about the fortunes of your club is not particularly high on the list of priorities, especially as this debate is centred around that club, no matter how well you are currently doing or how much you attempt to justify your intrusions. Quite frankly, you want that debate on this rival's forum because you are doing better than us for a change, which, in itself, is a bit desperate.

Most of us, to a greater or lesser extent, are well into the rivalry and as such enjoyed your years of dross and wish you the worst during this current upsurge. That's the nature of rivalry, but even so nothing ever posted on this forum sinks to the schoolboy level of crass abuse and repetitive and hackneyed "rib ticklers" about fingers or empty trophy cabinets, (yours isn't exactly brimming whilst also being metaphorically infested with woodworm) or some weak nonsense about participants which, in particular, is brought up time and time and time again as if each time the originator thinks he is being original and funny. 

If you do go up, and we fail to, which is entirely possible, then there is no chance that the PinkUn will become the "Daily Ipswich" the way TWTD used to become the "Daily Norwich," or if you bottle it there is little chance of your forum being infested with gloating canaries. We'ii leave that to our own forum.

If you want reasoned debate then I, for one, am quite prepared to have a decent discussion about the house of cards that makes up the current owners of your club, the recent development involving the surprising and somewhat alarming purchase of 40% of the club by a private equity firm no less which puts even more fingers into that very small and vulnerable pie. Not that that would be possible, as all you Binners ever see is banknotes being hurled in your direction with little regard for the long-term consequences.

Finally, you do seem rather lucky to have hit upon Keiran McKenna after god knows how many spins of the dice, so concern yourself more with losing your excellent young manager, sooner rather than later, as well. I'll debate the possibility of that.

Oh I get it, this is a football forum and like all others there are reasonable people, idiots and everything inbetween. 

I fully appreciate that many on here don't want to discuss the fortunes of ITFC, however judging by the number of threads started on the subject, I would suggest there are a fair few who do. I am also more than happy to discuss the fortunes of NCFC, not just ITFC,  and have done previously. 

Regarding the 'schoolboy' jibes, its frankly absurd to describe what you may see on TWTD as "crass abuse" while trying to paint this forum as all love and light where ITFC are concerned. As you point out yourself its a strong rivalry, there is no overall moral high ground, it's six of one, half a dozen of the other, surely. There are also at least two NCFC fans that are long term accepted residents on the TWTD board and several others who pop up from time to time, one or two of whom invest quite a lot of time pretending to be Ipswich fans, which is particularly sad, and rather pointless. 

There were two recent threads on here regarding the new ITFC investment and I gave my views on that. I'm not sure what more I can add to that debate really as I am no financial expert. Time will tell if it is a good or bad thing, you seem to be leaning towards the latter but there is little evidence to support that. All I can say is the ownership group have so far delivered on all of their promises and they seem to be invested in the football club itself, not just purely as a vehicle to make money. I'm not sure there are any ownership models that are massively appealing in the modern game but I certainly don't see any signs currently that we are about to turn into the next basket case ie. Reading, Sheffield Wednesday, or Blackpool. I have no doubt that at some point they will look to sell and cash in on their 'investment' but if we are in the Premier league at that point then it will be fine by me.

Regarding Mckenna, there is that work again, 'lucky'. Is it lucky if you do your research and pick a talented young coach that aligns with your vision of the clubs future who then goes on to start delivering it? I'd say we have to give Mark Ashton a bit of credit there, of course there is always an element of luck with any appointment and no guarantees it will work out but this is not some lucky punt. When Mckenna leaves it will be a sad day but I also know we will be in one hell of better place than we were when he arrived and thats' all you can ask for from any manager really.   

Edited by BlueHope76

6 minutes ago, BlueHope76 said:

(1) I fully appreciate that many on here don't want to discuss the fortunes of ITFC, however judging by the number of threads started on the subject, I would suggest there are a fair few who do. I am also more than happy to discuss the fortunes of NCFC, not just ITFC,  and have done previously. 

(2) Regarding Mckenna, there is that work again, 'lucky'. Is it lucky if you do your research and pick a talented young coach that aligns with your vision of the clubs future who then goes on to deliver it? I'd say we have to give Mark Ashton a bit of credit there, of course there is always an element of luck with any appointment and no guarantees it will work out but this is not some lucky punt. When Mckenna leaves it will be a sad day but I also know we will be in one hell of better place than we were when he arrived and thats all you can ask from any manager really. 

It's like peeing into the wind with you.

(1) Of course, many of us on here enjoy discussing the fortunes of your club on our forum, but not with a gloating ITFC fan who has only appeared on here now that the fortunes of your club are on the up.

(2) Of course all due research was involved with the selection of McKenna, but no more so than carried out by us when selecting Daniel Farke or even Alex Neil. That doesn't guarantee a good fit or that it will work out though, so a certain amount of good fortune needs to be involved. It's friggin' obvious, it's football, it's a gamble, and we were surely lucky that Farke turned out to be the manager he was, or that Wee Alex turned our fortunes around the way he did. 

Finally, you don't need to be a financial expert to be concerned by the involvement of a private equity firm in your club. That's "Big Business for Dummies" level. What next? 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

It's like peeing into the wind with you.

(1) Of course, many of us on here enjoy discussing the fortunes of your club on our forum, but not with a gloating ITFC fan who has only appeared on here now that the fortunes of your club are on the up.

(2) Of course all due research was involved with the selection of McKenna, but no more so than carried out by us when selecting Daniel Farke or even Alex Neil. That doesn't guarantee a good fit or that it will work out though, so a certain amount of good fortune needs to be involved. It's friggin' obvious, it's football, it's a gamble, and we were surely lucky that Farke turned out to be the manager he was, or that Wee Alex turned our fortunes around the way he did. 

Finally, you don't need to be a financial expert to be concerned by the involvement of a private equity firm in your club. That's "Big Business for Dummies" level. What next? 

"It's like peeing into the wind with you" More than a touch of irony here...

1- Please provide some examples of me gloating. I have said repeatedly on here that we are punching above,  that play-offs would be exceeding expectations, and that autos would be dreamland. Why would I come on there to gloat when we have not yet achieved anything, still haven't beaten you, and when there is still the potential for you to wreck our season? I have also been on here since 2021 ( pre Mckenna ) so have hardly just appeared now that we are doing well.  This is just a lazy swipe on your behalf without any basis. 

2- You claimed it was 'lucky' that we 'hit upon' Mckenna. It wasn't,  it was mainly down to good research and planning on behalf of the CEO, the same as it was with you for Farke. You need a bit of luck along the way but I always believe you make your own luck. 

3- I am not really in the habit of concerning myself too much with things outside of my control, but seeing as you clearly know far more than I do, perhaps you could educate me on what I need to be so concerned about and why your recent investment and ownership structure is so much better ( If that is indeed what you believe ). 

Edited by BlueHope76
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, BlueHope76 said:

What a charmer you are. I'm here for reasoned debate because we are now in the same division, we are playing each other and there is an interest. When we were in league one and you the prem, there didn't seem much to talk about really other than you mocking us for being in division 3 ( understandably ) and us mocking you for getting hammered in the prem. It was all a bit boring frankly.

So what made you join this forum in April 2021 ?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Maybe I saw the future and what lie ahead........ 🙂

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, BlueHope76 said:

"It's like peeing into the wind with you" More than a touch of irony here...

1- Please provide some examples of me gloating. I have said repeatedly on here that we are punching above,  that play-offs would be exceeding expectations, and that autos would be dreamland. Why would I come on there to gloat when we have not yet achieved anything, still haven't beaten you, and when there is still the potential for you to wreck our season? I have also been on here since 2021 ( pre Mckenna ) so have hardly just appeared now that we are doing well.  This is just a lazy swipe on your behalf without any basis. 

2- You claimed it was 'lucky' that we 'hit upon' Mckenna. It wasn't,  it was mainly down to good research and planning on behalf of the CEO, the same as it was with you for Farke. You need a bit of luck along the way but I always believe you make your own luck. 

3- I am not really in the habit of concerning myself too much with things outside of my control, but seeing as you clearly know far more than I do, perhaps you could educate me on what I need to be so concerned about and why your recent investment and ownership structure is so much better ( If that is indeed what you believe ). 

1. Damn cheek. I don't have to provide you with examples of anything. You are an intruder on this forum, not particularly welcome and, besides, your whole contribution thus far has been one big gloat, no matter how you dress it up.

2. I explained the "lucky" bit. It was clearly above your head. We were lucky the way Daniel Farke turned out, even though it was the result of careful planning and research. All managerial appointments are a gamble. All gambles require some luck in order to come off, but particularly when it comes to choosing the right football manager. You should know.

3. Concern yourself then. It's your club that's involved in Pension Funds and big business, the same way Annatasio's takeover of our club causes us some concern even though he is not a faceless pension fund and an unknown private equity firm and even though our "business" takeover is not tangled up in as many layers and individuals as yours seems to be. If you don't know what a private equity firm is, then perhaps you should read "Big business for Dummies" after all.

For the first time ever on this forum after many, many years and even after receiving some abuse during those years, I have considered reporting a post. You have become a pest who never gets the message. You persist and persist and persist whilst seemingly incapable of working out that you are unwelcome here, have taken up too many column inches and are, indeed, gloating despite the fact that you kid yourself you desire reasonable debate and talk ****e.

Edited by BroadstairsR

51 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Envy?

2 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

1. Damn cheek. I don't have to provide you with evidence of anything. You are an intruder on this forum, not particularly welcome and, besides, your whole contribution thus far has been one big gloat, no matter how you dress it up.

2. I explained the "lucky" bit. It was clearly above your head. We were lucky the way Daniel Farke turned out, even though it was the result of careful planning and research. All managerial appointments are a gamble. All gambles require some luck to come off.

3. Concern yourself then. It's your club that's involved in Pension Funds and big business, the same way Annatasio's takeover of our club causes us some concern even though he is not a faceless pension fund and an unknown private equity firm and even though our "business" takeover is not tangled up in as many layers and individuals as yours seems to be. If you don't know what a private equity firm is, then perhaps you should read "Big business for Dummies" after all.

For the first time ever on this forum after many, many years and even after receiving some abuse during those years, I have considered reporting a post. You have become a pest who never gets the message. You persist and persist and persist without seemingly incapable of working out that you are unwelcome here, have taken up too many column inches are, indeed gloating despite the fact that you kid yourself you desire reasonable debate.

Whatever you say matey, report away if it makes you happy. The bottom line is you have not one example of me gloating on here despite your claims and i'm pretty sure whoever you report me to will be able to look through my posts and see nothing that even comes close to violating the site standards.  

Other posters have said that they value some of my posts and the interaction so the fact that you have deemed me unwelcome says more about you than anything else. Perhaps you could just use the ignore function rather that jumping on all of my posts which are pretty infrequent anyway. 

PS. I know what a private equity firm is but i'm still waiting for you to explain exactly what it is that you think they are going to do to ruin my football club. I won't hold my breath.

Ta da.

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, BlueHope76 said:

Whatever you say matey, report away if it makes you happy. The bottom line is you have not one example of me gloating on here despite your claims and i'm pretty sure whoever you report me to will be able to look through my posts and see nothing that even comes close to violating the site standards.  

Other posters have said that they value some of my posts and the interaction so the fact that you have deemed me unwelcome says more about you than anything else. Perhaps you could just use the ignore function rather that jumping on all of my posts which are pretty infrequent anyway. 

PS. I know what a private equity firm is but i'm still waiting for you to explain exactly what it is that you think they are going to do to ruin my football club. I won't hold my breath.

Ta da.

To begin at the beginning, "matey,"  You don't get it, do you? You gyrate with some ease, though.

As for value? You clearly admire yourself and your postings.

Please do hold your breath. Ten minutes should be enough.

"Ta da." I hope that's a promise.

P.S. Do you really understand the role of a private equity firm has in football, though I know they can benefit some businesses, but cannot see it with football club: 

Quick Google:

"Private equity investments are traditionally short-term investments with typical holding periods ranging between three and five years. Within this defined time period, the fund manager focuses on increasing the value of the portfolio company in order to sell it at a profit and distribute the proceeds to investors.**** Furthermore, private equity firms have come under increased scrutiny in recent years, with many critics arguing that they are motivated primarily by short-term gain and have little regard for the long-term health of the companies they acquire."

None of us would be experts, of course, but this would alarm me if it happened to NCFC to the extent that I'd rather have old Delia for a few more years.. Less control, more fingers in the pie, short-term gain for ITFC, even more long-term uncertainty in a very precarious business environment.

**** See Thames Water.

Edited by BroadstairsR

Posted (edited)

What happens to City fans when they are outed on TWTD, they get dogs abuse before being banned so the same should happen here.

Edited by TIL 1010
  • Like 4

Let’s face it, Ipswich fans should all be put on a register and you should get a text alert when ones nearby.