Jim Smith

The elephant in the room remains how bad our defence looks

7 minutes ago, rock bus said:

You wouldn’t keep Stacey? Thats ridiculous, he’s excellent 

Yeah my bad, all bar Stacey 

It was a big test of the elephant in the room with us coming up against one of the league’s best teams.

I didn’t get to see the game, so I’d like to know what we were like defensively?

2 minutes ago, Canary Jedi said:

It was a big test of the elephant in the room with us coming up against one of the league’s best teams.

I didn’t get to see the game, so I’d like to know what we were like defensively?

Pretty awful and Duffy would struggle to pass covid around successfully 

15 minutes ago, Canary Jedi said:

Pretty terrible. 

To be fair nobody played well, especially midfield who were non existent and gave no protection to the back 4 at all.

It was good to get that stinker out of the system.

Our defence today was shockingly bad. Duffy and McCallum especially. Not looking forward to Saturday

1 minute ago, Canary Jedi said:

Is it our defenders (back 4) or defensive tactical system (whole team)?

Both

Wouldn't particularly be blaming the defenders today. Whenever we drop into that 4-4-2 low block and try to hold, we end up defending constantly and there will always be gaps. It's one of the great mysteries of the Wagner era that it has almost always resulted in points lost but we will persist with it.

The real problem is a lack of adaptability, be it in the players or the coaching. Leicester had such a clear plan to isolate & target McCallum, for example, but we didn't seem overly concerned with doing anything about it. The best defenders in the world would concede goals if constantly faced with overloads for an hour.

• Like 1

On 31/03/2024 at 08:50, hogesar said:

No, he's not.

hogesar, if thousands upon thousands of Norwich fans & supporters complain about his (Gibson's) performances & some even boo him; if he makes hideous errors in front of our eyes; if he replicates a rabbit in headlights in most games - he's definitely useless !

Nothing to do if he's a nice person or not. We need better CBs