Sign in to follow this  

I vividly remember the 7-1 defeat to Colchester but also the revenge a few months later. I suspect and hope the players will be fired up for the game on Friday. We really need something to take minds off the nonsense of the last couple of days so fingers crossed. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I'm not arsed how we win, provided we do. At this stage of the season considering what is potentially up for grabs I'd rather get points in an ugly manner than lose playing beautiful football.

Edited by TheGunnShow

I'd hope people are more interested in the actual football anyway, as opposed to some clumsy quote from an ex-employee. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I'd hope people are more interested in the actual football anyway, as opposed to some clumsy quote from an ex-employee. 

Racist quote. But it’s good to be looking forward to lots of football this Easter Weekend. 

• Like 1

Will we get a 3rd game in a row where the opposition just rolls over? You'd expect Plymouth to have a bit more fight but this really should be a comfortable victory even if it isn't a goal fest.

The off field distraction shouldn't really be affecting the players given only Rowe is in the building and won't be involved anyway.

Looking forward to it but it's a must win and hopefully a bit of confidence to take to Leicester.

Posted (edited)

Norwich 6 -  Plymouth (h)0

The battle of the seafaring folk  - Nelson v Drake. Norfolk v Devon

Another seafaring chap from Devon was old Wally Rayleigh. The man credited with inventing the potato, and the cigarette.  Sadly he had his head chopped off. The very axe is still in the Tower of London, and is known as the Raleigh Chopper.

Their shirts were originally a harlequin pattern, giving rise to the name Argyle.

It should be noted that the distance from Plymouth to Carrow Road is around 340 miles and a straight 6 hour journey - (they'll be lucky it being good Friday) so every respect to those who make it up to our fine city. Great supporters, the backbone of any club.

Maybe some might be staying for a few days  "here's three nails, can you put me up for the weekend"

Edited by RobJames
  • Haha 1

Wouldn’t advise any to walk up our fine city via Prince of Wales Road on a Friday night

The street is a disgrace

14 hours ago, RobJames said:

Another seafaring chap from Devon was old Wally Rayleigh. The man credited with inventing the potato, and the cigarette.  Sadly he had his head chopped off. The very axe is still in the Tower of London, and is known as the Raleigh Chopper.

Their shirts were originally a harlequin pattern, giving rise to the name Argyle.

It should be noted that the distance from Plymouth to Carrow Road is around 340 miles and a straight 6 hour journey - (they'll be lucky it being good Friday) so every respect to those who make it up to our fine city. Great supporters, the backbone of any club.

Maybe some might be staying for a few days  "here's three nails, can you put me up for the weekend"

Would you mind awfully putting your feet together? I've only got one good nail left.... 

16 hours ago, RobJames said:

I thought  Raleigh Chopper was a bike that kids rode in the 70's 😆 

17 hours ago, RobJames said:

It amuses me how we have at least one statue, for Drake on Plymouth Hoe, when in reality Drake, Rayleigh and Hawkins were basically state sponsored terrorists sent out by Liz I to raid the Spanish ships. She took her share of the loot. True heroes one and all! 

23 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I vividly remember the 7-1 defeat to Colchester but also the revenge a few months later. I suspect and hope the players will be fired up for the game on Friday. We really need something to take minds off the nonsense of the last couple of days so fingers crossed. 

If Wes hadn’t missed that pesky penalty it would have ended 7-7 over the two games.

I’d settle for a 5-1 home win on Friday 😉

• Like 1