dylanisabaddog

Kate Middleton - Front page of The Sun

I couldn't generally care less about the Royal Family but it's all got a bit odd now. The Sun has a picture on its front page this morning pupporting to be Kate Middleton. Have to say it doesn't look remotely like her to me

Screenshot_20240319_074315_X.thumb.jpg.d013578a8704d971f89330d3581f7aad.jpg

So you believe that after getting picked apart for a bit of lazy photoshopping, the Royal Family would try and shut down any weird rumours by using an unconvincing lookalike? If the papers can spot a slight distortion on an innocuous photograph, don’t you think they’d be able to spot a rather rubbish body double? It’s probably best not to use Twitter as a news source 

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Fen Canary said:

So you believe that after getting picked apart for a bit of lazy photoshopping, the Royal Family would try and shut down any weird rumours by using an unconvincing lookalike? If the papers can spot a slight distortion on an innocuous photograph, don’t you think they’d be able to spot a rather rubbish body double? It’s probably best not to use Twitter as a news source 

It's not a film or photo that was released by the Royal Family. It was taken by an onlooker at a garden centre who sold it to the Sun. The Twitter post merely links to their article. So perhaps the moral of the story is don't glance at the front page of The Sun when you're buying a proper newspaper. 

I may be wrong but I don't think it looks remotely like her. 

Screenshot_20240319_081748_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240319_074315_X.jpg

Edited by dylanisabaddog
  • Like 1

I've just spoken to a very cynical friend who suggests that the young lady in the film has set up the Sun with the help of the guy in the baseball cap and a friend who took the video. 

If so, I take my baseball cap off to them😂

• Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I've just spoken to a very cynical friend who suggests that the young lady in the film has set up the Sun with the help of the guy in the baseball cap and a friend who took the video. 

If so, I take my baseball cap off to them😂

Its nearly April 1st.

Just would seem a weird thing to do by the family anyway given all the hoo-hah. I think you're right. Somebody playing the Sun for laughs. Gotcha!

Edited by Yellow Fever
Wheres the bodyguard/security on the video either?

23 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Its nearly April 1st.

Just would seem a weird thing to do by the family anyway given all the hoo-hah. I think you're right. Somebody playing the Sun for laughs. Gotcha!

I suppose the other possibility is that the Sun is annoyed about the fake picture and has decided to get its own back

They're not very good at this reassuring the public type of thing, are they. 😀

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Herman said:

They're not very good at this reassuring the public type of thing, are they. 😀

Absolutely useless. And now Netflix are releasing a drama based on the Andrew/Emily Maitless interview. They're a laughing stock. Whoever does the PR should be out on their ear. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

She looks like a young Jane Middlemiss.

And nothing like KM.

Whovever she is she does indeed look more like Jane Middlmiss than Kate Middleton 😂

Interesting how much weight she's lost since the last time she was photograped.. Just over a week! But yeah, it's odd how everyone has a HD phone in their camera and the only person that took any photo or video of her just so happens to have recorded her on a 2005 flip phone

zf4mbdhcv5pc1.jpeg

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Interesting how much weight she's lost since the last time she was photograped.. Just over a week! But yeah, it's odd how everyone has a HD phone in their camera and the only person that took any photo or video of her just so happens to have recorded her on a 2005 flip phone

zf4mbdhcv5pc1.jpeg

Neither of those look like Kate. 😀

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Herman said:

Neither of those look like Kate. 😀

I blame Brexit.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, MooreMarriot said:

Perhaps she was not in hospital for abdominal surgery but plastic surgery and a full face lift.

Comes out looking like Lolo Ferrari

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Fen Canary said:

Comes out looking like Lolo Ferrari

Blimey!!!! 

That'd be much better than Jocelyn Wildenstein. 

• Haha 1

The video in the Sun, is, apparently genuine,  and the one on twitter is the fake? 

I'm not entirely surprised,  but faking what is in effect a non story, truly is a sign of the times we live in. 

PS

Don't know why I've even bothered to reply, this really belongs in the "too dull" thread. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Daz Sparks said:

The video in the Sun, is, apparently genuine,  and the one on twitter is the fake? 

I'm not entirely surprised,  but faking what is in effect a non story, truly is a sign of the times we live in. 

PS

Don't know why I've even bothered to reply, this really belongs in the "too dull" thread. 

You are of course quite right, I should have posted this on the 'too dull' thread! 

But we are where we are so in response to your point, the screenshots above are from The Sun, aIbeit they were linked on a Twitter account. I haven't seen any other videos but it's quite possible that some are circulating. 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/royals/26766840/princess-kate-middleton-shopping-trip-video-william/

Screenshot_20240320_084624_X.thumb.jpg.8ec75829ce1137c854d156dc626fa4ef.jpg

The suggestion this morning is that the relationship between the press and the Royal Family has hit a new low after the doctored Kate photo. The Sun decided to get their own back and make a few quid at the same time. Yesterday they got 10m clicks so I imagine they've done quite well from advertising revenue. 

Amusingly, The Sun and Royal Family haven't commented and the BBC is saying it's impossible to say if the video is genuine or not. Has anyone anywhere spoken to anyone who thinks it is? 

Edit

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-family/2024/03/19/bbc-reporter-woman-photograph-windsor-not-princess-of-wales/

The media were careful while the Queen was alive but it looks like the gloves are off now. We are perhaps witnessesing the beginning of the end although Prince William is still getting a free ride. At £127k an hour he's doing quite nicely 

https://www.thenational.scot/news/23981025.prince-william-paid-127-000-hour-taxpayers/?ref=yahoo

Edited by dylanisabaddog

Posted (edited)
On 19/03/2024 at 07:48, dylanisabaddog said:

I couldn't generally care less about the Royal Family but it's all got a bit odd now. The Sun has a picture on its front page this morning pupporting to be Kate Middleton. Have to say it doesn't look remotely like her to me

Screenshot_20240319_074315_X.thumb.jpg.d013578a8704d971f89330d3581f7aad.jpg

Looks more like Lydia from TWD 

images.jpeg

Edited by GodlyOtsemobor

Perhaps the Kate puzzle is all some new GCHQ puzzle for would be recruits.

Can you solve the puzzle, tell fact from fiction? Who dun it?

All answers to GCHQ, Hubble Rd, Cheltenham GL51 0E  

3 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Who dun it?

You've upset Rose now!  It absolutely wasn't her. Honestly! 

Screenshot_20240321_084157_Chrome.jpg.4b5d70c720cc0f34a62f1f3a97913c50.jpg

No more joking about. The poor lass is rather ill. All the best to her and hope the treatment works. 

• Like 13

9 minutes ago, Herman said:

No more joking about. The poor lass is rather ill. All the best to her and hope the treatment works. 

Indeed.

It's always a shock when you get told you have cancer but these days it's not a death sentence. There are lots of new treatments coming on line all the time.

Best wishes to Kate, I hope all goes well with the treatment.

• Like 10

17 minutes ago, Herman said:

Amen. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

So both the king AND the future Kings wife have cancer? Yeah, that's not something I think anyone was expecting

Fair to say the jokes are over now

Indeed + all those stupid rumours about things I better not give public air to. Those who peddled that garbage should now hang their heads in shame.

• Like 1