Sign in to follow this  
NWC

Mikey Johnston swap deal?

Posted (edited)

An article here saying that Celtic should consider swapping Mikey Johnston (currently at WBA) for Adam Idah.

It might be just journos making stories out of nothing, but if Idah does not have a future here, he is a decent player and this would definitely help with our winger issue (especially if Jonny Rowe is sold). 

https://thecelticbhoys.com/posts/norwich-city-celtic-player-adam-idah-swap-deal

Edited by NWC

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

I mean.. We do need wingers..

We’ve already got plenty of them….oooh I thought you said whingers 

a West Brom fan I know said Johnston doing well there so wouldn’t be too bothered with this as long as one of SVH, Kamara, Aboh comes good 

Would be happy with this swap in all honesty. Mikey Johnston fits the profile we should be looking for and would be an improvement in squad quality and age profile.

Meh, personally I'd be looking to scrap the wingers and ask the full-backs to go on the overlap. If we want Stacey and one of McCallum/Giannoulis to be providing width then out-and-out wingers compromise defensive solidity unless they've got a bit more of a workaholic bent. Even then, with Sainz and Fassnacht, possibly our two biggest grafters (and more like attacking midfielders rather than pure wingers) there, we have problems.

Think that would make us more durable under pressure.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Had a great start to life at WBA.

I think we've probably missed our opportunity on this one. 

There's a chance WBA get promoted and he signs permanently.

I'd also be surprised if Celtic let him go if he's impressed a level much higher than they play at 98% of games.

Hopefully having a few of his International teammates already here (Hanley, McLean, Gunn) will help convince him to join is.

Not only because he'll have some instant relationships, but because he knows that if he does well at Norwich it will be noticed by the Scotland scouts who presumably watch our existing Scots and pick them for plenty of squads.

Posted (edited)

Mikey is unwanted trash at Celtic very rarely have I seen a player so derided from the fans for being everything from useless to a troublemaker

so by the Celtic fan logic he is worthless and certainly not worth 6-9m

but is doing really well down here goes to show what fans know about anything

Edited by Paul101