Sign in to follow this  
MC_NCFC

emmanuel adegboyega

What a start to professional football for the lad. Won every game. Playing 90 minutes and scoring in basically every game bar 1.

This guy is the future. 

• Like 6

This is what a loan lower down can bring to a young players career. Pushes them on, something Adam Idah really missed out on! 

• Like 1

I always think scoring headed goals is bit of a knack thing, you either have it or you don’t, unfortunately the football world isn’t so keen on heading these days so it’s likely to die out. Football is more interested in how many passes it can put together in build up to a perfect goal.

its a good weapon to have.

2 hours ago, Coneys Knee said:

I always think scoring headed goals is bit of a knack thing, you either have it or you don’t, unfortunately the football world isn’t so keen on heading these days so it’s likely to die out. Football is more interested in how many passes it can put together in build up to a perfect goal.

its a good weapon to have.

Unfortunately Hanley doesn't! I think his most recent goal was a good half volley mind.

Makes you wonder who may step up this summer. Elsewhere the pinkun is suggesting that Hills will be a first team choice. Warner ? Tompkinson ? Kamara ? There's also a couple coming through the youths

Looks like an exit for Gino, Batth and Gibson - - unfortunately McCallum is yet to sign.

It suggests these season was one of holding. The PL wages would have been budgeted for, but not much else.  And there will be £30m less next season, so talent will have to be found beyond the chequebook. Not sure Springett will make it, and Barden is out of contract this summer. I think (?) we have another years extension on Lungi.

I'm sure I read a stat recently about the reduction in headed goals from over 26% to less than 15% over recent seasons - I wonder if it's just not coached as much now, given the potential issues.

5 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

I'm sure I read a stat recently about the reduction in headed goals from over 26% to less than 15% over recent seasons - I wonder if it's just not coached as much now, given the potential issues.

It could be a factor, but I'd say it's probably more down to the fact that most teams play passing football on the ground as much as possible nowadays and there are fewer teams playing a direct style with high balls into the box.

Edited by Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man