19 minutes ago, Gordon Bennett said:

King's Lynn v Farsley Celtic

Weirdly I actually own a Farsley Celtic away shirt.  Went to see them play Oxford in an FA Cup tie as their ground isn't far from where a mate of mine lives.  A few beers too many later I decided that buying us each a replica shirt that cost more than my Norwich one at the time was an excellent idea ...

Strange little club - 3 sided ground with netting covering off a big drop on one side at the time - no idea if it has changed.  They had a couple of ex pros playing for them - Carl Serrant and another one whose name I recognised but have since forgotten - and excellent half time chips.

Still my FM starting team ...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

A West Brom win wouldn't be disastrous as a win for us today would then put us 6th.

A draw must be best for us in the long term. 

Still 0-0 but both teams look solid. West Brom looking more likely to score. Their number 35, Okay, looks a great defensive midfielder. 

4 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Still 0-0 but both teams look solid. West Brom looking more likely to score. Their number 35, Okay, looks a great defensive midfielder. 

It does make you realise that if we can finish the season in the top 6 we have a real chance as the only teams in and around them we have struggled against were Leicester and Leeds and they are likely to finish as the top 2. We have also beaten, drawn and narrowly lost to those teams at the peak of our injury crisis.

Unfortunately this season though it seems to be the teams lower in the league that we have struggled against.

Our game today looked like a must-win anyway, but even more so given all the other results/scores. Come on you Baggies.

19 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I agree just saying if there has to be a winner I'd rather West Brom. 

Scoreline currently is not what we want.

EDIT: 1-1 now 😄

Edited by Ken Hairy
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Absolute screamer

Though it went through the goalie's hands. Maybe Angus would've stopped it? Dunno.

Two very good championship teams. If we have an advantage over both it's that we have more players who can score out of nothing (one less without Rowe) 

37 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Two very good championship teams. If we have an advantage over both it's that we have more players who can score out of nothing (one less without Rowe) 

It was a very good game. It is said that the Championship is weak this season, but I think the opposite as all the teams down to us seem to be more than decent. Cannot quite include the Sunderland of late and might consider excluding Preston .... but they hang on in there.

The team above line-up when we last played them at home illustrates just how much Wagner was thrown by injuries. I'll still want him gone next season whatever, but there is some mitigation for that clueless run.

Edited by BroadstairsR

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Absolute screamer

Well there's the difference again... ( a Liverpool player) 😂 

Are we all on the BBC Championship live page? The Birmingham goal has 260 thumbs up and 68 thumbs down at the moment! 😜

• Haha 1