Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Ilias Chair found guilty of breaking a guys skull

Doesn't appear as straightforward as that. QPR have released a statement saying the legal process isn't concluded and he remains in England and eligible to play for them.

Championship strugglers QPR said: "The club are, and have been, in regular contact with Ilias Chair's legal team regarding a charge of assault which has been made against him. The legal proceeding is yet to reach its conclusion. As such, the club will be making no further comment at this stage."

Slung a rock rather than pummelled the guy's head in. Strange state of affairs as it seems a trial has been going on without him being there and now has a right to appeal. It happened 4 years ago so at this rate will probably be available to play most of their games.

12months is probably going to be 6mths and then a further 6months out on parole etc I should imagine (if a first-ish offence).

An appeal might shorten that. Either way, won't be out of football for long. Might put off some suitors though... 

14 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Slung a rock rather than pummelled the guy's head in. Strange state of affairs as it seems a trial has been going on without him being there and now has a right to appeal. It happened 4 years ago so at this rate will probably be available to play most of their games.

4 years ago?

This must be why no one has signed him from a struggling champs side when he’s ability is much higher. 

Crazy story.

Edited by Creedence Clearwater Couto

Back in my day this was considered a fair tackle. The game's gone soft. 

15 hours ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

I have to deal with truck drivers pretty regularly at work so I sympathise with him, as plenty of them need bopping on the head with something. 

Driving at 61 on the A1 overtaking another truck doing 60.