Sign in to follow this  
Thirsty Lizard

A Hat-trick (Kind of) for Abu Kamara Yesterday

Work mate of mine is a Pompey fan & season ticket holder. Said, he has grown up, first part of the season he was too light weight, and kept turning back. 

But now if you feed into him and force him forward, no choice but to take a man on, he is well worth the money to watch. Stronger and quicker than at the start of the loan. 

He is first team quality. 

Let's hope he is right ...

Interesting but again shows the benefit of playing first team football. It makes such a difference in my opinion all young players should prioritise playing in a first team and having the responsibility to deliver.

Edited by Ulfotto

I'm sure we were playing him more as a striker as well

They have moved him deeper - more like Rowe really. He looks as if he really reads the game well. Plus he can finish

Here's his assist from last week (at 1.16 on this video) for the winning goal

Almost Emi like dare I say

12 hours ago, Norfolk Dan said:

Work mate of mine is a Pompey fan & season ticket holder. Said, he has grown up, first part of the season he was too light weight, and kept turning back. 

But now if you feed into him and force him forward, no choice but to take a man on, he is well worth the money to watch. Stronger and quicker than at the start of the loan. 

He is first team quality. 

Let's hope he is right ...

I work with Pompey fans too, they are absolutely raving about him and desperate to get him again next season (if we both go up might be a possibility I guess).

They think he’s easily their best player now (they weren’t sure on him at the start) and got PL potential which is obviously to be taken with a big pinch of salt but great to hear.

6 minutes ago, Chichcan said:

I'm sure we were playing him more as a striker as well

They have moved him deeper - more like Rowe really. He looks as if he really reads the game well. Plus he can finish

Here's his assist from last week (at 1.16 on this video) for the winning goal

Almost Emi like dare I say

That pass was sublime, chefs kiss 👌

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

That pass was sublime, chefs kiss 👌

Not half! looked like it was to the only square yard on the pitch the guy could have scored from

13 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Can we get him back for the play offs? His performance at the weekend was outstanding. 

PS a big 'if' I know

No, we can't! If we get there I'm hoping Rowe might be back to play a part 

5 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

No, we can't! If we get there I'm hoping Rowe might be back to play a part 

A nice thought but it sounded to me like it would be a much longer lay off than that. 

18 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

A nice thought but it sounded to me like it would be a much longer lay off than that. 

Yes it could be! I'm hoping for a speedy ish recovery but I don't know for sure. 

If he is that good and looks like he is get him signed immediately to new contract.  We don't want promising youngsters to leave for little money, academy players generally on two year contracts.