Sign in to follow this  
Rossi

New players in what positions

I was thinking along the summer clearout lines earlier and excluding current loans i think we need in no order

GK - Green to go, Gallacher / Ward  not good enough / out of contract Lewis should be No2.

RB

RM

Target Man to play alongside Earnie

Orthodox Left Winger to offer Drury more protection

I would like to see a creative midfielder come in, but i dont see Worthy picking them. He loves Saf, as we do, and Andy Hughes is another Gary Holt (how long did it take to drop him) so I think he''ll remain. Unless of course Hughes playes RM, but then that doesnt solve the need for a proper right winger.

The priority needs to be Right mid then Centre mid. We need to target two or three quality players in these positions before anything else.

Then i would say right back. And when we have one of them we can see which strikers and centre backs are available.

Left winger etc if we have any money left and there are good players available

Essential signings if we want to be promoted:

Right back - Colin and MLJ are not good enough. Not a great Flem fan but he has done OK there defensively. No attacking threat though.

Right winger - PLEASE!!!

Creative central midfielder - Our midfield this season has been a shambles. Wouldn''t be sad to see all except Safri leave in the summer though it is not going to happen. Incidentally, Hughes may be a very slightly better passer of the ball than Holt was in his prime but Holt was 10 times better in his defensive duties.

Striker - Somebody who can win things in the air, hold the ball up and provide flick-ons for Earnshaw or Mckenzie. Don''t think the Mckenzie/Earnshaw partnership will work long-term and Thorne is just crap. Don''t think Henderson or Jarvis are good enough.

Importantly, these need to be quality signings. Not players that our Championship rivals are prepared to let go for £500,000 or so. Not ageing journeymen. Not reserve players from struggling Premiership teams.

It would also be beneficial to sign:

Centre-back - Not a great Doherty fan so preferably someone to play alongside Shackell.

Left-back cover - As I hope Charlton will leave at the end of his contract.

Of course we may need more players if we lose some. Sadly, I don''t think we will sign players for all of these positions and I don''t think those that we do sign will be of the required quality. Fingers crossed, anyway.

Right back and right midfielder/winger are a must. (Why oh why oh why did we sell Eddy...?)

Target man is a no-no for me. It just encourages lazy hoofball and I think we''d be better off without one. I''d much prefer us to bring in a younger battling striker as back up for Leon and Earnie.

A new left winger? Where are you going to play Hucks? because you can''t drop him

i don''t think we need a great target man just some1 who does the job crouch does for england, mckenzie, earnshaw, jarvis, hucks are all very good and we perhaps need some1 big to play when needed

We need a right back, more cover at centre half, a creative midfildfer, a right winger and a striker.

so

Right Back   -   Any ideas!

Centre Back -   Davenport if cheap, chorley, pat baldwin (colchester defender who was excellent v chelsea)

Creative Midfielder   - Koumas, Lunt, Darel Russel

Right Midfielder   -   Halford, Danns, kristainsen

Targetman   -   Rob Friend (canada international linkedf with palace), Raziak, Howard, Hawley, Horsfield

We need a

right back-halford

Right winger-Danns

Center midfielder-I would love to see Darrel Russel back here koumas or damo on loan(i know i will get slated for saying that)

Striker-Some one who is good on the deck but can header peter crouch maybe?? only kidding

so best we can hope for in my opinion next season is

Green

new Doc Shax Drury

New New Safri Hucks/McV

Mckenzie Earnie                         subs Lewis Flem McV/Hucks Robbo/Hughes New

A few points.

Firstly, i think Beds Canary may have a good point that target men encourage hoofball, especially in our team

And about Ben Chorley, i rated him at the start of the season but he seems just as bad as MK Dons are atm.

TBH, i wouldnt mind if we spent all the money on midfield. We have defence and attack that could be improved, but could still be top championship quality

[quote user="BedsCanary"]

Target man is a no-no for me. It just encourages lazy hoofball and I think we''d be better off without one. I''d much prefer us to bring in a younger battling striker as back up for Leon and Earnie.

[/quote]

here here... lets have a striker good in the air (like Leon).. but not a target man.. that way it will force us to get the ball wide and get the crosses in.. a big man just leads to the hoof!

and u can Drop hucks... no one is undroppable

jas :)

Worthington will never be forced into anything. Without a target man we will simply continue hoofing the ball to our dwarves. Players like Fleming, Doherty, Colin, Etuhu or Hughes haven''t got the quality to do anything else.

First Team;

Green

Foley Jones Shackell Drury

Mcviegh Koumas Safri Vaughan

Earnshaw Hucks

Hucks is nowhere near defensive enough to be an out and out winger but playing him and Earnie up front would be pure pace and we would skin up defences with through balls from Safs and Koumas with balls also getting sent in by Macca and Vaughan. Billy Jones has looked solid at Crewe even though they have been rubbish and Kieth Foley has been outstanding for Luton this season. Cant think of any right-wingers that are available but do think that Carlilse lad would be a good signing.

Think we already have a target man type who when played up front has looked dangerous... Johansson. He''s out of contract in the summer so no transfer fee involve (just the way Worthy likes it) and has said he wouldn''t mind staying. Unlike Etuhu he''s shown he can perform in this league and when he gets the chances he knows where the goal is and was unlucky on Saturday to be offside. It''s less of a risk than going for another target man type who could sign and then turn out to be hopeless. At least with Jonny Johansson we''ve seen what he can do and I expect theres more to come from him... that is when he''s actually played up front.

Actually no forget that, he''s here and not played in his favoured position so why would that change if he signed permanently. Yup forget that completely as we''ll go for another Thorne type whos "had a good record at his old club"... yeah about 6 years ago. [:(]

many, including me, have put a right back, but i have to say in all honesty i cant see one coming in. I think that MLJ will be the RB with Colin as back up.

Sutton is just the type of player that worthy would plump for as long as he is willing to drop his wages a fair amount - mind you i would guess he''s made a tidy sum since leaving.

If that the above means that that funds will be channelled into the right wing and creative midfielder slot then excellent. I see Hughes as Worthy''s new Holt, so maybe a midfielder who isnt a holding midfielder will be ont he cards, and i think that worthy has had enough of saf, well i have. I know he went to ANC, but he''s only managed 15 starts this season. Thats just not good enough.