Sign in to follow this  
Branston Pickle

Nations League Draw

It’s the draw for the Nations League right now.  I was told no one gave a crap about it not long ago, when pointing out how utterly ****e we’d been in it.  England were relegated to the second tier with Scotland promoted to the top, so we could get to play some ‘interesting’ sides. 

16 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

It’s the draw for the Nations League right now.  I was told no one gave a crap about it not long ago, when pointing out how utterly ****e we’d been in it.  England were relegated to the second tier with Scotland promoted to the top, so we could get to play some ‘interesting’ sides. 

What if England win the Euro's? Does that not overrule everything else and they immediately get promoted to the top group again? Not that I expect England to win, just pondering on a snow day. 

13 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

What if England win the Euro's? Does that not overrule everything else and they immediately get promoted to the top group again? Not that I expect England to win, just pondering on a snow day. 

Presumably not, and imo we won’t win anyway (not with Southgate at the helm).

Of course the Nations League is a bit of a ‘meh’ thing (equivalent to the League Cup) but we should always look to be in the top table and trying to win. We were pitiful last time. 

• Thanks 1

I didn't even know England had been relegated. How did they manage that but yet go on to walk the Euros qualifying?

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

England V Ireland you say?

Idah to score a hatrick of penalties 

28 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

And Teemu may be back in England for a flying visit with the Fins! 

He will probably be in UK when Finland play Wales in the play off for Euros this summer.

40 minutes ago, Don’t be Krul said:

Drawn in the same group as RoI. So Idah v Kane in a battle of the No9's

Ireland have Evan Ferguson now, and to be honest he has almost Kane levels of potential.

Well, that group should be ideal for blooding youngsters under international conditions.

5 hours ago, Satriales said:

I didn't even know England had been relegated. How did they manage that but yet go on to walk the Euros qualifying?

the bulk of that group was played at the end of the season, the players looked completely disinterested. That is on Southgate imo, has to appropriately motivate them and get across the point that these are competitive games, important to win etc.

We had loads of players who put in absolute stinkers. Ramsdale etc.

Can't wait to play Ireland though. About time we beat them in a competitive game. They'll have a genuine reason for booing Grealish and Rice unlike last time when their plastic fans booed Sterling as he'd just moved from Liverpool to Man City 😂

Edited by Jimmy Raggatip