After the success of Sara what’s happened to our strategy of targeting South America?

also I haven’t heard much about our partnership with Coritiba since we had a few of their players on loan to train.

have we sacked off that partnership? Are we still using their data and are we likely to sign any players from South America?

lastly what happened to the bizarre loan player we then played in our youth team? 

Didn't Webber go on a jolly out that way? Could have been to close off that 'arrangement'. Either way Knapper doesn't seem that interested and if anything has been looking at France and the Netherlands at Varane and Hooijdonk.

I'd imagine there's plenty bubbling away but the logistics probably aren't cheap and we're not swimming in money.  I'd be surprised if Knapper wasn't interested considering the South American links that Arsenal have had over the years, and those with which he has worked with.

Yes, it was prospecting to be lucrative and exciting. We probably have some sort of scouting set-up in the continent, but we can't afford a Sara right now. 

They also changed the rules again since then so we can recruit from the lower reaches of the continent once more. Hence Sainz.

Wasn't there a piece or quote somewhere just after the deadline about how a move for another South American player we'd been chasing didn't, after all, come to fruition?

Lima is on loan, if the end of the season comes and hasn't played for the first team at all, as looks likely, then thats a very rum loan indeed. Yee, it'll have helped his development but only for the benefit of his parent club. Is there an option to buy?

Webber went on a freebie to the Grand Prix with the last of our money so can’t see us going back any time soon.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

Webber went on a freebie to the Grand Prix with the last of our money so can’t see us going back any time soon.

I think it's worth pointing out that this has no relation to the club having outstanding debt at numerous strip bars and clubs stretching from Palmas to Rio De Janeiro, either. 

On 06/02/2024 at 21:27, Capt. Pants said:

Didn't Webber go on a jolly out that way? Could have been to close off that 'arrangement'. Either way Knapper doesn't seem that interested and if anything has been looking at France and the Netherlands at Varane and Hooijdonk.

Which included the Grand Prix