He’s fuming? Ref couldn’t wait to send his player off apparently.. the fact it was blatant didn’t register… and according to him we were really lucky and Cov didn’t deserve to lose. Sour grapes, and then some!

Thats a bit disappointing, coming from him.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

He’s fuming? Ref couldn’t wait to send his player off apparently.. the fact it was blatant didn’t register… and according to him we were really lucky and Cov didn’t deserve to lose. Sour grapes, and then some!

I really don't think Wagner was trying to be disrespectful by labelling them "not sexy", but perhaps it annoyed Robins more than he'd like to admit. 

Yes - his comments smacked of sour grapes. I thought that (Leeds apart) Coventry were easily the best team at FCR this season. They played positive, bright attacking football and it was only that lack of cutting edge that edged them out of what was a really entertaining match. Gunn made two blinding saves which denied them at least a point so from that point of view they can feel a bit hard done by. The sending off was a 100% cert though so he can have no complaints on that! 

• Like 3

2-1 to the sexy boys.

Coventry were strangely subdued I thought, a bit like in the play-off final when they allowed Luton to dictate. We were a bit poor 1st half especially but they really needed to get stick in better than that 

Wagner won the mind games no question.

The player was almost walking off before the card was shown. He didn't argue at all. He knew he'd ****ed up! Obvious red

I do not think Robin’s was really fuming, or expressing sour grapes.  I think he was disappointed with the player for making a challenge, and said it was stopping a clear goal scoring opportunity - that is right.  He was frustrated that Sakamoto was targeted, but even said ‘that’s football’.  So he was disappointed to not win the game, not sure he could have said anything else.

Edited by Newtopia

Would have been a second yellow at least anyway, Kitching was already on a yellow when he made that challenge. Can't complain about the red card there at all - even if you're not convinced on the red card on its own for one tackle, it was definitely a yellow as a bare minimum.

I think he's trying to protect his player a bit there to be honest.

2 hours ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

He was so quick lol, I think when you watch the replays tonight you will see the decision was confirmed by the Lino. I am 99% certain that before issuing the red card he looked over to the Lino to confirm there were no covering players that he hadn’t seen.

Worst case anyway, had that player not already been cautioned ? In which case absolutely no way could he not have given another yellow ( I think he had been cautioned happy to be corrected ).

20 minutes ago, Newtopia said:

He was frustrated that Sakamoto was targeted,

I was impressed by him. He looked lively.

Sign him up delia

He was waiting for Wagner to shake his hand at the end and Wagner was making him wait for an age. So he gave up and went down the tunnel.

21 hours ago, NFN FC said:

He was waiting for Wagner to shake his hand at the end and Wagner was making him wait for an age. So he gave up and went down the tunnel.

Did not notice that - that’s not great - perhaps Klopp has rubbed.

Edited by Newtopia

15 hours ago, Newtopia said:

I do not think Robin’s was really fuming, or expressing sour grapes.  I think he was disappointed with the player for making a challenge, and said it was stopping a clear goal scoring opportunity - that is right.  He was frustrated that Sakamoto was targeted, but even said ‘that’s football’.  So he was disappointed to not win the game, not sure he could have said anything else.

No, it was more than that - he was warbling on about us targeting their no7, who needs to grow a pair, and whingeing about this and that - all whilst entirely forgetting the order of events, and the rules of the game (red card)

Real City fan here.   I think the consensus amongst the traveling Sky Blues was that Kitching deserved nothing less. 

FWIW I thought both teams were evenly matched.  Both goal scorers for you were well worth their pay packet.  

One thing of note that Robins was angry about…There were no hand shakes after the game. 

Having drawn against Bristol and lost against you it is disappointing to say the least. 

‘Also, having been to a few games at Carrow Road, I’m impressed with the segregation, or lack of more to the point.  Past times it got a bit stupid with our naughty boys taking seats near the barriers.  Not so this time. 
It should be like that all the time.  Well managed by the stewards. 

Edited by flying fokker
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, flying fokker said:

Real City fan here.   I think the consensus amongst the traveling Sky Blues was that Kitching deserved nothing less. 

FWIW I thought both teams weee evenly matched.  Both goal scorers well worth their pay packet.  

One thing of note that Robins was angry about…There were no hand shakes after the game. 

‘Also, having been to a few games at Carrow Road, I’m impressed with the segregation, or lack of more to the point.  It should be like that all the time.  Well managed by the stewards. 

I don't think you are far off the mark with the match analysis, first half was even enough, 2nd half you capitalised on a poor throw from defence and were unlucky that Gunn was alert and on form, I would say after that we edged the game and maybe should have scored another. The red was a fair decision, and Robins post match comments were understandable.

I'm glad you enjoyed the Stadium. 

Good luck fella.

• Like 1