Tetteys Jig

Idah off on an adventure

Assuming this is a loan with no option to buy it is a great chance for Adam and shrewd move by  the club.  My only concern is that he needs to play games and Celtic will not ensure that.

I've wanted Adam to succeed in his footballing career and hopefully it was to be playing for us.....Whatever the outcome and his future prospects, I do wish Adam well....

Against the lesser opposition of the Scottish PL this could be a real opportunity for Idah to find the natural scoring touch he demonstrated with his FA Cup hattrick. A great bit of transfer work by the club to loan him out and get a replacement in with an option to buy if he proves his potential.

9 hours ago, Google Bot said:

He genuinely looks lost in that picture bless him.

Well, dressed as he is, I expect he still thought he was arriving in Genoa.

I think it is a terrible move for him to be honest ,

Celtic only play a few  hard games in their league a season Rangers and Hearts say ,

i do not think Idah can motivate himself against lesser teams ,

When he has played for us against a lower team you think go on Adam here is your chance to shine and he rarely did ,

he should rip teams lower down in that league a new one and score plenty but i think when he plays someone like a Ross county his mindset will be this is to easy 

9 hours ago, Google Bot said:

He genuinely looks lost in that picture bless him.

Exactly how he looks in the six yard box 

I suppose different leagues present different challenges and may suit some players better than others. It's worth remembering that Pukki's phenomenal success with us followed being somewhat of a failure at Celtic.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

16 hours ago, Google Bot said:

After his 2 goals tonight, I just seen this posted elsewhere:

https://celtsarehere.com/report-adam-idah-permanent-transfer-fee/

They're saying there's an option to buy for 3m at the end of the loan, That's BS isn't it? 

The article isn't saying that there is an option to buy - wherein there is a legal agreement to sell if the option fee is offered - but rather implying that there is an informal agreement regarding a potentially mutually agreeable fee that Idah would be available for at the end of the loan.

I would suggest that £3m is BS though, and BS that is largely unverifiable and therefore perfect hypothetical allegedly "ITK" clickbait. 

If we were willing to sell at that price, why not formalise it in an option to buy ?  If we aren't, why discuss a potential price ?  If he does well up there the chances are that he'll be worth more elsewhere. If he doesn't and Celtic don't want him at that price, they wouldn't have to exercise that option.  Without the option, there would have been no point in the discussion anyway.

The only slim chance of this being correct are if we didn't like the PR / Optics of sending Idah on loan with an option to buy for whatever reason, be it player confidence, supporter opinion or more likely the very real possibility of Celtic not taking it up for even what appears a relatively nominal fee ... 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Tilt said:

I hope he does well but the comments on the Celtic forums are pretty bad:

https://kerrydalestreet.co.uk/adam-idah-fishal-signed-on-loan-t141667-s360.html

"woeful"

"a lot to be desired."

"Big praise for putting away those two spot kicks, but he was awful. Worrying."

You're in a bad way if you put your hopes on Adam Idah turning round your season. 

Teemu scored 7 times in a season for Celtic before being moved on. Idah is 28% of the way to matching that after 1 game.

Still haters are going to hate.

• Like 1