Sign in to follow this  
KiwiScot

****Official Lappinitup Match Thread - Norwich v WBA****

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

Gibson really helped build up play, defended well too.

Excellent assist and general play from McLean (he can't play in midfield against top half sides apparently).

Subs from Wagner were good. Sargent rested and with a few in front of me singing you don't know what you're doing, we scored the second soon after which was pleasing.

The one I didn't agree with was bringing Sainz off, thought he put in a great shift today, and is always capable of something a bit out of the ordinary when we are attacking.

Otherwise, nothing to complain about. 

6 hours ago, baldy09 said:

My prediction for today is that we lose 4-2 - WBA been playing some good football and we struggling in defence

4 goals put - that must have hurt, not only for you, but S_81.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Well if WBA were 5th we should be higher, toothless to say the least.

We need to judge Wagner on getting us to the play-offs. We really shouldn't be finishing outside top 6.

Easy comfortable win.

Think Sainz was starting to suffer after all the defensive work he had put in.

Putting Onel on after 90 mins did give us another out ball and almost produced goal #3 with his bustling movement and cut back to Sara, who was unlucky to have been closed down just as he was about to shoot.

Edited by Addick/Canary

7 hours ago, canarydan23 said:

Despite his contribution, McLean's passing has been dreadful. I know some people on here won't like to hear that. He's going to cost us at some point.

I was at the game, Kenny was amazing. Although it was only 10 yards a piece of skill and pass to Stacey was an amazing piece of skill. He then had the head to quickly move past Stacey, receive the ball back, and carried the ball the length of the pictch. 
I really don’t get this McClean bashing, without him we would really struggle.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RobJames said:

4 goals put - that must have hurt, not only for you, but S_81.

Oh pipe down you little muppet. We played well in most part and I’m glad to see it. It doesn’t happen enough. Just because people have higher standards than yours 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Addick/Canary said:

Think Sainz was starting to suffer after all the defensive work he had put in.

Putting Onel on after 90 mins did give us another out ball and almost produced goal #3 with his bustling movement and cut back to Sara, who was unlucky to have been closed down just as he was about to shoot.

I really like Sainz as a player. Good composure, very good technical ability and a good work ethic. My only criticism would be that at present he’s not quite alive to the quick switch to the right side of the pitch often enough. There have been a few instances where it has been on and he’s not played the early pass. 

3 hours ago, Well b back said:

I was at the game, Kenny was amazing. Although it was only 10 yards a piece of skill and pass to Stacey was an amazing piece of skill. He then had the head to quickly move past Stacey, receive the ball back, and carried the ball the length of the pictch. 
I really don’t get this McClean bashing, without him we would really struggle.

Week in week out Kenny continues to defy him detractors with solid, sometimes excellent, performances. Cannot fathom this hatred he generates.

• Like 3