Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Well Said Bridget.

1 minute ago, Indy said:

It must be highlighted we still got Premier TV money during and after covid, more than most championship teams finances so really we weren’t as hard hit as some!

I had been conditioned to think we were the only club who had suffered financially during the pandemic.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, kenfoggo said:

take a dump in her own hands and then clap. The resulting shower of excrement splattered on all in attendance

Excellent analogy! love it. But why didn't those covered in the **** do anything by response - were they frit, or just liked the smell! Mmmm..

Edited by shefcanary
Added a jokily expressed observation?

43 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I had been conditioned to think we were the only club who had suffered financially during the pandemic.

Brainwashed.

Very heartfelt article. I think she has tuned into more than the 20%.

As to possible ways forward ...There is a Delia's 20% account now on X. And I agree with all of these 5 requests!

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Very heartfelt article. I think she has tuned into more than the 20%.

As to possible ways forward ...There is a Delia's 20% account now on X. And I agree with all of these 5 requests!

All perfectly respectable requests. Except that, even though point 5 is obvious, asking for it alongside the other points I would argue gives the current directors a reason to ignore the first 4.

It is important I think to separate governance issues from operational ones - this gives leave for the Board to merely focus on that operational issue to the detriment of answering the first four! 

Edited by shefcanary
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

All perfectly respectable requests. Except that, even though point 5 is obvious, asking for it alongside the other points I would argue gives the current directors a reason to ignore the first 4.

It is important I think to separate governance issues from operational ones - this gives leave for the Board to merely focus on that operational issue to the detriment of answering the first four! 

Yes I can see that dichotomy. But point 5 would hopefully tie into and spearhead a new direction. Arguably, it ought to be Number 1 and then things flow from there. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

Part time, yes.

Delia really liked Steve Stone i know that 100 % .

should we just say more than Moxey !

• Like 1

I must say out of all the AGMs I have attended, only Steve Stone struck me as a most credible club employee/officer holder.

12 minutes ago, Big Vince said:

I must say out of all the AGMs I have attended, only Steve Stone struck me as a most credible club employee/officer holder.

I was always intrigued by Stefan Phillips. That was probably just the mystery element though.

I never heard him speak and no one seemed to know what he did!

Posted (edited)

I must say I never put 90 per cent of myself into my work, let alone this apparent norm of 100 per cent. It is a polemic, and makes some good points. The dreadful PR machine at Carrow Road, and the lack of muscular corporate governance, exemplified by the absence of a strong-minded chairman, for two.

But it lacks balance, as is usual with polemics, and also elides unsubstantiated views into supposed facts. As with this comment that Attanasio is ‘…yet to prove his worth and apparently unable  to do so until permitted.’ Beware of any claim that include the weasel word ‘apparently’.

I would not regard putting in tens of millions into the club to stabilise its finances as worthless. And unless I have it wrong then the impending presence of Attanasio on the board (with a second US director to arrive at some point) should already be making up some of the governance deficit there has been. You don’t get where he has got in the shark-infested waters of US finance by being a soft touch. 

Edited by PurpleCanary
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Big Vince said:

Sh*t, that's his credibility shot then.

• Haha 2

•  

This is such a weird time, isn't it? Those demands basically amount to

"What do we want? What is happening, but faster."

Not saying that's unreasonable, by the way, just that it's such a weird limbo the club is in.

3 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

•  

Not saying that's unreasonable, by the way, just that it's such a weird limbo the club is in.

Indeed. And as I have explained the speed of the change is dictated by the time it takes the EFL to decide on whether they okay Attanasio as a Director & Owner. Unless Smith & Jones decide to allow change irrespective of the EFL.

I note Nutty thinks Attanasio is making decisions already, but I think he wouldn't want to until formal clearance has been achieved. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

And as I have explained the speed of the change is dictated by the time it takes the EFL to decide on whether they okay Attanasio as a Director & Owner

Beyond this, do you think there's a reason Attanasio wants the extended handover period? I completely understand fans' frustration at the pace of change. I'm just fascinated by the fact that MA seems to want it to happen slowly.

13 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

•  

Also, not sure how much confidence I have in the business acumen of someone who pays for Twitter.

• Haha 1

My opinion is he doesn't necessarily want that delay, he is just not keen to upset Smith & Jones and doesn't want to risk a public fall out that might cause concern amongst his backers. However at some point he will assert himself and that is where the Concord gets tested and will force a change. Only he will know when the time is right.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, shefcanary said:

Only he will know when the time is right.

Not him and the 'Real Buh'? Huge if true.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Robert N. LiM said:

•  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Big Vince said:

I must say that his response at the 2016 AGM concerning the Articles of Association re Balls and T Smith's acquisition  of shares for £1 each rather reminded me of Martin Olsson's dive across the goal line at QPR the previous Saturday. Just that Steve's red card took a little longer.

Edited by essex canary