1. Olympics

2. Leap year 

3. Euros 

4. Likely general election

5. US elections 

6. Elections in 38 other major countries

7. First crewed mission to the moon in 58 years 

8. A solar eclipse 

If you thought 2023 was a busy year, 2024 is shaping up to be something else.

• Like 2

I saw a Facebook post yesterday about the 20 daftest things people had said on social media in 2023. Number 1 was an American who complained about the solar eclipse being held in April when it was likely to be cloudy. 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I saw a Facebook post yesterday about the 20 daftest things people had said on social media in 2023. Number 1 was an American who complained about the solar eclipse being held in April when it was likely to be cloudy. 

Of course it would be an American 😉

Posted (edited)

Starts with a tsunami warning for Japan(and korea+china from this map). Looks like 3m with one area getting 5m

Latest tsunami warnings in Japan

Edited by KiwiScot
  • Sad 1

My predictions for 2024.

NCFC will continue to bump along the bottom of its current cyclical curve. At some stage a new manager will be in place but the overall position will largely remain unchanged.

1p5wich will fail to get automatic promotion.

Liverpool will pip Man City for the title.

England will win the Euro's.

The General Election will be held in December and Starmer will be the new PM. SNP will lose heavily in Jockland as the political pendulum swings towards Labour.

Legal attempts to stop Trump will fail and it will be Trump v Biden. Result will be too close to call and mayhem will ensue.

Ukraine v Russia will grind on with little movement.

Hemsby will not fall into the sea.

The Middle East problems will remain unsolved.

Herman will continue to blah about Brexit, but we won't  be rejoining in any conceivable future.

Tomorrow will be much like today only more expensive.

Ricardo's reports will continue for another year as long as I can remain one pace ahead of the Grim Reaper (not guaranteed).

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Sorry Ricardo, my annual prediction that brexit will be **** is still right.😄

All the best for 24.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Herman said:

Sorry Ricardo, my annual prediction that brexit will be **** is still right.😄

All the best for 24.

And you mate. 😉👍

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

@ricardothe prospect of a very close Trump defeat is frightening. I really hope you're wrong but I have a nasty feeling 

True, but the prospect of a close Trump win, or any Trump win for that matter, is also horrific - as you suggest I think the situation in the US is going to be pretty awful whichever way the result goes. They are already in a right mess and hard to see how the election will resolve anything.

• Like 1

A trump win and a Boris Johnson comeback. Both are possible...

2024 is the year I'll hopefully move and finally have a room just for my lego.

• Like 2

Japan coastguard plane carrying Earthquake relief collides with landing airliner which bursts into flames and continues alight down the runaway. All 400 ish passengers evaculated and survive. 5 missing from coastguard plane. It's a sight to behold. Airline passengers very lucky.

1 minute ago, KiwiScot said:

Japan coastguard plane carrying Earthquake relief collides with landing airliner which bursts into flames and continues alight down the runaway. All 400 ish passengers evaculated and survive. 5 missing from coastguard plane. It's a sight to behold. Airline passengers very lucky.

Looks terrifying. Any loss of life is horrible, but looking at the footage, it's remarkable how many survived.

23 hours ago, ricardo said:

The boldest prediction of the lot.

On 01/01/2024 at 11:28, ricardo said:

My predictions for 2024.

NCFC will continue to bump along the bottom of its current cyclical curve. At some stage a new manager will be in place but the overall position will largely remain unchanged.

1p5wich will fail to get automatic promotion.

Liverpool will pip Man City for the title.

England will win the Euro's.

The General Election will be held in December and Starmer will be the new PM. SNP will lose heavily in Jockland as the political pendulum swings towards Labour.

Legal attempts to stop Trump will fail and it will be Trump v Biden. Result will be too close to call and mayhem will ensue.

Ukraine v Russia will grind on with little movement.

Hemsby will not fall into the sea.

Herman will continue to blah about Brexit, but we won't  be rejoining in any conceivable future.

Tomorrow will be much like today only more expensive.

Ricardo's reports will continue for another year as long as I can remain one pace ahead of the Grim Reaper (not guaranteed).

Well I noticed that I now have a very small food item (a Christmas pudding) in the kitchen cupboard with a consume by date of March 2025 ...so I can say with confidence it will outlast this present government! Tempted that I am to eat it now I will wait til a happier time (and get some custard in for the occasion too). 😀

Keep on keeping on R.

• Thanks 1