He's a liability. From now on every single team we play is going to target him because they know he lacks self-discipline and is a red card waiting to happen. He was supposed to be our sh/ithouser and he is now the sh/ithoused.

Sainz will get the same treatment after what he did in the West Brom game. The difference is that Sainz is a young player who might learn from his mistakes. And Sainz has loads of talent, so, like Buendia, it may be worth sticking with him while we try to get him to see that there are better ways of getting revenge - taking the opposition to the cleaners.

However, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Wagner punishes Sainz by leaving him out of the squad while Barnes gets back in the first XI despite behaving like a drunken clubber looking for someone to headbutt.

36 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Hope he has a good game and scores tomorrow...

Sounds unfashionable won't catch on.

40 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

So do I. I still think his signing and building a team round incorporating him was a mistake though. Don’t think that’s an unreasonable position.

44 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I hope he has a poor game and scored two! 

Having seen Bashley playing for Burnley, I was pleased when he signed for us but I have been mostly disappointed so far.

I do feel that he has been rushed back after his injury and he is struggling with the lack of recovery time. The petulance at Millwall made me feel that he is frustrated with the situation he finds himself in.

Hope he gets his head together and links up with Sargent like he did at the start of the season.

OTBC 

Barnes is a maker of goals, not by direct assists but subtle slide passes to runners or little layoffs or wall passes at close quarters. Defensively he is a sly blocker of attackers and effectively prevents clean headers, often provides the clearing ball from corners. Watching warmup at The Den he & other strikers were being fed low crosses to run onto which were converted. We saw very little of that in play though he thrives on it as we saw in pre-seasons. It's ironic that such an elderly gentleman is pressing more & to greater effect than his younger fellow strikers. Shame we don't see the numbers.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

20/1 for a brace and 100/1 for a treble. 

That says it all although 20/1 to score 2 sounds a bit skinny to me unless the barn doors are bigger at Carrow Road