Sign in to follow this  
TheBaldOne66

Let Delia and Co know

Being Norwich born and bred I have been embarrassed by how easily so many 'so-called' City fans have been duped into buying into Delia Smith's hobby horse and the shameful disregard of what the club was and who it spiritually belonged to.

The reality is that the stands are full of day trippers without any passion for the game or for what Norwich City used to represent as the deep connection with the city has been whitewashed out by a tv cook cynically claiming that somehow we wouoldn't have existed but for her itervention.

It took too long for the mugs to smell the coffee and with our rich history of being every neutral's football fan's favourite club we have become a bore and a laughing stock.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, essex canary said:

I sat in the executive seats at Millwall yesterday 

Really? You haven't mentioned that previously!  

32 minutes ago, nu_matik said:

Why though is a problem that people have respect for Delia though?

Yes anyone with sense knows she needs to go. 

She's done more for this club the last 25 years than any poster has on here has and certainly more good than harm.

Abusing her litterally achieves nothing. She's not going anywhere until the planned business is done. That time will come and it'll be a more prosperous one I'm sure.

The amount of hatred and anger that gets stirred up by the little old lady is actually quite bizarre.

Maybe it’s because of the things she said recently and the fact she spouts crap every time she opens her mouth?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

Maybe it’s because of the things she said recently and the fact she spouts crap every time she opens her mouth?

So you're saying she's fairly representative of at least 20% of the posters on here if you're honest.  😉

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Real Buh said:

There’s a big element of our fanbase (more than 20%) that are willing to immediately side with the ruling governance and management of the club, on every single decision 

There appears to be an element of our fan base that has little stomach for the challenge. An entitled view, much the same in essence to the views of some Man U fans, who cannot accept others might just be a bit better than them of late.

I see us as coming from 3rd division south, and being at heart a 2nd Tier side, with a good history of doing ok at top level. Because I believe that the current custodians have been superb for us, has no bearing on whether I like the ‘ruling governance’ at the city overall. Over the years very few of our board have impressed me, and very few officials have stood out (examples are Roger Munby, Joe Ferrari). 
We have no preordained right to be any higher in the leagues than York City, Rochdale or Grimsby. 

2 minutes ago, Corbs1 said:

There appears to be an element of our fan base that has little stomach for the challenge. An entitled view, much the same in essence to the views of some Man U fans, who cannot accept others might just be a bit better than them of late.

I see us as coming from 3rd division south, and being at heart a 2nd Tier side, with a good history of doing ok at top level. Because I believe that the current custodians have been superb for us, has no bearing on whether I like the ‘ruling governance’ at the city overall. Over the years very few of our board have impressed me, and very few officials have stood out (examples are Roger Munby, Joe Ferrari). 
We have no preordained right to be any higher in the leagues than York City, Rochdale or Grimsby. 

Here, here what’s not to like. So what if we’re plodding along mid table, blew the transfer pot and £90m in debt. It certainly isn’t S&J fault, they are the envy of many of many other clubs fans. Can we all just relax and support the club Portsmouth style. 

6 minutes ago, Corbs1 said:

It’s this lack of standards that is holding us back. It’s a crippling, self-defeating attitude that needs to be chased from every corner of our club.

Delia doesn’t care anymore.

1 minute ago, The Real Buh said:

It’s this lack of standards that is holding us back. It’s a crippling, self-defeating attitude that needs to be chased from every corner of our club.

Delia doesn’t care anymore.

Did she ever care or was our club just a shop window for her ego? She may have got away with it had she not clung on and made it so patently obvious.

Her weak kneed legacy will linger long in the club I'm afraid.

1 hour ago, nu_matik said:

She's done more for this club the last 25 years than any poster has on here has and certainly more good than harm.

Abusing her litterally achieves nothing. She's not going anywhere until the planned business is done. That time will come and it'll be a more prosperous one I'm sure.

The amount of hatred and anger that gets stirred up by the little old lady is actually quite bizarre.

It’s this view that she should just be custodian for life and we have no actual football direction from the top that is holding us back big time. 

With her at the top, whether she’s passive or not, we are rudderless.

some fans are willing and ready to take this football club and as a extension a beacon and representative of the county seriously. Others are happy with a day out at some old ladies hobby.

Just now, Nora's Ghost said:

Did she ever care or was our club just a shop window for her ego? She may have got away with it had she not clung on and made it so patently obvious.

Her weak kneed legacy will linger long in the club I'm afraid.

She’s fully lost it, to be honest. That last AGM was embarrassing and it did leak out of the local press and into more national press which must have worried her.

Shes desperate, she’s absent and she doesn’t bring anything. It’s time for her to leave immediately.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nu_matik said:

You tell em Tom. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

She’s fully lost it, to be honest. That last AGM was embarrassing and it did leak out of the local press and into more national press which must have worried her.

Shes desperate, she’s absent and she doesn’t bring anything. It’s time for her to leave immediately.

You can only keep a dirty secret for so long before you get caught out. How she fooled so many for so long is beyond me.

If everyone on here who complained about fans not complaining actually got off their collective backsides and done it themselves they might get somewhere.

I can guarantee complaining about other fans on here will achieve absolutely nothing. Yet they choose to do the latter...

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, hogesar said:

If everyone on here who complained about fans not complaining actually got off their collective backsides and done it themselves they might get somewhere.

I can guarantee complaining about other fans on here will achieve absolutely nothing. Yet they choose to do the latter...

The fans I have an issue with have no problem whatsoever reporting me to the club and getting me intimidated or banned for life for any sort of insubordination.

They are the ones that text the number at the ground.

Ive said it before but to get rid of Delia you can match all you like it won’t make a difference, she’s got to embarrass herself to the point it gets in the national news so she can do her abdication speech and finally leave.

3 hours ago, nu_matik said:

Well its true isn't it? 

Tell me what it achieves right now? I feel anger can be aimed much more affectively in other areas. Not saying don't be angry, I'm just genuinely looking for some feedback on what giving her **** achieves?

Does anyone actually believe she'll suddenly just give it all up and walk away?

The one last great thing Webber did was give a good account of some of the fan personality issues.

I thought webbers one last great thing was his summer signings, leaving us with a load of rubbish we can't get rid of. And leaving us millions upon millions in debt. Unfortunately for poor Stuart some fans still care. 

2 hours ago, Corbs1 said:

I think our loyal fanbase has alot to do with us having a right over the teams you mentioned.