Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

'Twas two nights before Christmas and all through Pink'Un

1 minute ago, JUBWICKS75 said:

It's not particularly hard getting a ticket at Norwich Currently, despite being in the prem not that long ago.

We’ve averaged 25k+ for pretty Much the last 20 years, as opposed to Poorman Road which has been barely half full in that time.  Having supporters only turning up when you’re successful is not really something to crow about. 

1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

We’ve averaged 25k+ for pretty Much the last 20 years, as opposed to Poorman Road which has been barely half full in that time.  Having supporters only turning up when you’re successful is not really something to crow about. 

It's because your in the middle of  nowhere with a captive audience, and you've been in the prem, albeit briefly 😆

8 minutes ago, JUBWICKS75 said:

It's because your in the middle of  nowhere with a captive audience, and you've been in the prem, albeit briefly 😆

Briefly for what 7 seasons since you last were?

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, JUBWICKS75 said:

Firstly, it's YOU'RE.

Secondly it's a bit rich of someone from Suffolk to claim Norwich is in the middle of nowhere.. Pot calling the kettle black and all that. But then again you're an Englishman who supports Argentina so it's obvious you're not the brightest bulb.

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

8 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Firstly, it's YOU'RE.

Secondly it's a bit rich of someone from Suffolk to claim Norwich is in the middle of nowhere.. Pot calling the kettle black and all that. But then again you're an Englishman who supports Argentina so it's obvious you're not the brightest bulb.

Thank you for the grammatical correction. 

Whether you like to acknowledge it or not Norwich is fairly isolated, not a bad thing, just that there is a large area surrounding where a significant number of inhabitants are likely to frequent Carrow Road, hence gate averages. 

Following a national team that has produced not 1 but 2 of the greatest football players of all time is not silly, just common sense. 

3 minutes ago, JUBWICKS75 said:

Following a national team that has produced not 1 but 2 of the greatest football players of all time is not silly, just common sense. 

Sums Ipswich fans up beautifully. Follow the little local team when they’re doing well, Arsenal when they’re not doing well. This season must be a bit of a dilemma really, but hopefully once the choking gets in full swing you lot can take up your comfy chairs at the emirates once again. 

Also, a little bit confused about how supporting Argentina demonstrates common sense?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

Sums Ipswich fans up beautifully. Follow the little local team when they’re doing well, Arsenal when they’re not doing well. This season must be a bit of a dilemma really, but hopefully once the choking gets in full swing you lot can take up your comfy chairs at the emirates once again. 

Also, a little bit confused about how supporting Argentina demonstrates common sense?

Not sure where this Arsenal thing comes from?? I dislike them also. 

8 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Englishman who supports Argentina so it's obvious you're not the brightest bulb.

I was just explaining my reasoning for supporting a nation team which has produced the best goal (Maradona) best final (Qatar 22) and recently the best player (Messi) as not being a daft decision!!

13 minutes ago, JUBWICKS75 said:

I was just explaining my reasoning for supporting a nation team which has produced the best goal (Maradona) best final (Qatar 22) and recently the best player (Messi) as not being a daft decision!!

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but you're not Argentinian are you? You can't just choose International teams to support.

17 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but you're not Argentinian are you? You can't just choose International teams to support.

You can if you're a glory hunter......oh hang on that surely can't apply to Ipswich fans, well.not those under 40ish.....

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Why not, it's sport nothing more! How would you feel if you were in a Norwich pub watching England and I sat next to you in an Ipswich shirt? 

9 hours ago, JUBWICKS75 said:

The person you are quoting drives many a mile to get to CR. He's not the only one.

27 minutes ago, JUBWICKS75 said:

Why not, it's sport nothing more! How would you feel if you were in a Norwich pub watching England and I sat next to you in an Ipswich shirt? 

Not sure what that's got to do with supporting a different international side than your nationality.  I'm mean you do you but an Englishman (again assuming) supporting Argentina is, well weird 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Not sure what that's got to do with supporting a different international side than your nationality.  I'm mean you do you but an Englishman (again assuming) supporting Argentina is, well weird 🤷‍♂️

I enjoy watching other teams, who play attractive football, both domestically and internationally. But supporting them, no thanks, especially at international level. That's just wrong.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, JUBWICKS75 said:

Me and my family do a 325 mile round trip for a home game and did so in league 1.

If we wished to not travel could just watch Villa, Wolves, Birmingham, WBA to name but a few.

27 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

The point I am making is I am from Ipswich, parking a developed dislike for other teams for the sake of a 2/4 yearly tournament is weird. England play bland football, it's a preference nothing more. 

2 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Maybe he will support England soon as Jude Bellingham is likely to soon be the best player in the world.

Nope! 

Surely, choosing a team to support is a thing from the heart no? Although plenty do, the teams you support shouldn’t be based on how good they are. If we all did that, there would only be support for 3-4 clubs in this country. Everybody else would have no support at all.

Supporting teams in how good you deem them to be is the shallowest of reasons and is one of the reason football is so bland and crap these days. 

You should surely support your home town club, or club you have strong links to and your support your nation of birth. 

In what realm would anyone choose not to support their nation of birth or heritage for the reason of “they play bland football”? It’s the most non-commonsensical of reasons surely! You’re weird!

Edited by Coneys Knee
  • Like 1