Sign in to follow this  
Yobocop

Yobocop's Big Post of the Week: Second Team Syndrome?

Hey Pink Un Forum Members,

Hope you've all come back down to earth from the excitement of Jonny Rowe's heroics last weekend. Yobocop, true to form, was all smiles after the draw.

This week, we're delving into the intriguing world of second teams, and Yobocop's second club is none other than Luton Town. After spending the past 15-20 years immersed in the town, he's practically an honorary Lutonian! What are your thoughts on second team loyalties? Share your insights with Yobocop and the community, you may not agree with a second team? Share that opinion too 

Before we head into the Christmas festivities, Yobocop wants to wish each and every contributor a Merry Christmas. Given that there won't be another big post until after the big day, here's to a wonderful time with friends and family.

Stay out of trouble, and let the discussions flow!

Best,
Yobocop

• Like 1

Carlisle united for me, I grew up with them being the only professional team within at least a 50 mile radius (ignoring Scottish clubs) so spent a fair chunk of my youth on the terraces of Brunton Park (largest capacity stadium with proper terracing I believe)... Unfortunately they have been pretty consistently ****e, hence they're my second team...

Roasso Kumamoto for me! ❤️

Usually mid table J2 disappointment. Although we had a decent season last year coming 4th

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

Carlisle united for me, I grew up with them being the only professional team within at least a 50 mile radius (ignoring Scottish clubs) so spent a fair chunk of my youth on the terraces of Brunton Park (largest capacity stadium with proper terracing I believe)... Unfortunately they have been pretty consistently ****e, hence they're my second team...

Could be looking up with new owners now though.

I picked out Ferranti Thistle when they first got elected to the Scottish Football League in the 70's from a Shoot! League Ladder. Something about the name stirred something (oo er). I've followed them through name changes to Meadowbank Thistle and then to Livingston.

They seem to make great leaps forward, but then as this season, it suddenly unravels. And for the cloud of "franchise", they have never really developed a large following.

Still, relatively neutral as far as Norwich are concerned with only one friendly between the teams in that fifty years. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

Hope you've all come back down to earth from the excitement of Jonny Rowe's heroics last weekend. Yobocop, true to form, was all smiles after the draw.

This week, we're delving into the intriguing world of second teams, and Yobocop's second club is none other than Luton Town. After spending the past 15-20 years immersed in the town, he's practically an honorary Lutonian! What are your thoughts on second team loyalties? Share your insights with Yobocop and the community, you may not agree with a second team? Share that opinion too 

Before we head into the Christmas festivities, Yobocop wants to wish each and every contributor a Merry Christmas. Given that there won't be another big post until after the big day, here's to a wonderful time with friends and family.

Best,
Yobocop

I'm not a Norfolk boy but it's where I caught football and would rather sh*t razor blades than support another club. Doesn't mean there's not other clubs I appreciate though - and I can enjoy watching them without risking feeling ill when playing out from the back goes wrong. Anyway I'm not a ginger (not that I have any hair now), so I don't only wet my pants over the club when things are going well. OTBC

Just now, crispeduk said:

I'm not a Norfolk boy but it's where I caught football and would rather sh*t razor blades than support another club. Doesn't mean there's not other clubs I appreciate though - and I can enjoy watching them without risking feeling ill when playing out from the back goes wrong. Anyway I'm not a ginger (not that I have any hair now), so I don't only wet my pants over the club when things are going well. OTBC

I guess the sentiment was somewhere in between the option of, do you follow the results of another club all the way up to a full blown supporter of that club - if that makes sense 

• Like 1

Ha, just been reminded my Grandad was a ginger and his Dad was an ace fell runner in the Lakes. Not sure if he was a Carlisle fan though. .... wow, this home brew's syrong, or even strong !!

41 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

Best,
Yobocop

Gillingham FC for me.

Aaaam a Medway Taans boy by birth but we moved backwards and forwards between Kent and Norfolk while I was growing up, then lived in Norwich for a while after uni, which is where I settled on the Canaries as the team I supported.

Whilst I have a soft spot for Luton Town (my uncle lived there for 50+ years) and a good friend is a Luton Town fan (born there, his parents are Norwich born and bred), my second team is Derby County, seeing the highlights of them aided by Charlie George beating Real Madrid 4-1 in the European Cup (they lost 5-1 in the second leg) and I was hooked...........

• Like 1

I grew up in Norfolk, so there is only one team I really follow, but……

This is a multi faceted question as I do just love football and watching live football, especially as I haven’t lived in Norfolk since I left for Uni in 1992.  My Dad is from Middlesbrough (So I watch for their scores), my son supports Brighton (He was born there - we had a season ticket for a long time) and we now live in Hobart Tasmania, so I follow South Hobart (Who we are hoping will join the National league (one below the A league) March 25.)

Mulbarton United/Wanderers 

They're basically the same except one went under so they had to change the name. I grew up there so have always been to see them, even back in the days they played on the common. The parents still live out there so I try to get to a few games a season.

Perhaps Barnet as well. A mate is a fan so I've been to a couple of games with him and keep a vague eye out for their results. There have been numerous times when  norwich have lost that I've tried to soften the blow by saying 'at least Barnet won ' it's not really helped tho!