Sign in to follow this  
It's Character Forming

12 things that've happened since the last time Ip**** beat .

36 minutes ago, JUBWICKS75 said:

And Messi played his whole career without once facing England, so what !!!!!

LOL the difference is that I would bet Messi was not particularly bothered about beating England.  Whereas.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The most important stat is that we have four promotions from the Championship to the PL, two of which were league titles.

They have one runner-up trophy to the third tier which took them four seasons, which even we managed to better in one attempt.

I missed the match on saturday as was playing local league myself, I've got lads in my football team who are 17 / 18 years old, who are/were too young to remember ever seeing Town beat City, that's hilarious in itself.

Edited by TheRock
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, TheRock said:

The most important stat is that we have four promotions from the Championship to the PL, two of which were league titles.

They have one runner-up trophy to the third tier which took them four seasons, which even we managed to better in one attempt.

Good point, overhauling Leeds when they had a 10 point lead was pretty satisfying, as compared to squeaking into 2nd when Wednesday messed it up towards the end...

Also wouldn't it be accurate to say that runner-up trophy is the only thing they've achieved in 20 years ?  I can't be bothered to look it up.

1 hour ago, JUBWICKS75 said:

And Messi played his whole career without once facing England, so what !!!!!

Look an Ipswich fan telling us how much he does not care about Norwich by.. Creating an account on a Norwich forum to tell us how little he cares?

Bit odd. Like one of those young female popstars who tells everyone how little they care about their ex to the point they make a song singing about their ex nonstop

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Look an Ipswich fan telling us how much he does not care about Norwich by.. Creating an account on a Norwich forum to tell us how little he cares?

Bit odd. Like one of those young female popstars who tells everyone how little they care about their ex to the point they make a song singing about their ex nonstop

I've been a member of this forum for 4 years, hardly a spontaneous reaction !

12 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

Good point, overhauling Leeds when they had a 10 point lead was pretty satisfying, as compared to squeaking into 2nd when Wednesday messed it up towards the end...

Also wouldn't it be accurate to say that runner-up trophy is the only thing they've achieved in 20 years ?  I can't be bothered to look it up.

They had a League Cup SF against at Arsenal in 2011(ish?), the season that Birms beat Arsenal when Kosielny (or however you spell it en francais!) dropped that howler in the final.

A cup which we have won twice, but if this is ever mentioned, then its disregarded as a 'mickey mouse' cup. But once your team is in the semis of it, then its a different story...

Edited by TheRock
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, JUBWICKS75 said:

Yes you're so unbothered that you replied straightaway LOL.  Are you intending to give all us City fans plenty of amusement ?

I should also break it to you that your photo looks like an Argentina shirt.

6 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

Yes you're so unbothered that you replied straightaway LOL.  Are you intending to give all us City fans plenty of amusement ?

I should also break it to you that your photo looks like an Argentina shirt.

It is an Argentina shirt, or multiple ones for some reason...

54 minutes ago, JUBWICKS75 said:

The funniest thing Jubbers, is you having to rewrite the script you had planned for here before your lot bottled it again...

Edited by nutty nigel
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, JUBWICKS75 said:

So you admit that you've been obsessed for 4 years............. okay.

11 hours ago, JUBWICKS75 said:

Whereas,if we sign up on your forum, we're banned in a week, echo chamber, or what?

11 hours ago, TheRock said:

They had a League Cup SF against at Arsenal in 2011(ish?), the season that Birms beat Arsenal when Kosielny (or however you spell it en francais!) dropped that howler in the final.

A cup which we have won twice, but if this is ever mentioned, then its disregarded as a 'mickey mouse' cup. But once your team is in the semis of it, then its a different story...

Such was their disdain for the League Cup that hardly anyone turned up v Arsenal in that semi-final. Actually, it was a sell-out, one of the rare occasions, since 2003. And as a measure of how long it has been since they won anything (trophy dodgers) Thatcher was PM last time they won anything. And their current manager was little more than an infant at that time.

2 hours ago, splendidrush said:

Whereas,if we sign up on your forum, we're banned in a week, echo chamber, or what?

Depends what your signing up for, a sensible discussion or the opposite!!

I'm sure if I made derogatory comments on here it'd be turfed off, especially as a Town fan !!!!

50 minutes ago, JUBWICKS75 said:

I'm sure if I made derogatory comments on here it'd be turfed off, especially as a Town fan !!!!

Maybe now, but last week? I doubt it ..

TWTD seems to have no interest in sensible discussion with Norwich fans, as soon as one is identified the calls for Phil to ban them are immediate no matter what they've posted...

On 19/12/2023 at 07:15, JUBWICKS75 said:

No, my Binnership, you can ask for the manager to be sacked, the board to be voted out, make derogatory comments about the ex-DoF, gripe and moan about the [OAP] owners and say Argos is the worst player we've ever had...all without fear of sanction by the Pink-Un mods.

However, start a non-football topic about flags 🤬 or the away ticket allocation system for exiles.

I can add the following 

Lionel Messi became the all time top scorer at Barcelona and set La Liga and European records for the most goals scored in a single season.

Messi won the Ballon d'Or 7 times.

Messi led Argentina to too many World Cup finals to count, finally winning it in 2022.

Also I can exclusively reveal over this time Messi never saw Ip**** beat Norwich.