Sign in to follow this  
BigEars

Good start Knapper

It really cant be easy to arrive at your new job and report to the wife of the guy that youve replaced because he was forced out.  Not to mention how the owners still seem to pine for old guy, and the ageing squad, huge debts and wage overspend.  But, 2 wins from 3, and perhaps a bit more mental toughness in the team.

We need to give him time and trust him rather than trying to force his hand.  Too much negativity toward Knapper at this point could see his project stumble before it begins.  Its going to take time - please let him have it.

• Like 2

Yes, if ever there was a poisoned chalice, this is it. The good news is that Knapper seems to have his head screwed on and MA sounds as if he's smart and won't allow things to deteriorate any further. In other words, we may at last have that professionalism we have needed for so long.

What do you think he might have done in the brief time he has been here in his off-pitch role that has affected the on-pitch performances?

Edited by littleyellowbirdie
  • Like 1

I'm not sure Webber was forced out, he'd already resigned last March.

Knapper is still finding his feet and it will take months for him to get near the level of Webber. He could have made a very big decision and sack Wagner, but his decision was he needed more time. That suggests to me he's going to be a bit of a slower burner.

Last week's AGM obviously took a lot of his focus and the side-show from Smith hasn't helped, but now he can get stuck into his strategy and that's the piece we all want to hear.

It feels like he can work well with Attanasio and his team, which is the main positive to take from this so far along with the possibility of strengthening the squad in January.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

What do you think he might have done in the brief time he has been here in his off-pitch role that has affected the on-pitch performances?

To quote somebody , I can’t remember who, we just don’t know  we just don’t know we just don’t know!

35 minutes ago, Justin time said:

To quote somebody , I can’t remember who, we just don’t know  we just don’t know we just don’t know!

Was it the same guy who told us there were "Known unknowns and unknown unknowns?

From some of the comments made by Attanasio at the AGM and in interviews afterwards I think Knapper is bypassing  Delia, MWJ and Zoe and reporting straight to him. A power shift is starting with Knapper and Attanasio running the show. Attanasio has his own business team back in the States working for him with Knapper running the football side of the business.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Blofield Canary said:

From some of the comments made by Attanasio at the AGM and in interviews afterwards I think Knapper is bypassing  Delia, MWJ and Zoe and reporting straight to him. A power shift is starting with Knapper and Attanasio running the show. Attanasio has his own business team back in the States working for him with Knapper running the football side of the business.

Exactly. I had the same chat with a friend the other day. I feel Smith and Co are just “there”. Attanasio and Knapper are cracking on with the work. What I like about Knapper so far is he doesn’t say much, unlike Webber. He appears more measured and less focused on himself as a figurehead. Hopefully it stays that way and he can get on with changing our fortunes on the grass.

2 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Got across to Wagner some proper analysis of the data? 

Looking back with hindsight someone (Knapper?) identified that Brizzle only had shortarses up front, so no need to play two big CB donkeys, hence picking McLean back there. Also Nunez alongside Sara seemed to be a result of further analysis of data and worked a charm.

I may be attributing too much to Knapper's influence, but that starting lineup came out of nowhere, maybe, just maybe it was down to him kicking Wagner's butt already.

2 hours ago, Trevor Hockey's Beard said:

Was it the same guy who told us there were "Known unknowns and unknown unknowns?

I don’t know. Did he also say something about 80/ 20 ?

12 minutes ago, Justin time said:

I don’t know. Did he also say something about 80/ 20 ?

All hail the Pareto principle.

1 hour ago, shefcanary said:

Got across to Wagner some proper analysis of the data? 

Looking back with hindsight someone (Knapper?) identified that Brizzle only had shortarses up front, so no need to play two big CB donkeys, hence picking McLean back there. Also Nunez alongside Sara seemed to be a result of further analysis of data and worked a charm.

I may be attributing too much to Knapper's influence, but that starting lineup came out of nowhere, maybe, just maybe it was down to him kicking Wagner's butt already.

You could be right. That QPR performance definitely suggested Knapper had raised the subject of goals against. Not sure what happened against Cardiff but you suspect a bit of cage rattling again ahead of Bristol City!