Sign in to follow this  
Bradwell canary

Please no panic appointments this time!

It clear that the appointment of Smith a few days after he was sacked was a bad move. A total knee jerk reaction.

Hopefully the new SD will ensure he has someone in mind before the present manager is sacked “by mutual agreement “

Loads of people and posters want him to go, but very few suggest a suitable appointment in his place.

Sacking  is dead easy, BUT hiring a replacement is the most difficult, and probably the biggest decision the SD will ever make, once made he will forever be judged on that decision for ever.

• Like 1

To be honest, as much as I think Wagner isn’t working out, I’d take more pleasure if I woke tomorrow to find that Knapper has sacked everyone who has been involved in player recruitment and is planning an overhaul of our recruitment team/process. That’s been where half our problem has come from. Give a good coach a carp squad and he’ll struggle. Give a bad coach a carp squad and he’ll struggle even more.

Its hard to give names as suggestions as we simply do not, as fans, know who is out there beyond the known names. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

To be honest, as much as I think Wagner isn’t working out, I’d take more pleasure if I woke tomorrow to find that Knapper has sacked everyone who has been involved in player recruitment and is planning an overhaul of our recruitment team/process. That’s been where half our problem has come from. Give a good coach a carp squad and he’ll struggle. Give a bad coach a carp squad and he’ll struggle even more.

Its hard to give names as suggestions as we simply do not, as fans, know who is out there beyond the known names. 

This.

I worked with an ex-capt of a men's national team and his motto was, "You can make chicken salad with chicken 5hit."

16 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

Still wouldn’t solve Wagner’s tactical incompetences. There’s rarely been a worse Norwich manager from his subs bench. 

18 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

Sounds bit fishy 😆 

8 minutes ago, S_81 said:

Still wouldn’t solve Wagner’s tactical incompetences. There’s rarely been a worse Norwich manager from his subs bench. 

Is it only Wagner’s tactical incompetence or also his assistants? - ultimately its a coaching team and the quiet German sitting in the dugout Bühler doesn’t seem to provide much tactical input even if  that’s his main role, and Hughes is just an angry loose cannon, as for Pèlach very hard to see any positive impact since he came in - so its not just Wagner its the lot of them. As we saw with Lambert - he was nothing without Culverhouse.

Edited by Helsinki canary
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

My big concern is that Heckingbottom is likely to be available on a freebie soon.

I think he’d be better than Wagner. Not my no1 pick though. 

I think we will have Wagner till mid January.  The fixture list is reasonably favourable till Christmas and I think we will get enough points to limp along and he will keep the job.  After Christmas it looks tough and that could be the end

There's certainly some low hanging fruit for Knapper to get started on; the current Head Coach can't possibly fit his ideals and he's already said the squad is too old. 

I can't help but think that squad development and a new Head Coach will be linked, but which transfer window?

I’ve mentioned him before we hired Wagner when he was at Union Berlin (maybe unrealistic then) but Urs Fischer has now left them and has no club. 
Would definitely get us organised and get the best out of our squad.

Next manager/coach whoever they maybe will be a risk.  But as appears from comments it is likely to be a risk worth taking.  Wagner along with Webber has extinguished any goodwill there may have been if any.  Poor tactics, poor recruitment and overall poor management not just playing staff we need an uplift in spirits however short that mught be.  It just might work to continus as currently will not get any better.  Wagner only praying for the axe to fall so he can get out with a little nest egg.  IN what is likely to be the swansong to his managerial career which has been pretty disastrous.  FFS put him and us out of our misery so we can look forward to next dilemma under Delia. 

What if Steve Cooper was sacked & we sacked Wagner, would it be a good appointment if we hired Cooper immediately after he was sacked? Or would it be history repeating itself, just like when we appointed Smith straight after he was sacked from Villa?