Sign in to follow this  
S_81

Knapper

12 minutes ago, S_81 said:

The only stand out here is that you are an utter fool 

A 'fool' who is aware that any sacking of our manager is not in the gift of the DoF. That decision is down to the board, a collective decision.  What is your reason for not knowing this ?

To paraphrase PG Wodehouse  "It has never been difficult to distinguish between a Binman with a grievance and a ray of sunshine. " and while we are on literary quotations, the words of Oscar Wilde come to mind  ""To post one inaccurate comment, may be regarded as a misfortune; to endlessly attack the club rather smacks of binnishness".

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, non-scoring strikers said:

Why ask someone on this forum this question?

They’re not the person in charge of appointing the manager.

They're also not the person in charge of sacking a manager. Maybe, just maybe, there are things we don't know and reasons why it makes sense not to sack him?

Don't get me wrong, I think he's rubbish and would welcome him being sacked, but to make such bold statements without the knowledge to back it up is the stereotypical reactionary rubbish and it's exactly this mentality why we sacked the best manager we have had for 30 years (in my opinion ever).

I’m interested in the subtle rejig of the management committee that seems to have taken place. Adams now is technical director and seems to have almost equal status to Knapper. So far, it doesn’t feel like Knapper has quite the same autonomy that Webber had. Have they subtly changed the sporting director role into a slightly more junior one with Zoe being more senior now? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

I’m interested in the subtle rejig of the management committee that seems to have taken place. Adams now is technical director and seems to have almost equal status to Knapper. So far, it doesn’t feel like Knapper has quite the same autonomy that Webber had. Have they subtly changed the sporting director role into a slightly more junior one with Zoe being more senior now? 

If true it's deeply worrying. Knapper feeling more and more like a glove puppet appointment and explains why the trio were all side by side at the game on Tuesday.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Zoe Webber, how the hell have we ended up with her calling the shots. We really are a joke and operate at levels well below our Championship status.

3 hours ago, ridgeman said:

I thought it must have been uncomfortable for him at Watford sitting next to Webbers wife. Was she there to advise him? Neil Adams should have been sitting next to her. It’s  all too comfortable for Mrs Webber.

If she really does earn that reported £500k a year then it’s certainly all too comfortable for her…

Well i must say i was quite impressed with how Ben Knapper presented himself tonight. He has walked into a terrible situation none of which was his own doing and as my old mate Fenway Frank has said he has only been in the job 18 days so cut him some slack. There is a mammoth job ahead with no quick fix all thanks to Stuart Webber.

Edited by TIL 1010
  • Like 3

43 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

...aka , theyve employed an amatuer 'yes man' who wont have final say in any decisions , whilst the cronies who were already there now have more power

Krapper bleats that he can’t make a decision as he has only been in the job for18 days. A two second glance at Wagner’s stats or 45 minutes watching the second half capitulation at Watford should convince even the slowest of Sporting Directors that something is rotten at this Club and something needs to change. Now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jim Smith said:

Based on Adams' quotes tonight if he has anywhere near the power that Knapper does we are in big trouble. There was a huge contrast between Adams saying January was a good opportunity to help improve the squad and Knapper saying the squad was at the end of a cycle and the age profile was too high. 

Looks nervous but when he stands up and speaks comes over very well. Early days, but appears to be a good acquisition.