Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

We CAN win all 7!.

I honestly believe we can win all our remaining games, despite what I''ve said in the past, we are the leagues inform team, don''t argue with me, argue with the results!.

All our rivals are stuttering now, but have we left it too late?.

I just don''t know.

But until the fat lady sings, we must, simply must, back the team, and yes, that includes Worthy as well, to do otherwise at this vital stage, would be very un Norwich supporter like.

Any fellow Worthy Outers care to join me and back the man now?.

I was very unsure about him, but over the last few games he has earned my full backing - at least until this season is over with. It may just be a blip but lets see if we can run with it. OTBC!

Not a hope in hell mate. Yes we are winning, but our performance, yet again, yesterday wasn''t the best. It is still possible, but I just can''t see us doing it, all it''s gonna take is another no show and it''s over.

we can win all 7 agreed.. but 1 simple fact has been overlooked... so can the 3 teams above us... Preston could even afford to lose to us and still end up in 6th place....

jas :)

Oh please!! The wind must have changed direction again !! If they lose the next 2 games you will want him out again,get a grip man!

WORTHY OUT!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

we can win all 7 agreed.. but 1 simple fact has been overlooked... so can the 3 teams above us... Preston could even afford to lose to us and still end up in 6th place....

[/quote]

Of course what you say is correct jas, but, and its a big BUT, Preston could lose the next 5 games as well, they have had a big drop in form of late, whereas we are the inform team.........offical!.

I''m staying positive, its much more fun being that way.

Maybe you should try it too.

[quote user="TwoSheds"]

Oh please!! The wind must have changed direction again !! If they lose the next 2 games you will want him out again,get a grip man!

WORTHY OUT!

[/quote]

I think the main point twosheds is to get behoind the team while we still have the play-offs to go for....  The worthy out stuff is going to have to wait until all chance is gone (ie the next defeat or draw)

I agree that they are all winnable, however one fact has been overlooked here! to win 7 in a row takes a consistent team. That is something we certainly are not! Will keep dreaming though.

[quote user="East Coast Canary"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Of course what you say is correct jas, but, and its a big BUT, Preston could lose the next 5 games as well, they have had a big drop in form of late, whereas we are the inform team.........offical!.

I''m staying positive, its much more fun being that way.

Maybe you should try it too.

[/quote]

and lets not forget Cardiff and Coventry both above us in the league and more likely to close the gap than we are should the Lilly whites/Plumbers fail.

Heres a thought what if we fail to get in the play-offs on goal difference, how bad will the team feel about all those pathetic embarrasing no shows!!

ECT says "I''m staying positive, its much more fun being that way."It''s true - last year I only lost hope when the fifth goal went in at the Cottage! However deluded that makes me, I know for a fact that I enjoyed the Prem season a hell of a lot more than many people I know. There''s time for realistic reflection at the end of the season - until then, wearing green''n''yella specs is much better for the old liver (kidleys, heart etc.).Jas - if we win all seven, that''s at least three points dropped by each of Cardiff, Wolves & Preston. Factor that into the table and the points difference to those teams becomes 2pts, 3pts & 4pts respectively. Those are the must-win games, get those results and it doesn''t look so far-fetched - especially with Preston facing a desperate Crewe, along with Norwich, Wolves & Leeds. What price at least another 4 points dropped?

Yes, we CAN win all 7, but we won''t because to win all 7 we will need to do more than play 10 minutes of decent football.

On Saturday we had two chances in the first half and scored with both of them. The first 20 minutes or so we were awful. In the second half we were awful for the first 15 minutes, couldn''t clear the ball at all. Then we played 10/15 minutes on the ground and we tore them apart, having one disallowed and a header off the post. Then we reverted to hoofing and we clung on.

My point is that we need to play like we did in that 10 minutes for an entire game- when will Worthy learn that playing long balls to midget strikers only works once in a blue moon.

Valid points - all of them - Tumbleweed, but the plea here is to put the realistic observations to one side until we''ve killed off our chances for good. Plenty of time for objectivism in a few weeks. I''m ready to jump on the bandwagon and get excited for the first time since August!This does have a little bit of the feel of the Play-Off year, when we unexpectedly caught Burnley on the last day, then turned Wolves over. The fact we could have a chance to beat Wolves and finish 6th just makes it feel all the more familiar.Obviously, we''re more likely to fail than succeed - but the chance remains, when I''d felt all chances were gone after the Palace debacle. What''s more, if my mate''s Glory Hornets clinch the second automatic spot, we''d get two more chances to lock horns with ''Colin'' and his ''blunts'' - how good would that be? [H]

I think in all honesty we have left it too late.We can''t afford any slip ups from here on in,and who can honestly say hand on heart that there is not a couple of Palace/Luton/QPR performances left in us!!

Point taken, Fat Barman. Roll on Friday and three sensational points away at Turf Moor, plus some more of those "understated" Earnie celebrations! Wow, I''m actually looking forward to a game................!!!

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]

Yes, we CAN win all 7, but we won''t because to win all 7 we will need to do more than play 10 minutes of decent football.

On Saturday we had two chances in the first half and scored with both of them. The first 20 minutes or so we were awful. In the second half we were awful for the first 15 minutes, couldn''t clear the ball at all. Then we played 10/15 minutes on the ground and we tore them apart, having one disallowed and a header off the post. Then we reverted to hoofing and we clung on.

My point is that we need to play like we did in that 10 minutes for an entire game- when will Worthy learn that playing long balls to midget strikers only works once in a blue moon.

[/quote]

So are you honestly suggesting that after watching us tear them apart for 10/15 minutes Nigel Worthington sent out orders to hit long balls?

Granted, but we also had a poorer line up IMO (Robinson injured, Safri went to Africa, no Johansson, only very brief glimpse of Leon, no Shackell) the differences are quite considerable. We were also in the process of losing Ashton, which didn''t exactly help team spirit to gel. As I''ve said, it is extremely unlikely but I don''t see any harm in hoping.  

We did much the same in ''82. Took off after Xmas and went all the way climaxing in one helluva afternoon at Hillsborough.

Game over, us held back in the ground and the Weds fans on the pitch taunting us. The belief with us was that Leicester had won at Shrewsbury, ergo we weren''t up.

That game was running late and it took a while before the news slowly filtered through that it was a 0-0 draw. Awesome response from us, so it ain''t over yet.

It might be the last round and yes we are behind on points but until we are flat out on the canvas I''m not giving up. The club hasn''t given up and the real fans never gave up.

This is what supporting City is about. Watch to see who is with us and who is against us cos if you''ve time to moan now then what the hell are you doing claiming to be a supporter of our club

[quote user="MadDan"]We did much the same in ''82. Took off after Xmas and went all the way climaxing in one helluva afternoon at Hillsborough. Game over, us held back in the ground and the Weds fans on the pitch taunting us. The belief with us was that Leicester had won at Shrewsbury, ergo we weren''t up. That game was running late and it took a while before the news slowly filtered through that it was a 0-0 draw. Awesome response from us, so it ain''t over yet. It might be the last round and yes we are behind on points but until we are flat out on the canvas I''m not giving up. The club hasn''t given up and the real fans never gave up. This is what supporting City is about. Watch to see who is with us and who is against us cos if you''ve time to moan now then what the hell are you doing claiming to be a supporter of our club[/quote]

since the revival - whoich surprisingly came when many fans started expressing extreme dissatisfaction with what was going on on the pitch - All fans have got together to push on for the last hurrah this season.  I see no reason why we can''t win all our games.  We have 4 relatively comfortable games against Leicester, QPR and Sheff Wed and then the three toughies....  As MadDan says it is possible.  If we do lose and the season is over that is now the time for consideration and reflection on this season and to decide how to move forward.  No matter who is in charge a right winger probably being the No 1 priority.....

If we were playing decent football you''d still be a looney.

We''re not. You''re insane. We might go close if the spirit is there, but

we''ll still miss by a mile and that was evident after the first two

home games, if not the close season friendlies that everyone said were

no indication of form. Really? Colchester? Shrimpers?

We dont seem to have moved on much.

" Really? Colchester? Shrimpers? "

Yep, those two have hardly set the football world alight have they.

Must be awful having to put up with misery guts such as TO7.

" Had a good day dear ?"

"No, we beat Sheff Utd and at this rate we might end up in the play offs and that will mean more games and then we might end up having to go all the waydown to Cardiff and what''s going to happen if we win there, eh ? You tell me ?

I''ll tell you. More bloody singing and cheering. More drunken idiots making a racket in my local. More of that cavorting in the street and people enjoying themselves. You don''t get that at ipswich. They sit quiet and behave themselves. Why can''t our fans be like that ? "

[quote user="MadDan"]" Really? Colchester? Shrimpers? " Yep, those two have hardly set the football world alight have they. Must be awful having to put up with misery guts such as TO7. " Had a good day dear ?" "No, we beat Sheff Utd and at this rate we might end up in the play offs and that will mean more games and then we might end up having to go all the waydown to Cardiff and what''s going to happen if we win there, eh ? You tell me ? I''ll tell you. More bloody singing and cheering. More drunken idiots making a racket in my local. More of that cavorting in the street and people enjoying themselves. You don''t get that at ipswich. They sit quiet and behave themselves. Why can''t our fans be like that ? "[/quote]

ok maddonkey, i think he was talking about pre-season crap form (losing and drawing at said sides) which in the end was a good pointer to a dire season - barring 7 wins on the bounce now...  I would love to go to cardiff but fear our next trip to cardiff is gonna be our last this season...  Hell we have lost more than we have won this season still - I don''t reckon you were expecting that in september...

Paul - I do try not to let your posts antagonise me, because you''ve shown, on more than one occasion, that you can be thoughtful and incisive in your comments. Unfortunately, you have some areas where your opinions don''t seem open to being swayed.You persist in claiming that any improvement is down to a reaction to protests. Whilst a little pressure was brought to bear, it would appear that some consideration should be given to the injuries and player absences, plus departures and arrivals during January, when considering the dip in form between the end of December and mid-February. It would seem more likely, to me, that the return to full fitness of Safri, Shackell, Robinson, Hughes & MacKenzie, coupled with the blending in of Earnshaw and Johansson would improve the run of results. Factor-in the effect of Deans stay-or-go transfer during January and it''s not so surprising (although still disappointing) that we failed to carry on from our 5 wins in December.With regards to your little spat with MadDan, I believe he was pointing out that Colchester & Southend have had great seasons. Pre-seaon games are purely for trying to get match-fit. Whilst the lower division teams like to put one over Norwich, you shouldn''t give any weight to actual results in these games - particularly as we were missing several midfield/defensive players. We''ve had good pre-seasons with crap league form following, in previous seasons and vice-versa, it means very little.By the way, you explained, a few months ago, that your rapid rise to the top of the posting league was due to a boring piece of software development that you were struggling to apply yourself to. Shouldn''t you be getting back to that now, or were you going to squeeze it in between the play-off final and the start of the World Cup? [:D]