Sign in to follow this  
stewfil

Good news

Former Chelsea and Everton manager Frank Lampard has emerged as the leading candidate to take over at League One club Oxford united 

Edited by stewfil
  • Haha 1

Currently 2nd in the table. Their manager left them to join Bristol City.

Not sure I believe the Oxford connection. Trouble is Lampard will be high profile wherever he goes and will never really get the space to develop as a manager.

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

Currently 2nd in the table. Their manager left them to join Bristol City.

Not sure I believe the Oxford connection. Trouble is Lampard will be high profile wherever he goes and will never really get the space to develop as a manager.

Oxfords manager was Norwich own Liam Manning, who until Oxford was relatively unimpressive in his playing  or managerial playing for clubs locally Leiston to Wroham, and managing MK Dons.

Although he’s been a breath of fresh air the groundwork was done by Robinson. 

Yes the owners are rich and ambitious wanting promotion and championship stability to build on the new ground. Unfortunately as FFP is a driver you’re not allowed to throw millions of pounds at it as the risk of failure is points deduction.

Lampard is a strange one, he should be a good coach, his professional career and experience should give him respect and knowledge! Yet at top level he’s really poor! Maybe at league 1 he might just find his feet and grow! But I doubt Oxford will appoint such a person and will go for the next lower league young coach doing well! I have one eye on John Mousinho back to Oxford from Pompy! Probably not but his Oxford connection is very strong!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Ambitious owners? What are they? Don't think I have heard of those

Erik Thohir former owner & chairman of Inter Milan & DC United and Anindya Bakrie a rich investment businessman owns a number of media businesses. Very wealthy and experienced pair.

17 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Ambitious owners? What are they? Don't think I have heard of those

They’re the ones who have generally bankrupted clubs around the country or caused them to float amongst the lower divisions for years on end.

3 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

They’re the ones who have generally bankrupted clubs around the country or caused them to float amongst the lower divisions for years on end.

?

13 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Thank goodness we have an old pair of geriatrics in charge then who are only now (and reluctantly) beginning to loosen control after 27 years!!