Sign in to follow this  
Jim Smith

Greg Broughton

I’m sure someone with more technical capability than me can do it but interesting Instagram post from Greg Broughton after the game at the weekend outlining the players who have come through for us since he left as a consequence of programmes he and others introduced when at the club. 

Makes very interesting reading. 

38 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

Are you referring to this?

Screenshot_20231106-134403.png

Yes. I have said on here before Broughton (who I think was treated shabbily) was a big loss when he was forced out. Virtually every one of our “crown jewells” was brought in under the previous academy regime, not the current one.

1 hour ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

The Alex Matos thing is strange. Surely Dean Smith must have known about his talent, and wanted to play him?

As I understand it, his pathway was to be pretty much on a parallel with Kamara and would have gotten first team minutes end of last season. However Chelsea had made their interest known and Matos (who is from London originally and also not stupid) made it clear that it was the route he was taking. 

Just one of those things, our academy can be as good as it gets but location + prestige will always play a role.

2 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

Yes. I have said on here before Broughton (who I think was treated shabbily) was a big loss when he was forced out. Virtually every one of our “crown jewells” was brought in under the previous academy regime, not the current one.

🎯

1 minute ago, canarydan23 said:

Another example of the brain-drain overseen by the Webbers.

Bonnie and Clyde. What a disaster this pair and many others are. ( the club ) is no longer a club it is a laughing stock. Why are B & C still here. 😡