Sign in to follow this  
ricardo

Ricardo's report v Blackburn

This will have to be short today as I am out for a pub lunch. The weather seemed ideal for a decent match but the omens weren't good from the start. Warner came in for the injured Gibson but the home defence looked jumpy from the off.

City pushed forward early but Rowe was blocked out and Rovers looked quite sharp on the break. Indeed it was some quick passing down their right that led to a smart ball inside which gave Dolan plenty of time to make a few strides before crashing a shot past the startled Long.

It was just the start a struggling side doesn't need and did nothing for the morgue like atmosphere that persisted for much of the match. The City defence was all at sea again in the 15th minute when Szmodics found himself totally unmarked and made easy work of tucking the ball past the advancing Long. The atmosphere now became positively funereal with most too bored to even boo.

I thought Nunez was making an effort and Hwang put himself about a bit but it was nowhere near enough.  The last mentioned finally Brought a save out of the Rovers keeper on the half-hour .Nunez got a header in a couple of minutes later but it was gathered easily by Whalstedt. The best chance fell to  Hernandez who connected well with Stacey's cut back but his low shot curled away from the post by a couple of feet.

At the other end Blackburn forged further chances but somehow City's ramshackle back line survived. Duffy was now the subject of boos whenever he touched the ball, somewhat unfairly in my opinion as he wasn't alone in having a poor game. Everything was as flat as a pancake and even the boots that greeted the halftime whistle were second rate.

I didn't expect much from the second half and any hopes of a comeback were stifled when Szmodics had a simple tap in for three nil on 50 minutes.

By now I was looking at my watch and wishing I'd booked an earlier lunch but some hope was revived when Hernandez was fouled when through and Rovers were reduced to ten. Wagner slung Placetta, Fassnacht and Sainz on and at least there was a bit of huffing and puffing about the opposition box. The keeper made a decent save from a header and the ball flashed about the Blackburn area a bit but nobody was expecting much and indeed we didn't get much. I missed Sara's goal in injury time as I was more interested in my lunch which has now arrived. so will end here.

Edited by ricardo
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

11 minutes ago, ricardo said:

This will have to be short today as I am out for a pub lunch. The weather seemed ideal for a decent match but the omens weren't good from the start. Warner came in for the injured Gibson but the home defence looked jumpy from the off.

City pushed forward early but Rowe was blocked out and Rovers looked quite sharp on the break. Indeed it was some quick passing down their right that led to a smart ball inside which gave Dolan plenty of time to make a few strides before crashing a shot past the startled Long.

It was just the start a struggling side doesn't need and did nothing for the morgue like atmosphere that persisted for much of the match. The City defence was all at sea again in the 15th minute when Szmodics found himself totally unmarked and made easy work of tucking the ball past the advancing Long. The atmosphere now became positively funeral with most too bored to even boo.

I thought Nunez was making an effort and Hwang put himself about a bit but it was nowhere near enough.  The last mentioned finally Brought a save out of the Rovers keeper on the half-hour .Nunez got a header in a couple of minutes later but it was gathered easily by Whalstedt. The best chance fell to  Hernandez who connected well with Stacey's cut back but his low shot curled away from the post by a couple of feet.

At the other end Blackburn forged further chances but somehow City's ramshackle back line survived. Duffy was now the subject of boos whenever he touched the ball, somewhat unfairly in my opinion as he wasn't alone in having a poor game. Everything was as flat as a pancake and even the boots that greeted the halftime whistle were second rate.

I didn't expect much from the second half and any hopes of a comeback were stifled when Szmodics had a simple tap in for three nil on 50 minutes.

By now I was looking at my watch and wishing I'd booked an earlier lunch but some hope was revived when Hernandez was fouled when through and Rivers were reduced to ten. Wagner slung Placetta, Fassnacht and Sainz on and at least there was a bit of huffing and puffing about the opposition box. The keeper made a decent save from a header and the ball flashed about the Blackburn area a bit but nobody was expecting much and indeed we didn't get much. I missed Sara's goal in injury time as I was more interested in my lunch which has now arrived. so will end here.

I was half expecting you to write one word Ricardo - "Sh*te."

Enjoy your grub.

OTBC

3 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

I was half expecting you to write one word Ricardo - "Sh*te."

Enjoy your grub.

OTBC

Believe me mate, I was sorely tempted.

The roast has been the best part of the day. I give the chef MOM.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, Number9 said:

The booing directed at Duffy was from the Blackburn fans.

Thanks  couldn't  be sure from my. At one stage though I thought I heard a bloke jangling his keys in tha Barclay it was so quiet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Yes it really was a morgue and everyone too accepting of another poor performance to even boo.  What annoyed me was their third goal.  All our players up for a corner leaving no one back, as Aarons always did, they break away and score.  The same thing happened in a previous home match when we had a corner.

4 minutes ago, Myra Hawtree said:

Yes it really was a morgue and everyone too accepting of another poor performance to even boo.  What annoyed me was their third goal.  All our players up for a corner leaving no one back, as Aarons always did, they break away and score.  The same thing happened in a previous home match when we had a corner.

It's yet another low point to go through Myra, let's hope it doesn't go on for ages.

I've heard quieter morgues and the stadium was a complete vacuum.... "In Carrow Road, no one can hear you scream!"....The exodus well before the full-time whistle was really quite astounding....I stayed until the bitter end because I may have sado-masochistic tendencies.....Or maybe that I'm just a saddo?....Quite a lotta unoccupied seats during the game even more empty pews were evident 20 minutes from the end....

Worse still....I couldn't even be bothered to go to the pub after!.....

Hope u enjoyed your pub lunch ricardo and it alleviated some pain from our pitiful performance.... 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

I've heard quieter morgues and the stadium was a complete vacuum.... "In Carrow Road, no one can hear you scream!"....The exodus well before the full-time whistle was really quite astounding....I stayed until the bitter end because I may have sado-masochistic tendencies.....Or maybe that I'm just a saddo?....Quite a lotta unoccupied seats during the game even more empty pews were evident 20 minutes from the end....

Worse still....I couldn't even be bothered to go to the pub after!.....

Hope u enjoyed your pub lunch ricardo and it alleviated some pain from our pitiful performance.... 

Even Webber wasn't in his usual pew if indeed he was there at all. He could probably think of better things to do.

It must have been bad if it put you off your post-match imbibing.

1 hour ago, ricardo said:

It was just the start a struggling side doesn't need and did nothing for the morgue like atmosphere that persisted for much of the match. The City defence was all at sea again in the 15th minute when Szmodics found himself totally unmarked and made easy work of tucking the ball past the advancing Long. The atmosphere now became positively funeral with most too bored to even boo.

By now I was looking at my watch and wishing I'd booked an earlier lunch but some hope was revived when Hernandez was fouled when through and Rovers were reduced to ten. Wagner slung Placetta, Fassnacht and Sainz on and at least there was a bit of huffing and puffing about the opposition box. The keeper made a decent save from a header and the ball flashed about the Blackburn area a bit but nobody was expecting much and indeed we didn't get much. I missed Sara's goal in injury time as I was more interested in my lunch which has now arrived. so will end here.

Duffy was being booed by the Blackburn fans. 

50 minutes ago, Myra Hawtree said:

It was a free kick exactly the same as the Leeds game.  

6 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Even Webber wasn't in his usual pew if indeed he was there at all. He could probably think of better things to do.

I didn't see Webbo today or when we played against Boro anywhere in the Directionless Box?....Maybe he was dressed incognito mixin' with the singlies an' them sad divorcees in the Snakey Pity?.....Y'know hidin' in plain sight an' all that?....

Yeah no beer after match was definitely a miss....but I was out on the lash and got quite hooped last night...and today I had a constant uncomfortable repeating dull thud in my cerebral fore-brain....and compounded with witnessing an abject display by blokes ambling around in yellow shirts didn't give me any succour and comfort....So home I am and wallowing in my own self-pity....after watching quite a sh!tty City....(shoulda been a poet an' don'tcha know it)....Ho Hum....

The booing definitely came from the visitors… felt sorry for Duffy as I felt that he was trying so hard but sadly let down by his fellow defenders. Don’t understand the rationale in taking him off to be replaced by McLean and letting Batth on the bench. Doesn’t make any sense to me.

48 minutes ago, S27 said:

The booing definitely came from the visitors

A former player who left Blackburn as Brighton came calling, the week before he departed he scored three own goals and got sent off, no wonder they don't like him.

1 hour ago, S27 said:

The booing definitely came from the visitors… felt sorry for Duffy as I felt that he was trying so hard but sadly let down by his fellow defenders. Don’t understand the rationale in taking him off to be replaced by McLean and letting Batth on the bench. Doesn’t make any sense to me.

We looked 100% better when he went off

3 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Webber was there

Saw him climbing into the Captain Canary suit

1 minute ago, daly said:

We looked 100% better when he went off

Yes, but upon reflection it was against ten men. There was an attempt to get the crowd going when Plachetta had a couple of decent runs and crosses but I don't think anything really got up to the required pace. I get it that the players are lacking confidence but this slide has to be arrested soon. What is badly needed more than anything is a clean sheet. Today the game was over after a quarter of an hour.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Yes, but upon reflection it was against ten men. There was an attempt to get the crowd going when Plachetta had a couple of decent runs and crosses but I don't think anything really got up to the required pace. I get it that the players are lacking confidence but this slide has to be arrested soon. What is badly needed more than anything is a clean sheet. Today the game was over after a quarter of an hour.

Watching it on the TV, the commentators tried to make out we had improved because of the substitutions and in one respect they were close. But in reality the ten men had nothing to play for except a clean sheet. So while Placheta looked enterprising and we had many shots at goal and on target, apart from a few crosses, nothing happened in the area. I watched Hwang cl9sel and he very rarely got into the six yard box.

• Like 1