Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Covid enquiry today

Available to watch live on YouTube from 10.00 am. 

Witnesses today are Dominic Cummings and Lee Cain. Extra large bag of popcorn required. 

Edited by dylanisabaddog
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A few Jimmy Hill moments yesterday so today should be "good". I feel for the people that lost family members, this can't be easy to see.

11 minutes ago, Herman said:

A few Jimmy Hill moments yesterday so today should be "good". I feel for the people that lost family members, this can't be easy to see.

He says he can only speculate as to why he turned on disappearing messages. I can't help thinking that will result in everyone else speculating for him. 

One of the many lessons to be learned is that WhatsApp isn't suitable for Government communication. 

Edited by dylanisabaddog
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

He says he can only speculate as to why he turned on disappearing messages. I can't help thinking that will result in everyone else speculating for him. 

One of the many lessons to be learned is that WhatsApp isn't suitable for Government communication. 

I see Nicola Sturgeon is also alleged to have deleted all of her Whatsapp messages related to the pandemic.

39 minutes ago, Herman said:

What was her excuse for doing that? 

Not sure she’s given one.  Seems to be keeping quiet on the matter, despite having stated in 2021 that she’d be prepared to hand them over to an enquiry.

Apparently in one message she referred to Johnson as "that f*****' English ****. Allegedly. 

Can't see the problem myself. Although I'd have preferred' Eton' to 'English'.

• Like 2

I've been watching Lee Cain give evidence since 10.00. It was worse than anyone could possibly imagine. What he is effectively saying is that Johnson made things worse. Sunak doesn't come out of it particularly well. 

I didn't lose anyone to Covid. If I had I would be furious watching this. 

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I've been watching Lee Cain give evidence since 10.00. It was worse than anyone could possibly imagine. What he is effectively saying is that Johnson made things worse. Sunak doesn't come out of it particularly well. 

I didn't lose anyone to Covid. If I had I would be furious watching this. 

Some of the actual language used in the WhatsApp message feels quite alarming really.

It's not for the feint hearted some of this.

• Like 1

I thought yesterday was bad enough. Not only the information disclosed but the running for cover by those disclosing it. We knew Johnson was bad but the last two days have revealed that he was exactly the charlatan we suspected and incompetent to be an MP let alone PM.

Surely people must now realise that if he could lie about people's lives and be responsible for many avoidable deaths, then he was completely capable of lying about Brexit etc.

If anyone listens to the overprivileged, lying rat on GB News then they are as barmy as him.

• Thanks 2

Cain and now Cummings - It's like playing battleships sinking the Johnson / Tory aircraft carrier if it hadn't been so serious.

i.e - Direct hit (of many).

"Boris Johnson said he agreed that 'we should let the old people get it [coronavirus] and protect others' from national lockdown [On Covid fatalities] 'The median age is 82-81 for men & 85 for women. That is above life expectancy. So get covid and live l longer"

That would of been most of the elderly and Tory voters done for!

Abandon ship (Many Tory MPs already are).

• Sad 1

Absolutely extraordinary hearing today although the Barrister questioning Cummings appears out of his depth. He clearly doesn't like Cummings and it has clouded his judgement. 

Nevertheless, Hancock has been accused of lying and it was considered best by all concerned if Johnson wasn't recalled from holiday in February 2020. Quite simply they thought he would make it worse. 

Cummings also decided to keep Johnson away from Nicola Sturgeon and suggest Gove spoke to her instead. 

I actually felt a glimmer of sympathy for Cummings today. I must be coming down with something. 

Edited by dylanisabaddog
  • Haha 2

We knew that Johnson very rarely attended Cobra meetings but that he took holidays and they didn't want him back is going to be embarrassing when he blusters and waffles.

I suppose he can write another book and tell people he didn't knowingly want to be a useless idiot.

11 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

We knew that Johnson very rarely attended Cobra meetings but that he took holidays and they didn't want him back is going to be embarrassing when he blusters and waffles.

I suppose he can write another book and tell people he didn't knowingly want to be a useless idiot.

His book about Churchill was described by one critic as the best example of copy and paste that she'd ever seen. 

• Haha 1

Watched Cummings giving evidence for an hour , going over the messages he sent out to No 10 staff and advisers. Think I heard more fs and c words than in the entire Derek and Clive Live tapes. Astonishing to think all this was going on while the rest of us were sitting quietly at home.

12 minutes ago, MooreMarriot said:

Watched Cummings giving evidence for an hour , going over the messages he sent out to No 10 staff and advisers. Think I heard more fs and c words than in the entire Derek and Clive Live tapes. Astonishing to think all this was going on while the rest of us were sitting quietly at home.

Sounds like it was all going on while Johnson was sat quietly at home.

• Haha 1

Apparently they held a "Spot the Difference" competition at one of the Downing Street pi*ss ups. The winner was the guy who spotted there was no difference:

johnsoncunt33333 copy.jpg

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, MooreMarriot said:

I listened to it on 5 Live, they constantly had to chip in and apologise for the language. I admit to being a sewer mouth at times but I actually found it rather uncomfortable.

I just don't know what to think about government now, all trust is lost. I dread to think what would happen if we ever have a war situation in this country ever again.

Did anyone get the bit where he said Johnson was acting like there was ‘ corruption ‘ the way he was working with the newspapers.

And on the 12/3 BJ thought it might be an idea to announce that we should be having ‘ old style chicken pox parties ‘ except with covid.

For those who don’t trust Cummings all he is repeating is what all the other high ranking people were also saying at the enquiry.

Looking forward to seeing the fab 4 on this thread, who told us Johnson knew exactly what he was doing and called us ( using Cummings words ) F*** wits for claiming that he didn’t know what he was doing.

Based on the evidence to date, surely there will be questions soon as to if Johnson should face criminal charges.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Sounds like it was all going on while Johnson was sat quietly at home.

The overriding impression from the evidence from Cain and Cummings today was that they did everything they could to keep Johnson away from it. They deliberately didn't recall him from holiday in February 2020,admitting that they were frightened of what he may say. And Cummings kept Johnson away from Sturgeon and sent Gove to see her instead. 

As for Cummings, he was unpleasant and abusive about virtually everyone he worked with but it appears that he never paused to consider that he might have been the problem. 

Ultimately the responsibility for what happened lays squarely with Johnson and the people who voted for him. 

• Like 2

"We told you so" is never as pleasing as you think it will be. And for shame on the journalists that sold us or turned a blind eye to these utter frauds, charlatans and incompetents.

• Like 1

I had it on for 30minutes toward the end of yesterday and regardless of what was said I found it suspect that Cummings was asked to give shorter answers as they were getting towards the end of the day.

The only thing we can guarantee about the behaviour of a Big Dog is that it will leave massive piles of sh*t in its wake that someone else will have to clear up

Johnsoncunt223322.jpg

• Haha 1

So much attention deflected from the main issues by endless repetition of expletive-filled texts.  Tells us nothing we don't already know.

Read between the lines though, and it's obvious that Johnson thought there was a real chance of UK defaulting on its debt repayments if there was a shutdown.  That speaks volumes.  The UK was on the brink of going bust.  And in all likelihood it still is.  No wonder the Truss/Kwarteng mini-budget was such a disaster.

Edited by benchwarmer
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Well b back said:

Did anyone get the bit where he said Johnson was acting like there was ‘ corruption ‘ the way he was working with the newspapers.

And on the 12/3 BJ thought it might be an idea to announce that we should be having ‘ old style chicken pox parties ‘ except with covid.

For those who don’t trust Cummings all he is repeating is what all the other high ranking people were also saying at the enquiry.

I watched quite a chunk yesterday, and yes, Cummings is Cummings, with axes to grind etc. But quite a few of his answers were usefully informative, in that he would be asked a kind of yes/no question about a decision and would go beyond that to give the context. And not always to burnish his role.

• Like 1

Slightly more bogged down today but Mrs Karaoke herself, MacNamara made it clear Boris was not in charge and wasn't capable of being a leader anyway.

2 hours ago, horsefly said:

The only thing we can guarantee about the behaviour of a Big Dog is that it will leave massive piles of sh*t in its wake that someone else will have to clear up

Johnsoncunt223322.jpg

Dangerous dog - American XL PM bully  - can we muzzle him and his like please?

Needs castrating as well ?

Edited by Yellow Fever
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

I watched quite a chunk yesterday, and yes, Cummings is Cummings, with axes to grind etc. But quite a few of his answers were usefully informative, in that he would be asked a kind of yes/no question about a decision and would go beyond that to give the context. And not always to burnish his role.

Indeed, incriminating himself at times.

I saw somebody mention earlier ‘ not a lot we didn’t already know ‘. I’m going to dispute that one major thing was, we all knew he said at first lockdown let the bodies pile high, but I never realised at second lockdown he said ‘ let the elderly accept their fate ‘. See he was happy to get treatment to save his life.

I think todays was even more incriminating, and that was just the actual pandemic revelations, the way they acted, especially to women was horrifying.

As well as Johnson, I think the nails were beginning to be hammered in on the Hancock coffin today.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Dangerous dog - American XL PM bully  - can we muzzle him and his like please?

Needs castrating as well ?

Should be a banned breed.