KiwiScot

****Official Lappinitup Match Thread- SunderlandvNorwich****

He's  reduced to perming any 11 from 15 and hoping something changes. In my experience when it gets to this stage it just makes things worse. I never like to call for the manager to lose his job but in this case there is little  choice.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Wagner really just said it was an ok away performance, we just conceded from individual errors. 🤷🤷 I give up. 

I mean in isolation looking at this game he’s kind of right (well ignoring the fact he put those players in those positions) but in context of our season it’s not isolated and that’s on him.

6 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

Wagner on Radio Norfolk just now.

He said it was an ok away performance. Defeat was due to individual mistakes in defence and players not taking chances up front.

Yet somehow he persevered with a defence that everyone could see was not good enough.

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

As caretaker yes, but I do fear he may be part of the problem.

Knapper should make his own mind up and I would be surprised if the thought isn't firmly in his mind that very soon he has to make a decision on Head Coach and may already have a name in mind.

If we can get an equivalent of a McKenna from Arsenal then we won't do too bad.

I’ve said it elsewhere but I worry any appointment made this season before Knapper has a chance to define the long term plan and start working on it has the potential to be tainted and not break this cycle of failing management.

Maybe Pelach till May is too big an ask but I think whoever takes charge for this season should be temporary personally. We just need someone to steady the ship at this point.

• Like 1

There were defensive mistakes but the root cause of them was structural issues causing a lack of protection from midfield and asking our limited players to play a style beyond their ability.

I feel sorry for Wagner to be honest. He has his style and he was hired to implement it here but due to the fact we have to sell and release players every year and can only replace them with free transfers or spend significantly less than our income because of 'running costs' he doesn't have a team capable of playing his way. 

With our extremely limited budget we're much better off hiring a more pragmatic manager who plays a style who suits the players he has instead of hiring a manager like Wagner who has one style and trying to sign players to make that approach work. But i don't think the fans or the owners would go for someone like that, we seem obsessed with the idea of having a philosophy and clear playing style but the fact is with our budget unless we pull of a couple of miracle signings again like Pukki/Buendia we can't afford to play that way. We can't even afford to attempt to sign a Buendia anymore either, 2/3m is well out of budget so it's unlikely that we'll find that special player to make us tick. 

If the ownership model isn't going to change then we need to change the way we operate on the pitch because it's just not working. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, baldy09 said:

Elliot on radio Norfolk stated city has lost there desire ?

But he forgot that they are following the Sporting Director and only giving 90%.

1 hour ago, unique said:

Sunderland throwing on 16yr olds….

And ours aren’t ready till they have passed 20!

21 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

I’ve said it elsewhere but I worry any appointment made this season before Knapper has a chance to define the long term plan and start working on it has the potential to be tainted and not break this cycle of failing management.

Maybe Pelach till May is too big an ask but I think whoever takes charge for this season should be temporary personally. We just need someone to steady the ship at this point.

Neil Adams can step in temporarily and see us through to end of November. 

If Wagner is sacked is there anything to pay on his rolling contract? If he leaves by Mutual consent can we afford that?

Relegation form on the current trajectory 

On 28/10/2023 at 16:49, S_81 said:

They are. MA agreed to vote with them on decision making - despite the joint shareholding. They are calling the shots. Don’t think otherwise 

I'm not. They still aren't 'the owners'. And they are not calling ALL the shots... 

On 28/10/2023 at 18:11, ridgeman said:

But he forgot that they are following the Sporting Director and only giving 90%.

Really need to drop the 90% thing, makes our fans look stupid for being unable to understand what was actually said.

• Like 1

On 28/10/2023 at 18:37, Morph said:

If Wagner is sacked is there anything to pay on his rolling contract? If he leaves by Mutual consent can we afford that?

Relegation form on the current trajectory 

Presumably he would still get his monthly salary for another 12 months.

Don't forget we're still paying Webber's salary too until March and Knapper's from November.

I think we can afford it if we have too.

On 28/10/2023 at 17:00, TheBaldOne66 said:

Yes they are, Ig hasn’t been officially ratified yet! 

And in any case they were when they allowed that **** Webber to ruin this club!

How the **** can you keep ****inv defending them? 

Lol. Leep of faith fail here. Point on the post where I am defending them.

Now point to the Anglia News interview where I said it's time for them to step aside with Attanasio and co here.

This sums up the idiocy and lack of thought that I so often speak about when it comes to angry entitled people and 'fans' on here/social media.

Actually consider what you are wanting to say before angrily typing and hitting submit. You're less likely to make baseless accusations which in turn paint you into a corner of being incredibly unreliable when it comes to having a reasoned opinion.

• Haha 1

On 28/10/2023 at 17:01, cambridgeshire canary said:

Breaking news; TNC have turned and are Wagner out! That has to be it. He's gone.

Are we saying they have the same use as a corner flag? 😄

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, chicken said:

I'm not. They still aren't 'the owners'. And they are not calling ALL the shots... 

Well they’re voting in tandem on some matters. And agreed as such. On day to day matters I very much hope that someone does have an objection to the decision making of Delia and hubby. It’s proved to be poor in recent times 

Edited by S_81

2 hours ago, S_81 said:

Well they’re voting in tandem on some matters. And agreed as such. On day to day matters I very much hope that someone does have an objection to the decision making of Delia and hubby. It’s proved to be poor in recent times 

As I've explained on another thread, Attanasio and the Director who he appoints can object, but Delia & Michael with Nepo Tom would still out vote them on team matters as Zoe would probably demur to them as well. The question is whether Attanasio threatens to pull the plug on the cash he has leant, that is the key thing moving forward and the main leverage he has at Board level.

• Like 1