Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Maguire, Phillips, Henderson..

Phillips I get. We don't have many players in his style. No idea why Ward-Prowse isn't in there over Henderson though, or why we're calling up 6 players who are primarily central defenders.

We have the best front six, with extras available, in world football but once again 6 central defenders, a full back in midfield and three defensive midfielders ready to play in an ultra defensive system.

Playing to our strengths?

After seeing his amazing impact at Real Madrid, Southgate should really be building the team around Jude Bellingham.

37 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

I DO !

I reckon you're in the minority these days. 48 team world cup on the horizon. Only have to observe the rugby world cup to see how boring that will be.

• Like 2

Must admit I enjoyed the mid-season World Cup, one of the best for a long while.

It was way better than watching Smithball.

10 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Must admit I enjoyed the mid-season World Cup, one of the best for a long while.

It was way better than watching Smithball.

Haha bad comparison.

The world Morris dancing dance off held more excitement than the Dean Smith era.

So if course the world cup was genuinely a good one... Although the only way Qatar will ever qualify again will be through hosting so I hope they enjoyed their 10 minutes.

Actually including the likes of Qatar and Saudi reminds me of the YouTube clip of the clearly overweight son of a Chinese owned club getting first team starts cos his dad owns the team.

We all laughed at that, but somehow we are meant to take the middle east seriously when it comes to sport because they are throwing so much money around.

Football is so corrupt these days , I dont quite want to get into conspiracy theory football yet but it's getting close with the fixtures and shut door policy to promoted undesirables. 

I can genuinely see myself disengaging with the sport within the next 10 years.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheDarkKnight said:

Domestic football isn't exactly at its peak:

PSG, Bayern Munich, Manchester City dominate their leagues. 

Barcelona and Real Madrid are the weakest they've been in decades 

Serie A is a shadow of its former self. 

At least with international football teams can't buy their way to success.

Fair point

Although the daily mail and sun name the England team and in form players are over looked for names 

Edited by Nexus_Canary

11 hours ago, mannings bandy legs said:

I reckon you're in the minority these days. 48 team world cup on the horizon. Only have to observe the rugby world cup to see how boring that will be.

The Rugby World Cup is ludicrous. We're a month into it, still in the group stages and there have been 10 games where the victor has won by 50 points or more. Its barely worth thinking about until the quarter finals.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, king canary said:

The Rugby World Cup is ludicrous. We're a month into it, still in the group stages and there have been 10 games where the victor has won by 50 points or more. Its barely worth thinking about until the quarter finals.

And either Scotland or Ireland will go out tonight but England will probably get to the semi final. The whole thing is a fiasco. 

13 hours ago, Pyro Pete said:

After seeing his amazing impact at Real Madrid, Southgate should really be building the team around Jude Bellingham.

Bellingham will soon be the best player in the world. Add Rice, Foden, Saka and Maddison and England could soon be a top 4 team. Probably 3 defensive players short at the moment.