6 minutes ago, Indy said:

Now I might be scolded for this but I really think he could do a decent job! Is he available on a free?

Looks like it. History looks a right mess. Released by Cardiff I think.

His injury record is appalling. Hasn't completed a full season for 8 years?!

9 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Looks like it. History looks a right mess. Released by Cardiff I think.

His injury record is appalling. Hasn't completed a full season for 8 years?!

Sounds like he’s exactly what we bring in then! 👍

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, CANARYKING said:

Once we know Josh’s injury looked serious we should have pushed for a Premier League loan

Er, Hwang is on loan from Forest!

25 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Er, Hwang is on loan from Forest!

But never actually played for them in the PL.

I am slightly disappointed in this boy so far, and although it is admittedly a bit early in the day to make a proper assessment his impact has been negligible. We were never led to believe that he would be the new messiah, but we were told that he possessed similar attributes to Sargent and that he would therefore be a decent stand in. However, nothing of the sort has materialised so far. Actually this signing reminds me of that of Elmander, who had his moments but overall provided poor value for money.

It seems that I am not the only one prematurely casting an eye on our youth prospects.

Edited by BroadstairsR

4 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

I am slightly disappointed in this boy so far, and although it is admittedly a bit early in the day to make a proper assessment his impact has been negligible. We were never led to believe that he would be the new messiah, but we were told that he possessed similar attributes to Sargent and that he would therefore be a decent stand in. However, nothing of the sort has materialised so far. Actually this signing reminds me of that of Elmander, who had his moments but overall provided poor value for money.

It seems that I am not the only one prematurely casting an eye on our youth prospects.

I really don't know what to make of him yet. You'd have thought he'll get at least 30 mins today and hopefully an incremental improvement on what we've seen so far.

However I would say Sainz and Lima are looking very decent - a good bit of recruitment there. I'm hoping Hwang shows similar promise soon.

25 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Experienced PL strikers available to loan probably in limited supply though. I think the real issue is not already having a second striker who could step up to cover Sarge in the squad already (Barnes filling a different role and Idah not being ready).

1 hour ago, BroadstairsR said:

Big chance for Hwang today if he starts mind, which I get the feeling he will.

Going into the game potentially with Hwang and Idah as our main two. It's a huge opportunity for both. We will now find out just how good Idah is. This is the biggest six months of his career.

4 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

I really don't know what to make of him yet. You'd have thought he'll get at least 30 mins today and hopefully an incremental improvement on what we've seen so far.

However I would say Sainz and Lima are looking very decent - a good bit of recruitment there. I'm hoping Hwang shows similar promise soon.

Sainz and Lima both looked like top players last night but not strikers. Lima has fantastic midfield skills and Sainz is more of a wide player. Both have a fantastic shot so maybe will contribute goals.