Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

I May Have Found A New Stick.

11 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

You had to do 10. So close. 

Indeed Duncan that may well have been the case had the meetings not come to a halt once McNasty arrived on the scene.

On 11/09/2023 at 17:11, Google Bot said:

It's in the terms when you take out a season ticket that you'll get refund for the remainder minus £25.  So it is consistent.

Whether it's 'right', I don't know - but it is in the terms as my friend broke up with his wife after she done the dirty, so he cancelled hers, and got the standard £25 charge.  Embarrassingly they had to get her to confirm in writing for it to be cancelled as they wouldn't do so initially.

I guess there's more of a process than just replacing the single ticket?

Edit: The doc is online actually:

https://files.canaries.co.uk/canaries/SeasonTicketsConditionsOfIssue.pdf

Section 3.4

They asked her to confirm that she had shagged someone other than her husband?

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

They asked her to confirm that she had shagged someone other than her husband?

It's a long story, but no, they just wanted her confirmation but things were very bitter between them both and it seemed petty with everything going on, but he was adamant that she wasn't having it, and she refused to give it back to him directly, and the club wouldn't cancel it on his say so.

Situation was not helped by the fact that she took her 'friend' who sat in his seat when he was away with work and were all over each other, which started the suspicion after a fellow supporter tipped him off. 

He started tracking her phone after that and everything came to light, poor ****.

1 hour ago, Google Bot said:

It's a long story, but no, they just wanted her confirmation but things were very bitter between them both and it seemed petty with everything going on, but he was adamant that she wasn't having it, and she refused to give it back to him directly, and the club wouldn't cancel it on his say so.

Situation was not helped by the fact that she took her 'friend' who sat in his seat when he was away with work and were all over each other, which started the suspicion after a fellow supporter tipped him off. 

He started tracking her phone after that and everything came to light, poor ****.

And maybe her 'friend' hadn't purchased even a Club Membership? 

Either way there must have been a clear breach on either the part if the jilted husband or the Club concerning non application of section 2.13 of the season ticket T&C's re written permission for a guest attendee failing to be secured. Can he claim his £25 back accordingly? @TIL 1010 did find a new stick after all. I unconditionally withdraw Mr. Plagiarism.

Edited by essex canary

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Indeed Duncan that may well have been the case had the meetings not come to a halt once McNasty arrived on the scene.

FONCY 10year.JPG

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MrFruit said:

FONCY 10year.JPG

Did FONCY make it to 12 or 13 years @MrFruit?

I remember the AGM in 2008 because we played an Arsenal side after and I watched it with Arrdee in the directors box. I'm sure there was another in 2009.

9 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Did FONCY make it to 12 or 13 years @MrFruit?

I remember the AGM in 2008 because we played an Arsenal side after and I watched it with Arrdee in the directors box. I'm sure there was another in 2009.

The dinner was hosted by the NCFC directors with FONCY committee as guests. Only about 12 people in total in an executive box. I think it was 12years  before McN made it untenable. Yes we liked to host the AGM’s at either youth or reserve matches. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

More likely one of those shiny metal bottle opener thingies they bunged in the away members box.

Exquisitely crafted in finest Sheffield ( OK Chinese ) steel to be admired and cherished for generations to come.

Neckties was the other favourite with the AD group. Never was very female oriented. That is why written permission is required for females to take their men on the side to Carrow Road ( see section 2.13 of T&Cs). Got to make up for the lack of camels somehow.

On 12/09/2023 at 19:12, TIL 1010 said:

That was an unnecessarily brutal act. Filed away somewhere I still have the relevant Foncy accounts, which tell the story in numbers.

18 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

That was an unnecessarily brutal act. Filed away somewhere I still have the relevant Foncy accounts, which tell the story in numbers.

Numbers, that is a better way to tell it. Absolutely agree about McNasty.

17 hours ago, essex canary said:

Oh no!. @TIL 1010 and I were relying on that fence. At least he can't sit on it anymore.

No fence sitting from me over anything especially when it comes to your nonsense.

16 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

No fence sitting from me over anything especially when it comes to your nonsense.

Then you must concede that the Club only has one reasonable response to the £25 that was levied following the marital incident. That being that club policy would require a refund to whoever paid it on the grounds that clearly the Club should never have permitted the elicit guest attendance as it never received any written request in accordance with section 2.13 of the regs.

On 11/09/2023 at 17:19, lake district canary said:

I'm shocked too, but this is the way of the world. Many businesses rip off customers in the way of admin charges but I would expect better from NCFC.  This is bad PR for the club and I'm surprised - it's not as if there is any shortage of takers to buy them again.

We live in an age of being ripped off, it's been like it for years, but it's getting worse - just look at the way banks fall over themselves to put up interest rates for lenders, but don't do it for savers, which always used to happen. 

£25 doesn't seem much to some people, but it is a lot if you are struggling to pay bills, which many people are. I'm disgusted, frankly. The club needs to make money, but admin charges are often just another way to make a few quid - and in this case, out of hard up fans.

So you agree with me that Delia is no good, right?

43 minutes ago, Big Vince said:

So you agree with me that Delia is no good, right?

Hold your horses. On this occasion there may be something to question, but don't start with the "everything she does is rubbish stuff" with me.  Running a football club is full of pitfalls and a mixture of good and bad stuff. 

Imo, this is wrong, particularly in this case where £75 is being lost by one family through fairly arbitrary "admin costs", which while are commonly applied throughout business, are always a bit of a sham and easy way of making a few extra bucks out of customers. 

At the end of the day it's about balance, but in this case I would hope the club recognises it is not good PR to penalise fans if they have to return season tickets, particularly when they can easily be sold on afterwards and the most common reason for returning them being not able to carry on affording them.