Sign in to follow this  
Yobocop

Yobocop’s Big Post of the Week - Most prized NCFC possession

A 1930 Pinkun from City's record win 10-2 v Coventry

A complete set of all the Pinkuns from the 1959 FA Cup run.

Lots of other stuff that Mrs R has tried to chuck out on numerous occassions.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Did you then go to Villa Park for the second replay? Got hammered and yet I thought  Keelan was our MOM. We went on the train back in the days of football specials. I remember waiting for for the train back was a tad scary...

Unfortunately I didn't go to Villa Park. In fact I missed the Saturday match against Leicester as we were travelling back from Yorkshire but it was on MOTD.

We went to the Leeds replay from London. Luckily I had relatives in Yorkshire as my Dad was from there. My cousin, John Ogden, had financed John Madeley to start his DIY shop in Otley, so knew Paul Madeley and he had become a decent shareholder at Leeds and I had been in the directors box there when Spurs visited.

Anyway, I am painting a picture of wealthy relatives. So when we got to Leeds my antie picked ud up in her Rolls Royce. She drove us to the ground but didn't know where to get off the ring road (she lived in Guiseley) and we drove around for a while when we saw this chap,running on the road. We stopped and asked directions and he said he was late for the game. My auntie said hop in. Can you believe the guys luck? He turned up to Elland Road in a Roller. I bet he got a few free drinks on that one.

To end on another comical anecdote. Mrs KG and I were picked up after the game by another aunt and uncle who lived in Howarth. And they had a three wheeler! Their son, my cousin Mark, was at Bradford City with his son when the ground caught fire and his after his actions that day, he received some sort of gallantry medal.

To be honest DoubleN, in the many times I have been to Elland Road, I haven't had any scary moments but know many have.

Edited by keelansgrandad

33 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

To be honest DoubleN, in the many times I have been to Elland Road, I haven't had any scary moments but know many have.

Only been to Elland Rd once and that was in our first ever season in Div 1. Flew up there in an old WW2 Dakota for the price of 10 quid. The only scary moment was getting on the plane at Norwich airport and some mechanic was looking under one of the engine cowlings and scratching his head. We lost 2-0 72/73 season. 

Edited by ricardo

1 hour ago, ricardo said:

Only been to Elland Rd once and that was in our first ever season in Div 1. Flew up there in an old WW2 Dakota for the price of 10 quid. The only scary moment was getting on the plane at Norwich airport and some mechanic was looking under one of the engine cowlings and scratching his head. We lost 2-0 72/73 season. 

I flew on that old crate coming back from Holland. It was in time for the Sunderland match which was Jimmy Bone's first home match. The stewardess had to wear a fur coat as the back door didn't shut properly. She came round with a basket of club biscuits which we probably didn't eat as we were gripping our seats and sheltering from the draught.

We went to that Leeds league match on the top brass special. Read a brand new novel that was tipped as a bestseller going up and back. The Godfather.

Edited by keelansgrandad

2 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Unfortunately I didn't go to Villa Park. In fact I missed the Saturday match against Leicester as we were travelling back from Yorkshire but it was on MOTD.

We went to the Leeds replay from London. Luckily I had relatives in Yorkshire as my Dad was from there. My cousin, John Ogden, had financed John Madeley to start his DIY shop in Otley, so knew Paul Madeley and he had become a decent shareholder at Leeds and I had been in the directors box there when Spurs visited.

Anyway, I am painting a picture of wealthy relatives. So when we got to Leeds my antie picked ud up in her Rolls Royce. She drove us to the ground but didn't know where to get off the ring road (she lived in Guiseley) and we drove around for a while when we saw this chap,running on the road. We stopped and asked directions and he said he was late for the game. My auntie said hop in. Can you believe the guys luck? He turned up to Elland Road in a Roller. I bet he got a few free drinks on that one.

To end on another comical anecdote. Mrs KG and I were picked up after the game by another aunt and uncle who lived in Howarth. And they had a three wheeler! Their son, my cousin Mark, was at Bradford City with his son when the ground caught fire and his after his actions that day, he received some sort of gallantry medal.

Great story Pops.

The scary moment I referred to was at Villa Park. Rail travel wasn't like it is now with fans sharing the same trains. For a lot of games there would be football specials which were not service trains. So after that game you had Norwich fans on one platform waiting for their train and Leeds fans on the opposite platform waiting for their train. There were a lot more of them and in that moment it did cross my mind that it was just as well that they had won...

29 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I flew on that old crate coming back from Holland. It was in time for the Sunderland match which was Jimmy Bone's first home match. The stewardess had to wear a fur coat as the back door didn't shut properly. She came round with a basket of club biscuits which we probably didn't eat as we were gripping our seats and sheltering from the draught.

We went to that Leeds league match on the top brass special. Read a brand new novel that was tipped as a bestseller going up and back. The Godfather.

Jimmy Bone’s first game was away at Birmingham, went on a football special train, lost 4 - 0 and I ran out of petrol on Ditchingham Dam at one in the morning on the way home.

On 05/09/2023 at 15:50, Aggy said:

A large yellow and green chequered flag signed by a number of the the 03/04 promotion winning side which my grandad gave me as a teenager.

I have a NCFC ball singed by all of the players from that season.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, CANARYKING said:

Jimmy Bone’s first game was away at Birmingham, went on a football special train, lost 4 - 0 and I ran out of petrol on Ditchingham Dam at one in the morning on the way home.

Luckily I was in Germany and Holland for a week and missed that match at St Andrews.

1 hour ago, wcorkcanary said:

IMG_20230714_131644.thumb.jpg.eacb2e37e2b54b3ae6e74fd0d3930316.jpg

I had one like that but half his head went missing.

21 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Great story Pops.

The scary moment I referred to was at Villa Park. Rail travel wasn't like it is now with fans sharing the same trains. For a lot of games there would be football specials which were not service trains. So after that game you had Norwich fans on one platform waiting for their train and Leeds fans on the opposite platform waiting for their train. There were a lot more of them and in that moment it did cross my mind that it was just as well that they had won...

After Palace away in that first season in the old 1st Division we decided to go into London for the night. Our train got bricked. They just sat on the edge of a bridge and hurled them down at us. 

1 hour ago, keelansgrandad said:

I had one like that but half his head went missing.

After Palace away in that first season in the old 1st Division we decided to go into London for the night. Our train got bricked. They just sat on the edge of a bridge and hurled them down at us. 

They used to brick the train coming out of Ipswich. 

You mention at the start a tickets collection.  Well I have a collection going back to my first season 1985-86 of every away ticket, well nearly every one.  I’m probably missing less than 100.  There can’t be many sets like this in existence.  Always looking for the missing ones if anyone can help.   I am fully complete from 2002-2017 so it’s only before and the last couple of seasons I’m missing a few.. …

IMG_4445.jpeg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

I've got a picture of Elvis meeting the Beatles signed on by both of them. 

Elvis Hammond? 

• Haha 1